The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

2 hours ago, Richie95 said:

TL/DR version: one season in the Championship and getting promoted in the first time of asking= not the worst thing. More than one season in the Championship= absolutely horrifying. 

This pretty much sums it up. If you have the cash to go and chuck at it like Hearts and County have done in the last few years then it will be a fun season and you’ll get a title at the end of it.

On the other hand, if you don’t go for the big spending option you can find yourself stuck here for a good while. It’s a b*****d of a league to try and get out of.

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

This pretty much sums it up. If you have the cash to go and chuck at it like Hearts and County have done in the last few years then it will be a fun season and you’ll get a title at the end of it.

On the other hand, if you don’t go for the big spending option you can find yourself stuck here for a good while. It’s a b*****d of a league to try and get out of.

I don't think Hearts 'chucked cash at it', we had a bigger budget than most of our opponents this season, by virtue of the fact that we were a big fish in a small pond.

33 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Patrick Thistle went down just 3 years ago and they managed it. 

1 hour ago, Richie95 said:

Wright has definitely improved the team since coming in and for that reason deserves at least this upcoming transfer window in order to clear out the squad and build a new one. 

Be interesting to see how this goes, tbh.

He never really had to rebuild our squad in one go, generally bringing in players over the course of a few windows while always having the "safety net" of experienced long serving players being at the club aswell, he also had the benefit of our youth academy pumping out players who can contribute.

He made a lot of good signings, but also a lot of poor ones, so it'll be interesting to see his hit rate.

I'd guess you'll get a month or so of peace until he starts moaning about how the club aren't getting the players he wants and how hard a job it's making it for him though, if he sticks around.

1 hour ago, ChrispPancake said:

When Killie played Falkirk on the last day of the season and got a draw to avoid relegation the Killie supporters I spoke to that day said the club was facing financial ruin if they had been relegated.

What's the financial position of Klilie these days with relegation now confirmed?

Think that's all just histrionics. The board have already come out and said there will be cuts, but not to the player budget. 

52 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I don't think Hearts 'chucked cash at it', we had a bigger budget than most of our opponents this season, by virtue of the fact that we were a big fish in a small pond.

Hertz player and staff budget was probably bigger that Livi, Ross County, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Hamilton and St Mirren in the top tier. Don’t kid yourself.

42 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Hertz player and staff budget was probably bigger that Livi, Ross County, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Hamilton and St Mirren in the top tier. Don’t kid yourself.

Hearts income is far bigger than all those clubs, so what exactly is your point? Should we have adjusted our budget to the average for the Championship?

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Are Killie fans wanting Wright kept on? 

Even after last night? 

Why not, he inherited a sack of shit from Dyer and contrary to what fans of other clubs think he improved us. 

55 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Think that's all just histrionics. The board have already come out and said there will be cuts, but not to the player budget. 

Unless they've been putting complementary caviar in the half time pies that is just telling fans what they want to hear and not an actual business plan. 

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

For most read all. I wouldn’t suggest you “bought the league” but given how your budget will have measured up to every other team in the league anything other that a comfortable title win would have been a shock.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

For most read all. I wouldn’t suggest you “bought the league” but given how your budget will have measured up to every other team in the league anything other that a comfortable title win would have been a shock.

Correct, if every club was locked in to a strict 50% of turnover on the playing budget, Hearts would still have a huge budgetary advantage over any of our league opponents last season. But that is not 'splashing the cash', it's a club bigger than it's opponents finding itself in a league below it's stature due to previous incompetence.

Anyway a bit off topic for the Kilmarnock thread.

Maybe chucked cash at it wasn’t really the right term but it was more that they probably had a budget bigger than every team in the league, possibly except for Dundee, put together and every other team were fighting for the playoffs and not the title. Whereas next year I think a fair few teams might have their eyes on a title challenge.

I’m not trying to use this as a bad thing but it’s just a fact that Hearts should have, and did, win the league very comfortably with the money they were spending compared to the rest.

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Why not, he inherited a sack of shit from Dyer and contrary to what fans of other clubs think he improved us. 

He looked completely uninterested in both legs. He's literally put more effort into calling out Mulumbu than he did trying to change anything last night. 

Jordon Robert’s couldn’t get a game for you and went to Motherwell on loan was on £7k a week !!! If that’s not throwing money at it I don’t know what is.

3 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Jordon Robert’s couldn’t get a game for you and went to Motherwell on loan was on £7k a week !!! If that’s not throwing money at it I don’t know what is.

There is no chance that Jordan Roberts is on £7k a week.

21 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Correct, if every club was locked in to a strict 50% of turnover on the playing budget, Hearts would still have a huge budgetary advantage over any of our league opponents last season. But that is not 'splashing the cash', it's a club bigger than it's opponents finding itself in a league below it's stature due to previous incompetence.

Anyway a bit off topic for the Kilmarnock thread.

I guess the relevant question is whether Neilson enhanced his reputation last season or otherwise?

31 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He looked completely uninterested in both legs. He's literally put more effort into calling out Mulumbu than he did trying to change anything last night. 

He deserves his chance Ali.... we can blame our season and the two legs against Dundee on any number of reasons but TW isn't one of them we find ourselves in this position.

He has been banging on for a month and more about what they practice in training goes out the window come match days as they dont/wont listen or take things onboard.

There's been a poison element and split in that dressing room since Alessio was appointed then allowed to continue under Dyer, case in point, bringing back Broadfoot from St Mirren and allowing Dicker to continue his influence. Christ, the man even brought back an unfit Mulumbu who was happy to sit on his arse at home in Paris the previous season then expected just to role up n play.

TW has had to kid n cajole them in an attempt to get them onside in an attempt to get us to safety, which he did to a point but ultimately wasn't enough .

He has to be given the chance to weed out that dead wood and build his own squad. I don't think it's fair to judge him based on what he had to work with since February when he was appointed.

Edited by C4mmy31