The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Just now, Clown Job said:

Yes absolutely 

If it was a player of a club I supported I’d absolutely want to see him out the door 

If they can’t do it legally, then at the very least I would expect him not to be picked 

Not exactly a controversial statement to be making here.

And I don’t doubt that’s how you feel. But the fact that there actually has been racist comments made by footballers in Scotland and these incidents were not handled any differently than this one, kind of casts doubt on your assertion that this is somehow being treated differently simply because it involved anti-Catholic remarks.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

And I don’t doubt that’s how you feel. But the fact that there actually has been racist comments made by footballers in Scotland and these incidents were not handled any differently than this one, kind of casts doubt on your assertion that this is somehow being treated differently simply because it involved anti-Catholic remarks.

They should all be treated the same 

People who use such language should not be earning a wage from Scottish football 

Be it racist, bigotry, or anything similar 

Just because it was treated lightly in the past doesn’t mean that should be the future 

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

People who use such language should not be earning a wage from Scottish football 

Just because it was treated lightly in the past doesn’t mean that should be the future 

I’m not disagreeing with that either. But you are suggesting it is being treated DIFFERENTLY this time round simply because it is anti-Catholic rather than racist or antisemitic. I just don’t see that as being the case given racist comments have been treated similarly.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I’m not disagreeing with that either. But you are suggesting it is being treated DIFFERENTLY this time round simply because it is anti-Catholic rather than racist or antisemitic. I just don’t see that as being the case given racist comments have been treated similarly.

Come on you know that’s not what I’m saying 

If he said something homophobic I’d be saying the same thing 

Too many people in this thread see this through the Celtic/Rangers prism 

You struggle to know he was a Kilmarnock players if you only read what was posted in here by some people 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

So you could either answer my question or just slink off, like you usually do.

And here we have it, without answering the pertinent question :

35 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Back on the block list for you. 

I Mean Told You GIF by Catfish MTV

58 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m sorry I had no idea discussing a player receiving a 10 game ban for being a bigot was out of bounds

I apologise for mentioning it, Hopefully I haven’t upset anyone too much. 

Kilmarnock still employ and play him, so yeah they do have a say in it. A pretty big one 

I can see you are in the middle of arguing with another c.5 people who you don’t know so I’ll just leave you to it.

57 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Have you considered that Kilmarnock may have researched what other Scottish clubs with similar player situations have done and set as a precedent? Celtic with Tonev and Griffiths, and Clyde with the original signing of Goodwillie as examples.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Yes absolutely 

If it was a player of a club I supported I’d absolutely want to see him out the door 

If they can’t do it legally, then at the very least I would expect him not to be picked 

Not exactly a controversial statement to be making here.

Were you kicking up f**k when the following occured, if not, why?....

On 30 October 2014, Tonev was given a seven-match ban for "using abusive language of a racist nature". Celtic confirmed that they would appeal the decision, as they believe him to be innocent. Tonev then lost his appeal and Celtic decided not to take the matter any further.

🤣🤣🤣

It still took till the 27th Aug 2015, 10 months later, before they decided to move Tonev on.

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Have you considered that Kilmarnock may have researched what other Scottish clubs with similar player situations have done and set as a precedent? Celtic with Tonev and Griffiths, and Clyde with the original signing of Goodwillie as examples.

See my previous posts