The Pelé Podcast - Andy Graham

Awesome FF.

The John Gemmell interview was quality, from an East Fife point of view I would like to hear from Kenny Deuchar and maybe low League maestro Paul McManus.

Temps is a good shout too and the end of an era if he is retiring this summer.

I for one am absolutely delighted this is back.
Id be more than happy to hear from (if possible) ....
Andy Geggan
Paddy Boyle
The Dunlop Brothers
Brian Kerr
Marc Fitzpatrick

Geggan is a superb shout.

Just finished listening to him off the Soccer FM podcast and he’s brilliant.

Interesting listening to the preview of the 2015/16 League 2 season there. I'd forgotten how fancied Stirling Albion had been.  There was an audible gasp when Shaun predicted they wouldn't be in the top 4.

The talk of Arbroath building for the future under Todd Lumsden as well.:lol:

Interesting listening to the preview of the 2015/16 League 2 season there. I'd forgotten how fancied Stirling Albion had been.  There was an audible gasp when Shaun predicted they wouldn't be in the top 4.
The talk of Arbroath building for the future under Todd Lumsden as well.:lol:

Tbf we did build for the future. He made everyone realise how pish he was and how much we needed a good appointment. [emoji23]

I had never seen us finish lower than 4th in the bottom tier before him. That guy reached new levels of useless for me. We would’ve been down if it wasn’t for Bobby Linn.

Thank god for the Bunnet.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tbf we did build for the future. He made everyone realise how pish he was and how much we needed a good appointment. emoji23.png

I had never seen us finish lower than 4th in the bottom tier before him. That guy reached new levels of useless for me. We would’ve been down if it wasn’t for Bobby Linn.

Aye, there was a few mentions that Arbroath could win it the following year. Kind of prophetic but for the wrong reasons.

Templeman would be a great shout.
Marc McKenzie (Albion R, Shire, Stenny, goodness knows who else) might be interesting too. He had a decent career in the lower dvisions. Who knows where he is now, though.

He’s at Arthurlie now Ivo, he decided to go there in the summer for personal reasons (at the time) rather than footballing ones.

If the THHP team were interested in him then I could find out if he’s interested. I think he’d be up for it.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Let's just calm down here.

Dick Campbell came in with the top budget in the division, and had us finish top of the league.

Next season, Dick has a budget 3rd/ 4th highest in the division. He finishes 4th.

Both good seasons for the football club and in both seasons he has done an excellent job and I'm delighted with him so far, but he's hardly some sort of miracle working saviour. If Todd Lumsden had the budget Dick had even he would have had us far higher than 9th. Need to have some sort of perspective here.

Anyway - this thread is not for that....

As has been mentioned from our point of view I'm pretty sure Bobby Linn would be happy to have a chat, also Danny Denholm and Ryan Wallace could both be a good shout considering the clubs they've played for/ what they've been involved in over the years.

37 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Agree with a lot of the shouts on here. Others that I think would be interesting -

Paul Lovering 

David Cox 

Neil Parry 

Paul Sheerin 

Stewart Petrie 

Gary Bollan 

Scott Booth (?) 

Yes please. What a listen that would be. 

Prunty would be a good shout, not the most contraversial of characters (bar his famous hand ball) but probably one of the soundest c***s in the history of Scottish football.

The high flying Joe Savage has the potential to be a classic but he's big time now.

Derek Lyle seems like a right bam with a few decent stories from nights right on it.

Jim Duffy could be looking for something do in his spare time and would provide some quality content IMO.

Dick Campbell came in with the top budget in the division, and had us finish top of the league.
Next season, Dick has a budget 3rd/ 4th highest in the division. He finishes 4th.

Always amazes me when fans talk about exact budgets, I’ve been watching Scottish Football for 31 years now and have never once known a clubs budget. You can have a rough guess with the players they sign, but i don’t think anyone (other than club officials) knows exactly.

Also.....Peterhead were rumoured to have the biggest Part Time budget in League 1 last season and were relegated, they were rumoured to have the biggest League 2 budget this season and failed to win the league (they might not even be promoted) on the flip side of that, Montrose are rumoured to have a modest budget for League 2, with 4 or 5 other clubs spending more than them, yet they won the league. Just saying!

Both good seasons for the football club and in both seasons he has done an excellent job and I'm delighted with him so far, but he's hardly some sort of miracle working saviour. If Todd Lumsden had the budget Dick had even he would have had us far higher than 9th. Need to have some sort of perspective here.
Anyway - this thread is not for that....
As has been mentioned from our point of view I'm pretty sure Bobby Linn would be happy to have a chat, also Danny Denholm and Ryan Wallace could both be a good shout considering the clubs they've played for/ what they've been involved in over the years.

Bore off

Always amazes me when fans talk about exact budgets, I’ve been watching Scottish Football for 31 years now and have never once known a clubs budget. You can have a rough guess with the players they sign, but i don’t think anyone (other than club officials) knows exactly.

Also.....Peterhead were rumoured to have the biggest Part Time budget in League 1 last season and were relegated, they were rumoured to have the biggest League 2 budget this season and failed to win the league (they might not even be promoted) on the flip side of that, Montrose are rumoured to have a modest budget for League 2, with 4 or 5 other clubs spending more than them, yet they won the league. Just saying!

It’s all just guess work

Simon was one for boring the Arbroath fans to tears about win percentages of DC in comparison to Lumsden when he had been in charge for about 6 month

Funnily enough that’s all stopped now

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I completely agree with what you're saying regarding budgets not equating to league positions. See the sentence within my initial post that I've highlighted below. Maybe 1320Lichtie should have a wee re-read of it also.

4 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Both good seasons for the football club and in both seasons he has done an excellent job and I'm delighted with him so far, but he's hardly some sort of miracle working saviour.

Budget =! league position. A very general summary below.....

Good budget + good manager = success. (see Arbroath FC for last two years).

Good budget + shit manager = no success (see Peterhead FC for last two years)

Shit budget + shit manager = utter shite served up on the park (See Todd Lumsden reign at Arbroath FC)

If shit budget but a good manager and a team has success, the manager has obviously done an outstanding job and is deserving of more praise than managers with far larger budgets doing a similar job (see comparison between Albion Rovers league win a few years ago and Arbroath league win last season). Both managers have done an excellent job, but I'd praise Darren Young for his title win more than Dick before he worked with a fraction of Dick's resources.

Surely this is all just a logical, common sense viewpoint? :unsure:

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s all just guess work

Simon was one for boring the Arbroath fans to tears about win percentages of DC in comparison to Lumsden when he had been in charge for about 6 month

Funnily enough that’s all stopped now

Just because you disagree with me you automatically assume I am 'guessing' with everything I say. There are a variety of things I could reply to this with, or even say to you personally, but I don't think it's acceptable to start chucking figures about regarding budgets in the public domain. It's not public information, it shouldn't be public information, and it could damage the club if people started putting private information into the public domain.

Secondly - I honestly cannot believe the DC/ Lumsden comparison comment. Two things:

One - you have completely missed the point. The point was, we were at a stage where people were calling Lumsden every name under the sun and praising Dick Campbell a dozen or so games into his tenure. This was a ridiculous situation, as Dick's record AT THAT POINT was no better than Todd's. You couldn't have found a single Scottish football fan worth their salt who didn't think mid/ long term Dick would do a far, far better job than Todd. That was never in doubt FFS. The point being made what, at that stage, Dick hadn't done anything. Not his fault at all - he inherited a terrible squad of football players. However, he didn't deserve any credit for 'turning things around' when he hadn't turned anything around at all.

Two - I knew it would wind people up immensly pointing out the above, such was the dislike of Todd. I have been proven so right on that side of things that here we are, literally years later, with you bringing it up and still wound up by it. Honestly, when I saw your reply I burst out laughing that this has come up again :D

Why would I have continued to point this out?! The comparison was redundent when Dick got his own players in and they gelled. That was 18 months ago.