The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

2 hours ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Pleased for Kiltie managing to get on the scoresheet in two of the friendlies, promising signs that this might be his season after the really bad injury. Thought he was playing quite well when he was recalled in January too

The back heel from Kabamba at the bye line into Kiltie's path for his goal today, as well as quick thinking, is a thing of beauty.

Edited by C4mmy31

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The back heel from Kabamba at the bye line into Kiltie's path for his goal today is a thing of beauty.

Wasn’t surprised to see Mark Connelly pummeling the floor absolutely raging with himself.

Don’t get me wrong I liked big Mark when he was here but he was too injury prone and also seemingly ready for a headsgone on the pitch at all times.

On a related note, do you know a centre half who I thought was really fantastic? The big Admiral Michael Nelson.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

On a related note, do you know a centre half who I thought was really fantastic? The big Admiral Michael Nelson.

According to Wiki he's a player/manager of Blyth Spartans, though i'm sure I read he announced his retirement from playing during lockdown.

Nicke Kabamba convinced Brandon Haunstrup that Kilmarnock represented the perfect setting to ignite his career. Although the left-back kept his impending arrival under wraps until it was assured of completion, he did contact Kabamba for his opinion.

And the striker, who scored four goals in 12 games after arriving from Hartlepool in January, delivered a ringing endorsement.

Haunstrup told The News: ‘Kilmarnock’s interest happened about two months ago and, although other clubs enquired, it was the main one for me.

‘Why not Scotland? It’s no different to any other club and, from what I have seen in the friendlies so far, the standard is high.

‘I’ve lived in Portsmouth my whole life, moving away and getting a fresh start was something I was keen on.

‘When I mentioned it to Nicke, he told me to get myself up there and that it’s a really good club, which I have also found since I’ve been here.

‘It’s great to see him again, he’s such a top bloke and has taken me under his wing. ‘He assured me I would enjoy being at Kilmarnock, which was really reassuring. ‘Nicke joined in January and has done well, chipping in with a fair few goals as well. He scored against Celtic – so he tells me!’

Kilmarnock, who finished eighth in the Scottish Premiership last season, start the 2020-21 campaign on Saturday (August 1) with a trip to Hibernian. At the weekend they completed their final friendly with a 1-1 draw at Dundee United, with Haunstrup featuring for the full 90 minutes as he pushes for the left-back spot.

Also on Killie’s books are former Rangers, Birmingham and Forest midfielder Chris Burke and ex-AFC Wimbledon man Mitch Pinnock.

The 23-year-old added: ‘I didn’t want to come to a club which wasn't ambitious – and Kilmarnock clearly want to do well. ‘The squad is not too big and not too small. It’s just right, with competition for every position, which you need

Watford changed their mind on Bachmann after relegation to the Championship.
Terrible news. Panic stations to try and find and sign a new first-choice goalie of a good calibre ahead of Saturday.