The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Burns reporting that Aaron McGowan has requested a transfer.

Seems a bit mental so early in his time with you tbh.

Based on McGowan's cameo apperances so far, im not fussed if he stays or not, he arrived not in the best of condition after lockdown, had a couple of chances and looks nothing like the player at Hamilton......

Ross Millen is well worth his place ahead of him, brilliant attitude according to many at the club including SC when he was here, bided his time behind SOD then grabbed his chance with both hands. Apart from his moment of madness against you guys he has been solid and has a great delivery into the box.

Absolutely Astounded that McGowan has been found out as not actually very good, especially at defending which is pretty important for a defender imo. Almost as if he was overrated by a lot of Accies fans because he joined and posted on the fans Facebook page.

He’ll be looking to go back down to England before the deadline.

4 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Ooft.
Can take the player out of Liverpool but not stop his scouse Dad from posting a unwise tweet.

To be fair to Dyer, McGowan has looked utter pish in the two games he's played.

I know he's a decent player but he's not done anything in the games he's played to justify starting.

McGowan looked like he was towing a caravan v Rangers, looked miles out of shape. If he can't get himself fit enough to play then he only has himself to blame. Says a lot that even when Millen was suspended we gave a young centre half his professional debut at right back instead of playing McGowan.

3 hours ago, Coooombe said:

McGowan looked like he was towing a caravan v Rangers, looked miles out of shape. If he can't get himself fit enough to play then he only has himself to blame. Says a lot that even when Millen was suspended we gave a young centre half his professional debut at right back instead of playing McGowan.

I agree with you @Coooombe but I guess there are Kilmarnock FC standards and then there is McGowan family standards.....

I don't think there's a single person who thought that Millen would start the season ahead of McGowan - however as others have said Millen has put in better performances than McGowan thus far and it reflects very badly on him if he's spat the dummy so early in the season. If he wants to leave under a cloud then good luck to him elsewhere.

Fittest in the squad? Aye good one, it's no secret that during his playing career Andy Millen was one of the fittest players in the league and there's no doubt he'll have instilled that attitude in Ross, plus he's playing really well. 

As for having a go at Lord Dyer that's just mental the guys built a decent squad, has us playing some lovely football and he's the coolest guy in fitba. 

Cheerio AJ

Nicke Kabamba has revealed his pride after earning his first call up to the DR Congo international squad.

The striker, who has scored three goals for Killie this term, has been rewarded for his early season exploits with a call for October’s game against Morocco.

Nicke, who qualifies through family connections including his grandparents, expressed his joy at the news.

He said: “It’s every footballer’s dream to play international football and when you are growing up, you dream of moments like this. I’m really looking forward to the international break.

“Kilmarnock has given me a fantastic platform and I’ve been able to gel and play with the lads and I’m really enjoying my football since coming to the club.”

Nicke has proved to be a real fans’ favourite since arriving in Ayrshire in January, scoring seven goals in 11 appearances at home.

And he’s in great company with two fellow Congo internationals in the Rugby Park dressing room.

“I’ve been to Morocco on holiday and I’ve been meaning to visit my family in Congo. I just feel so honoured to have the opportunity to represent my country.

“I’ve spoken to Youssouf [Mulumbu] and Aaron [Tshibola] already and they’re so happy for me and have told me to go and enjoy it.”

• 2 weeks later...