The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

12 hours ago, Cmac1869 said:

St Mirren seem to have a very reactive support, they have wee personal beefs with Motherwell/ Hearts and now Kilmarnock. Apart from all those clubs being bigger than them and more successful. St Mirren play a stunning role as the bridesmaid to the Top Six. Even out doing themselves in the last game of the season. 

They took a few of our players who got us relegated for first time in nearly 30 years and they think they are now big time. I don't mind St Mirren as a club and as relatively close by neighbours within the Prem id like us to have a bit more of a rivalry because after humping Black and White shite in Ayr last season we need a bridesmaid to fill that void. 

We are certainly not perfect as a squad but have some players who are good for this league. We will likely add another 5/6 starting quality in next month and we will see where we go. Many teams go down and struggle to come back up first time of asking, Just ask yourselves, Rangers, Hibs, Dundee United. 

Looking forward to a trip to Paisley soon

Ah, just half a team you need to sign then. Good luck with that, as long as they are of similar quality to the likes of Power and Donnelly you should be fine.

21 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Has he retired then? 

I'd guess he'd have had a few good offers so it seems quite sudden to go from "I still have a burning desire to play" to "right, that is it I'm done." In just about 5 weeks?

I would think he'll be registered as a player anyway. he'll keep himself in good nick, stick him on the bench if we're short on players.

40 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

I would think he'll be registered as a player anyway. he'll keep himself in good nick, stick him on the bench if we're short on players.

McInnes confirmed this morning he'll be a registered player for the reserve side to help bring others on.

On 11/07/2022 at 22:25, Hendo said:

Ah, just half a team you need to sign then. Good luck with that, as long as they are of similar quality to the likes of Power and Donnelly you should be fine.

Premier League players the both of them. Alan Power has finished twice in the Top Six with us that's 2 more times than your club have since the SPL existed.

Incredibly despite St Mirren being interested in Donnelly (no wonder he was at Motherwell) he choose to come to Killie. Donnelly also has finished twice in top six with Motherwell recently a feat the Paisley Boys never quite seem to master. 

St Mirren have an unhealthy obsession calling teams who are generally more successful diddies.

35 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Premier League players the both of them. Alan Power has finished twice in the Top Six with us that's 2 more times than your club have since the SPL existed.

Incredibly despite St Mirren being interested in Donnelly (no wonder he was at Motherwell) he choose to come to Killie. Donnelly also has finished twice in top six with Motherwell recently a feat the Paisley Boys never quite seem to master. 

St Mirren have an unhealthy obsession calling teams who are generally more successful diddies.

We let Power go as he wasn't very good. He was also in the Killie side that got relegated.

We were not interested in signing Donnelly, mainly because he has played an average of 13 games a season over the last 4 years, and he's also not very good.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

We let Power go as he wasn't very good. He was also in the Killie side that got relegated.

We were not interested in signing Donnelly, mainly because he has played an average of 13 games a season over the last 4 years, and he's also not very good.

Power must've been terrible for you guys to play him 40 times last season.

St Mirren were interested in Donnelly. Thats par for the course. Power was also probably your best for the first half of the season under Goodwin. He then went down hill when Robinson came in like the vast majority of the team. 

On 11/07/2022 at 16:00, Mr. Alli said:

Has he retired then? 

I'd guess he'd have had a few good offers so it seems quite sudden to go from "I still have a burning desire to play" to "right, that is it I'm done." In just about 5 weeks?

Summer of reflection and more to his role at Killie than was previously offered too. 

Maybe wanted to end his career on high.

On 11/07/2022 at 22:25, Hendo said:

We'll finish above St Mirren. You can bookmark that if you want.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Certainly easy to come by in Kilmarnock if the BBC program was anything like the truth. 

Reveal hidden contents

sorry not sorry GIF

Says a man who supports Dundee, a city which as recent as Aug last year, was named the drug death capital of Europe.

Joe Wright signed on a 1 year deal.

Apparently he was quite impressive in the 3 trial games he had for Hearts last week.

Hopefully we get a look at him tonight as he goes straight into the squad against Partick.

11 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We'll finish above St Mirren. You can bookmark that if you want.

With your current squad you won't finish above anyone.

Only 5 or 6 premier league standard players needed with just over 2 weeks to go to the start of the season.

Tik tok. Most other clubs have got the majority of their squad in place by now.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Tik tok. Most other clubs have got the majority of their squad in place by now.

Congratulations on winning The Mid July New Signings Trophy !!

I'm not overly bothered about us at present but I'd be a tad concerned if I were a Saints fan considering you've spunked the majority of your budget on a squad that couldn't get past a part time Arbroath team.

At least we still have 4 or 5 to come in whereas Saints might have 1, 2 at a push.

As McInnes said after tonights game, and on several previous ocassions, we won't start the league with a starting lineup like we have for the Premier Cup.

So until he's proved wrong i'll take him at his word.

Bad result 'n' aw... but removing Killie from the betting is a wee bit premature.

Fermers missing too.

Screenshot_20220714-140902.png

Edited by Syme
Typo

An unusual starting XI last night to say the least, and I don't know why the manager played a weaker team than the team that played against Fraserburgh. Obviously with Lafferty injured he had to make a change up top, but I think last night shows why Innes Cameron will never be a top-level striker. Far too slow and had the speed and the turning circle of the Waverley. As some alluded to elsewhere, perhaps the manager wanted to put the players of lesser quality in the shop window to attract other clubs to ask for them on loan/buy them - I can't see anyone taking any of these players based on last night though. McInroy was good when he came on and I'd like to see more of him.

When it came to the penalties, I had confidence in Hemming but it wasn't his best display. Had he stood still for a couple, he would have had relatively easy saves but I understand why keepers don't want to stand in the middle and risk looking daft. When it came to Murray's slip I think the whole ground started laughing, and it was unlucky but that now puts us in a weak position to try and get out of the group. There's plenty of time for things to happen elsewhere but it looks like we're relying on gaining 6 points and hoping that everything else works out.

It's still obvious that the squad needs some strengthening and I hope that the manager will be working hard on this. I'm not panicking, but with Dundee United looking strong already I can't see us getting anything from the first 3 games with this pool of players.

47 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

An unusual starting XI last night to say the least, and I don't know why the manager played a weaker team than the team that played against Fraserburgh. Obviously with Lafferty injured he had to make a change up top, but I think last night shows why Innes Cameron will never be a top-level striker. Far too slow and had the speed and the turning circle of the Waverley. As some alluded to elsewhere, perhaps the manager wanted to put the players of lesser quality in the shop window to attract other clubs to ask for them on loan/buy them - I can't see anyone taking any of these players based on last night though. McInroy was good when he came on and I'd like to see more of him.

When it came to the penalties, I had confidence in Hemming but it wasn't his best display. Had he stood still for a couple, he would have had relatively easy saves but I understand why keepers don't want to stand in the middle and risk looking daft. When it came to Murray's slip I think the whole ground started laughing, and it was unlucky but that now puts us in a weak position to try and get out of the group. There's plenty of time for things to happen elsewhere but it looks like we're relying on gaining 6 points and hoping that everything else works out.

It's still obvious that the squad needs some strengthening and I hope that the manager will be working hard on this. I'm not panicking, but with Dundee United looking strong already I can't see us getting anything from the first 3 games with this pool of players.

Cannae beat a Thistle team a league below you = tinpot