The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

12 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I wonder if DM will recall Cameron from QotS. He loves a big target man, who he could shape into the mould of a Cosgrove.

Wouldn't be overly surprised to see him make a move for Cosgrove on loan to be honest.

Edited by Sheep62

3 hours ago, theauldyin said:

Heard we were after bringing Jordon Jones back on loan, don’t know well that will go down. Also in for Gogic.

I'm fine with this. While Jones' comments and antics leaving us for Rangers weren't particularly smart, he's still a good player and we've been missing that kind of pace since he left us. Gogic would also do fine at this level.

Jones is a rat. Id cut my nose off to spite my face  a thousand times before taking him back. He isn't a goalscorer and would get booted up and down in this division. Need players with a ability to play under pressure and have a winning mentality.

12 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

He isn't a goalscorer and would get booted up and down in this division

Players much worse than Jordan Jones can take the piss out of most defences in this league, I’m sure he’d be fine.

Would be a great signing if you get him, assuming he’s still anywhere near his previous Killie levels. 

If McInnes sorts Killie out in the way you'd expect, and they go on to win the league, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kennedy be in contention for young player of the year. 

He's got all the attributes to stand out in a team that's got their tails up, have most of the ball, and are dominating games. If Killie do bring Kennedy in though and the dodgy form continues, don't expect him to be integral in turning things around. 

It's not so much that he's not got the stomach for the fight, it's just not his game. You can tell he's come through an academy system where they win 9 games out of 10 and the wingers get to go out and have fun tearing fullbacks apart. 

Very similar to Barrie McKay, who looked pretty hopeless for the Rovers in the Championship but looked ten times the player for Rangers and then got his move down south. 

12 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If McInnes sorts Killie out in the way you'd expect, and they go on to win the league, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kennedy be in contention for young player of the year. 

He's got all the attributes to stand out in a team that's got their tails up, have most of the ball, and are dominating games. If Killie do bring Kennedy in though and the dodgy form continues, don't expect him to be integral in turning things around. 

It's not so much that he's not got the stomach for the fight, it's just not his game. You can tell he's come through an academy system where they win 9 games out of 10 and the wingers get to go out and have fun tearing fullbacks apart. 

Very similar to Barrie McKay, who looked pretty hopeless for the Rovers in the Championship but looked ten times the player for Rangers and then got his move down south. 

Kennedy is currently out with a back injury and has been unavailable for Aberdeens last 8 games and counting. I doubt he'll be going anywhere this window.

24 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Kennedy is currently out with a back injury and has been unavailable for Aberdeens last 8 games and counting. I doubt he'll be going anywhere this window.

Were you thinking of Matty Kennedy instead of Kai Kennedy?