The Pelé Podcast - Andy Graham

Like a few others have said, I think he's more talent than his career suggests. Obviously not seen him as much elsewhere, but at Airdrie he suffered because I don't think he was suited to playing right midfield in a 4-4-2, particularly in a defensive team. To be at his best I'd say he needs almost a free role with few defensive duties, but hardly any clubs at this level have a player given that role. He seemed to get this more at Brechin where he's played his best football.

Definitely agree about his best position. He's been a bit unlucky that he's come back at a time that Alan Forrest's really establishing himself as a key player in the team. Pretty much impossible to play them both in the same team without at least one of them having to be sacrificed out wide, and Trouten probably suffers from being the stronger and more defensively capable of the two since it's usually him (unless Ayr are playing 4-4-2, in which case Forrest is shunted out wide as well). All 3 strikers' contracts are up in January so it's possible he'll get a run as a "number 10" if one or two leave and McCall decides to go one up front regularly, but as it is I don't think we'll see the best of him this season.

• 2 months later...

Alright troops, I've recorded a podcast with well-travelled striker Colin McMenamin - CLICK.

We spoke for well over two hours so I've had to divide it in two. The first part deals with Stenhousemuir's current season before he looks back at his teenage years and his move to Newcastle. He talks about three-and-a-half years at Livingston and then gives us the real money - Gretna and Dundee.

Part two will be released tomorrow. They're both pretty excellent, plenty of great stuff in here.

All thoughts and feedback welcome. Follow Tell Him He's Pelé on Twitter and like them on Facebook.

Alright troops, I've recorded a podcast with well-travelled striker Colin McMenamin - CLICK.

We spoke for well over two hours so I've had to divide it in two. The first part deals with Stenhousemuir's current season before he looks back at his teenage years and his move to Newcastle. He talks about three-and-a-half years at Livingston and then gives us the real money - Gretna and Dundee.

Part two will be released tomorrow. They're both pretty excellent, plenty of great stuff in here.

All thoughts and feedback welcome. Follow Tell Him He's Pelé on Twitter and like them on Facebook.

What a guy you are. Tomorrow morning in work sorted.

Another great listen. Didn't know about Queens screwing him over when he was younger or his tyres getting slashed.He really didn't have the best of luck when It came to picking teams. Interesting his comments about Chisholm reflected the confusing nature of his team selection at Queens.

My ideal podcast guest would be Derek Lyle, the man's probably got enough stories for a three parter.

There I was bigging THHP up to my Uni lecturer today and you produce this, tomorrow's train journey sorted.

I went to school with Colin's nephew - or it might've been cousin - either way he scored into me from just about the halfway line infront of almost the whole school. One of my most upsetting moments in football.

Another great listen. Didn't know about Queens screwing him over when he was younger or his tyres getting slashed.He really didn't have the best of luck when It came to picking teams. Interesting his comments about Chisholm reflected the confusing nature of his team selection at Queens.

My ideal podcast guest would be Derek Lyle, the man's probably got enough stories for a three parter.

Trying to send players out on loan at under-14 level or whatever it was is one of the most ridiculous ideas I've heard! Just let him go and play with a team at that level, whoever it may be, then re-sign him if he develops as hoped.

Cheers for the feedback on part one. Here's part two - CLICK.

There's more good stuff in here. Colin talks about his time with Queen of the South, Ross County, Greenock Morton and Celtic Nation, before moving on to discuss his time with Stenny. If, like me, you dislike Scott Booth and want to hear more about his incompetence in managing a football team, then this is right up your street.

Cheers for the feedback on part one. Here's part two - CLICK.

There's more good stuff in here. Colin talks about his time with Queen of the South, Ross County, Greenock Morton and Celtic Nation, before moving on to discuss his time with Stenny. If, like me, you dislike Scott Booth and want to hear more about his incompetence in managing a football team, then this is right up your street.

Sounds interesting, will listen later.

Strangely enough a long journey from Larbert to Ross-shire today was made very enjoyable with Craig's good work with my teams best striker ever (exc Boycie). Just beforehand I listened to Hamish Macalpine and Mo miss pass chuntering on about wee Jim MacLean and think he must have had a wee dalliance wi Mrs Adams one night in Fat Sams...

• 5 months later...
It's certainly not fee worthy but I would like the lad to hurry the f**k up and get another one done soon.

Definitely worth a quid or 2 for the effort that goes into it. Must be some hassle getting it all sorted, would be happy to pay a small amount, would all add up in the end. Great content.