The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I watched it loads of times and couldn’t understand a word of it so cheers for clarifying. Did Lafferty say what’s being reported ?

Seems to, he should know better however he is an idiot so comes as little surprise.

51 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Seems to, he should know better however he is an idiot so comes as little surprise.

Yes, he comes across as not the brightest. Not that, that excuses him of course. If it came to light on social media that I was using language like that and it was recorded and on social media, my employer would investigate and I fully expect I would be dismissed.

Its also quite depressing the number of people that seem to go about recording famous people to try and get a reaction out of them then post it online. I don’t use a lot of social media so don’t fully understand it however that seems like quite a weird thing to do.

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Most bigots are not the brightest 

Kilmarnock should be binning, it’s that’s simple

Under no circumstances is using that language acceptable,

He’s not a daft wee boy.

He’s 35

I doubt he will get binned. We’ve had examples of similar in the past where a slap on the wrists will get dished out and he will release a statement about how really, really sorry he is and how he will use this experience to grow and learn.

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I watched it loads of times and couldn’t understand a word of it so cheers for clarifying. Did Lafferty say what’s being reported ?

I thought it was just me that couldn't make out what was said.

12 hours ago, Rugster said:

Lafferty has been withdrawn from the NI Squad.

He hasn't trained since Tuesday with a back problem, probably best he comes back to face the music than sit in the stands anyway.

On 24/09/2022 at 18:34, olliethedug said:

Obviously never been to Drongan. 

Or Dreghorn, Sturgeon's home town, it's like driving up the Shankhill. Flags, banners & street bunting everywhere.

Kilmarnock Football Club has concluded its investigation into an alleged comment made by Kyle Lafferty which was circulated across social media via a video recording on Thursday, 22 September.

The club can confirm that Kyle regrets his actions and acknowledges that he has let down himself, his family, the club and the supporters.

Kilmarnock Football Club has subsequently taken internal action, including the serving of a substantial fine. The club has also engaged Scotland’s leading anti-sectarian charity, Nil By Mouth, which will work closely with Kyle on a one-to-one basis, in addition to delivering training to our first team squad and academy squad members, to provide education which the charity believes is key to tackling Sectarianism in society.

Kyle has also committed to supporting the club’s community projects which will see him participating in Nil by Mouth’s educational initiatives, in addition to serving Kilmarnock’s ‘Football for All’ programmes on a weekly basis for the foreseeable future.

A Notice of Complaint has now been served and received by the club from the Compliance Officer at the Scottish FA with regards to the player, Kyle Lafferty. This hearing will be heard on Thursday, 20 October 2022. The club will now focus on fully cooperating with the Scottish FA’s investigation.

Kilmarnock Football Club would like to thank Nil By Mouth for their ongoing support in this matter.

3 minutes ago, muirkirk nil said:

The club has also engaged Scotland’s leading anti-sectarian charity, Nil By Mouth, which will work closely with Kyle on a one-to-one basis, in addition to delivering training to our first team squad and academy squad members, to provide education which the charity believes is key to tackling Sectarianism in society.

Thus, one man's actions impacts on the entire first team squad, plus younger players. I'd be fuming at Lafferty if I had to listen to NbM delivering me training. 

46 minutes ago, muirkirk nil said:

Kilmarnock Football Club has concluded its investigation into an alleged comment made by Kyle Lafferty which was circulated across social media via a video recording on Thursday, 22 September.

The club can confirm that Kyle regrets his actions and acknowledges that he has let down himself, his family, the club and the supporters.

Kilmarnock Football Club has subsequently taken internal action, including the serving of a substantial fine. The club has also engaged Scotland’s leading anti-sectarian charity, Nil By Mouth, which will work closely with Kyle on a one-to-one basis, in addition to delivering training to our first team squad and academy squad members, to provide education which the charity believes is key to tackling Sectarianism in society.

Kyle has also committed to supporting the club’s community projects which will see him participating in Nil by Mouth’s educational initiatives, in addition to serving Kilmarnock’s ‘Football for All’ programmes on a weekly basis for the foreseeable future.

A Notice of Complaint has now been served and received by the club from the Compliance Officer at the Scottish FA with regards to the player, Kyle Lafferty. This hearing will be heard on Thursday, 20 October 2022. The club will now focus on fully cooperating with the Scottish FA’s investigation.

Kilmarnock Football Club would like to thank Nil By Mouth for their ongoing support in this matter.

Embarrassing from Kilmarnock, the guy should be out the door 

Edit: They can’t even acknowledge it was anti catholic 

Edited by Clown Job