The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

We've just signed Dom Thomas on loan until the end of the season. I know he was highly rated by Dumbarton fans, and the reaction from Killie fans on Twitter suggests he's a decent player for the top flight?

On 08/01/2020 at 14:49, craigkillie said:

Apart from the goal against Hibs, he has contributed very little this season. A real disappointment. I think he was a bit overrated last season too, but thought he would kick on this time around. Sadly not.

I’ve also sensed a bit of an attitude issue with Liam this season. Plenty of games I’ve seen him throwing his hands up in the air as if it’s not good enough for him. Some of that possibly due to AA’s tactics.

Doubt he’ll make it at even Scottish Premiership level. Not as good as JJ (although less minutes I’m sure than Jones had) and if you compare him to someone like Ryan Kent who Liverpool were happy to let go he is nowhere near that level.

No issue with the boy and I hope he does well but I have my doubts.

34 minutes ago, smpar said:

We've just signed Dom Thomas on loan until the end of the season. I know he was highly rated by Dumbarton fans, and the reaction from Killie fans on Twitter suggests he's a decent player for the top flight?

Should do a job for you lot. He's had chances to make an impression on our first team but he's never kicked on and managed to force his way into the starting 11 regularly, he was mainly coming off the bench in most games.

Some fans rate him but I don't really see it, in my opinion he's not premiership quality. As you say though, Dumbarton fans were glowing in their praise for him last season and at championship level he should be decent. 

I'm beginning to get the feeling that this Kilmarnock season will end up summarised in a special thread by Simpsons SPFL.

Regardless of your opinion of him, there's absolutely no fucking way we should be loaning out Dom Thomas with the squad in the shape it's in.  This window already has echoes of the summer - the only upside is that those Welsh fucks are another six months closer to Brexit-led starvation.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that this Kilmarnock season will end up summarised in a special thread by Simpsons SPFL.
Regardless of your opinion of him, there's absolutely no fucking way we should be loaning out Dom Thomas with the squad in the shape it's in.  This window already has echoes of the summer - the only upside is that those Welsh fucks are another six months closer to Brexit-led starvation.
This is surely dependent on the business we do in the next week. If we're shipping them all out and not signing anyone it's a terrible idea, but if we're doing any sort of decent business then it's likely to be an upgrade on Thomas.

The only player I have heard us linked with is Harry Bunn. So with Liam Millar and DT leaving the squad in the last couple of days, I can only assume that another winger and striker must be heading in shortly. 

21 minutes ago, McGarci said:

who do you thing is better, kiltie, frizzell or dom thomas?

Kiltie showed so much more potential. He was probably our best player in the run in to the Falkirk Play-off season. 

He was influential in keeping us up that season.

The other 2 have never been first team regulars. 

If Kiltie can somehow recover the form shown that season then he is by far the best player. 

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:
4 hours ago, Estragon said:

This is surely dependent on the business we do in the next week. If we're shipping them all out and not signing anyone it's a terrible idea, but if we're doing any sort of decent business then it's likely to be an upgrade on Thomas.

Way too big an "If", I've seen nothing that suggests we're going to recruit effectively in this window. 11 days from our next league game, and we have a single trialist, and a returning loan player.

We panicked on deadline day last time and bought three turkeys, it's madness not to schedule the departures conservatively this time round. I'm sure Thomas could have gone to DAFC once - and only once - we had the kind of signings you're speculating about,  actually in the building. 

7 hours ago, McGarci said:

who do you thing is better, kiltie, frizzell or dom thomas?

Kiltie is better than Thomas and Frizzell by an absolute country mile. 

Thomas has a good left foot but goes missing when he starts games. He’s a decent bench option but that’s it, imo the championship is his level. 

Frizzell is lower end of championship/league 1 standard. 

I really hope we have at least 2 or 3 signings in before end of the week, it's utter madness loaning players out unless we're absolutely sure that we have replacements secured. We needed a few bodies before this window opened, as it stands, that's four out, one in..... 

I agree that Thomas wasn't ever going to be a regular starter, but he at least gave us option off the bench, as did Sow and Jackson.  Surely this window can't be as disappointing as the summer one was. 

Just now, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Read a few days back that Oxford were going to pay 1 million for Cadden from Columbus Crew? Or are they unable to get him back

No idea, but he was in the papers today talking about being excited to make his MLS debut at long last.

Guest Moomintroll
Have Killie actually got any new signings lined up. Players are leaving left right and centre but not a peep of anyone coming in. It’s getting beyond a joke now.
My time machine! It works! It's last August!

15 minutes ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Read a few days back that Oxford were going to pay 1 million for Cadden from Columbus Crew? Or are they unable to get him back

I think that particular report kind of got the wrong end of the stick from the comments the other week from Oxford's complete oddball of a manager:

He said: “If he wants to come and sign for us in the next ten days we will sign Chris Cadden.

“The chairman is willing to pay a lot of money for a right back at this level that other teams wouldn’t pay.

“The salary would be fine, the fans love him, the player loves being here.

“They know what our top figure is.

“It’s absolutely crazy. Let’s just get the deal done.”

Robinson though has questioned the advice Cadden has received and feels moving across the Atlantic at this stage in his career is the wrong move.

He said: “At 23 and going to play in MLS, I don’t get it.

“Bow (Charlton boss Lee Bowyer) got criticised for Joe Aribo going to Glasgow Rangers, but I think this is ten times worse.

“Chris Cadden is a top Championship right back and will grow with this club.

“You don’t know where his end game is, he’s still really young.

“Maybe I’m being harsh, but it’s only because I care for the boy.”

He added: “At no stage do I want anyone to think this is Chris Cadden, because he’s openly said he’d love to stay here.”

Link

Thing is he's saying that Cadden is a "top Championship right back" (up for debate) but he's not willing (able) to pay what top Championship right backs cost. Cadden's not an Oxford player, Columbus Crew did them a favour and loaned him for 6 months now their manager is chucking his toys out the pram because apparently Columbus want £1m for him.

Edited by capt_oats