The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've seemingly made a move to get Bachmann on loan again.

I thought your current keeper looked decent yesterday, that save from Andreu was fantastic. Definitely would have thought there were other parts of the team in more urgent need of attention.

Seems like there's no thought for next season with it though. We only have three senior players contracted beyond the end of this season, so there'll be a big rebuilding job for whoever is still there come that time, unless there'll be any players signing extensions regardless but that seems unlikely for quite a few of them. 

You are correct. It is short termism, going by StMirren in the last few seasons. With players like O'Donnell or Brophy (not sure of his contract situation) you could potentially sell them in January to re invest in the squad.

You've got the core of a good team that has served well over the last couple of years, no need for 11 in and 11 out type of scenario in January at least. Contract situations and potential summer signings won't be sorted out until safety is guaranteed.

I don't even think they have bothered to consider other options.   As you say a very lazy appointment and one I find baffling and totally uninspiring.  Unless he suddenly gets an injection of enthusiasm I fear for us.  
Bring on the relegation battle!!

A few weeks to get his ideas across, work with the squad, re-group and maybe get a couple of new faces in.

After our situation with Tommy Craig jumping into the manager seat after being a number 2 for so long, it makes me feel uncomfortable seeing other clubs do it. On the flip side of that it worked with Tommy Wright.

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

On the flip side of that it worked with Tommy Wright.

Tommy Wright had already taken a relative minnow to domestic success, including a cup win, before he took charge of St Johnstone. He had something like 250 games as a manager in NI before becoming assistant to Lomas. He managed clubs from 2003-2011, was only an assistant for around 18 months, then became a manager again.

He seemingly only joined us as assistant because he and Lomas were already friends and it was an entry into full time football.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Guest Moomintroll
Where is it saying that? Excellent news if true
Being reported heavily in papers down here in England, I for one welcome our new Austrian shotstopping overlord.

Guest Moomintroll
It's very welcome news if true but it's the other end of the park we need to strengthen. 
Swap Bachmann in for Branescu, use the wages freed up by getting rid of Jackson, Sow & hopefully St Clair to sign a couple of strikers who can actually strike & all will be well in the World.

Guest Moomintroll
You know that's not true. Nothing will ever be well in our world. Goal scoring geniuses who sign contracts with dysfunctional mid to lower table Scottish diddies are, I would humbly submit, thin on the ground. 
We somehow got Laksi & Coulibaby, something will turn up, it has too, right? I'm scared wub.

Guest Moomintroll
I’d take mcaleny back. Don’t think he started many games but he definitely did contribute a couple of goals last time and had composure in front of goal that brophy often completely lacks.
Spoke to him before the Rangers game last season & he wanted to come back up but thought Joey Barton would block it. Agree that he would be one of the 2 we need up front to turn it around.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
5 minutes ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:
I’d take mcaleny back. Don’t think he started many games but he definitely did contribute a couple of goals last time and had composure in front of goal that brophy often completely lacks.

Spoke to him before the Rangers game last season & he wanted to come back up but thought Joey Barton would block it. Agree that he would be one of the 2 we need up front to turn it around.

Just checked earlier, seems to be getting a little more game time at Fleetwood than last year but it’s minutes here and there from coming off the bench, doesn’t seem like he’s started a league game at all. Worth enquiring about anyhow