The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

On 29/01/2020 at 20:42, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Is Craig Slater just a total waster or something? Bizzare that he's ended up at that level of football after his initial promise.

I think he had quite a few injuries that may have hampered his career. 

Is Craig Slater just a total waster or something? Bizzare that he's ended up at that level of football after his initial promise.

I remember him greeting in the press about not getting a chance at St Mirren when he left. The two midfielders that were keeping him out the team were John McGinn and Kenny McLean.

Seems like we got that one right.

On 29/01/2020 at 15:42, YassinMoutaouakil said:

He had a really bad injury I think when he was down south and has never recovered from it.

Was always a very handy midfield player and recycled the ball well for us. Scored a couple of decent goals too. That was in a rotten Kilmarnock side though!

Just now, Blaze said:

You guys with the hard on for Mulumbu, are funny.

He only played 25 games and scored 2 goals.

What is the appeal?

He's basically a tackler, runner, and creator all in the one player. He's incredible at retaining the ball and winning free kicks, very good at pressing and tackling and also has a good eye for a pass. Also those 25 games were all post January in 2 separate seasons, one of which it took him a while to get up to speed, so he was pretty much every present for us while he was here. He's not an attacking midfielder which is why he doesn't score many goals, although he did score the winner against Celtic. 

5 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Cheers Coooombe, but you got to ask why he's been without a club for so long?

It's been said Celtic were still honouring the second year of his contract, rather than a severance deal when they released him, unless he found himself another club.

I can only speculate they came to an agreement to terminate completely this window.....