The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Would hope that come Friday when a lot of contracts expire elsewhere we can continue to add to the squad. It's currently nowhere near deep or good enough and the manager will know this himself.

11 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Would hope that come Friday when a lot of contracts expire elsewhere we can continue to add to the squad. It's currently nowhere near deep or good enough and the manager will know this himself.

Clubs have know  for months what players are being released. You currently have a first team squad of 22, so there's not much additional space, and your signings so far are your goalie from last season, two kids from the Old Firm neither of whom have played a game higher than Championship level, and Alan Power who looked done towards the end of his time with us. 

If that was St Mirren at this stage of pre season, our thread would be full of raging fans wanting Robinson tarred and feathered. I'm surprised Killie fans are still so relatively upbeat despite everything.

Welcome back to the Premiership forum lads, with the inevitable "your squad is so shit" chat from St Mirren fans, which slowly morphs into "look at how great our side is, every club should act like we do as we're so great" after they win a couple of games in November, before they vanish around February as the inevitability of a bottom half finish sinks in for them again.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Welcome back to the Premiership forum lads, with the inevitable "your squad is so shit" chat from St Mirren fans, which slowly morphs into "look at how great our side is, every club should act like we do as we're so great" after they win a couple of games in November, before they vanish around February as the inevitability of a bottom half finish sinks in for them again.

I read one of them type and send "Motherwell fans take shots at us for copying them but I don't know why because as a fan base we as St Mirren fans are the ones who are always congratulating them on how they do things".

I really hope there isn't a running tally of "Who is nicest to other fan bases".

I do wonder about peoples expectations of what we will sign…

Some have suggested we need 6/7 quality signings - we really don’t, if we can get a couple of quality loans then that would be ideal but can only see us bringing in another 4/5, but they will be solid players who probably know this league.

Some have said we need, 2 new full backs and 2 wingers - well, if McInnes’s preferred formation is 3-5-2 then we need 2 wing backs and Hodson, Waters, Murray and Armstrong will provide cover 

Can see us signing another centre-half, two wing backs and another midfielder. If budget allows another forward but would imagine that would be later in the window and loan from down south

what you think Kilmarnock need bring new signing to McInnes need bring player with position and how much McInnes need bring new signing at transfer?

On 29/06/2022 at 22:01, RandomGuy. said:

We've been out of the league for a season so I may have missed it, but did they ever achieve Tony's aim of winning the league?

We've been out of the league for a season so I may have missed it, but did they ever achieve Tony's aim of winning the league?
Aye you missed it. We pipped celtic to the league last season and are currently looking forward to our champions league draw.

Fanny

7 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

We may have challenged but our recruitment was bad, signing players like Hodson, Waters, Power and Lyons.

I wonder where they all are now? I'll need to check, probably some Scottish League 1 mob I'd expect.

Edited by Hendo

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

We may have challenged but our recruitment was bad, signing players like Hodson, Waters, Power and Lyons.

I wonder where they all are now? I'll need to check, probably some Scottish League 1 mob I'd expect.

You’ve still got superstars like Brophy and Kiltie. 😀😀😀

Eh, no thanks.

Both of them would be improvements on some of the guys in our current squad - Brophy would probably even start ahead of Shaw. Fortunately we have a good manager, unlike St Mirren, so we'll get on fine without them.

On 02/07/2022 at 12:32, craigkillie said:

Both of them would be improvements on some of the guys in our current squad - Brophy would probably even start ahead of Shaw. Fortunately we have a good manager, unlike St Mirren, so we'll get on fine without them.

A good manager who has kept most of your duds, and signed a couple of kids and a past it midfielder.

I do think you have a good manager, which makes me think, given the way he's constructing his squad, that he's being forced to do it on the cheap. Fowler also supposedly leaving makes me wonder whats going on.