The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
9 hours ago, Estragon said:
God what a miserable season. 

It feels that way, just remember the previous miseries we have endured, 1 or 2 people who can actually score a goal in the January transfer window & it will all be good. This could go either way.

How much longer are you going to keep saying this?

Guest Moomintroll
How much longer are you going to keep saying this?
I will shut up if we don't employ forwards who can actually score a goal in January, we are utter dugmeat right now but we have been worse in the top league over the last 25 years & I still bear the scars of the Fleetings v John Kerr takeover battle. This is a recoverable issue but if we don't jettison Sow & St Clair in January & bring in , well anyone really, then I am losing the plot. We can all see exactly where our problems lie, BB and the rest of the board better sort it.

Dyer confirmed till the end of the season.
What a shambles. I'll obviously back him but the whole saga just stinks of desperation, with no inkling of forward planning of any kind. 
I wouldn't say it's a desperate appointment, it appears to be a lazy one though, looking in from the outside. The results and performances haven't installed any confidence in him, no bounce since sacking the manager.

Maybe the applicants weren't up to much and they've thought it would be too risky to bring in someone like Hughes or Neil McCann (don't know if they applied but they are the usual suspects mentioned) and thought better the devil you know.

Shite fall from grace for Killie after such highs, but selfishly the more teams in the relegation mix the better for us. Plenty of time left though and the winter break has came at the right time for you's.

10 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I wouldn't say it's a desperate appointment, it appears to be a lazy one though, looking in from the outside. The results and performances haven't installed any confidence in him, no bounce since sacking the manager.

Maybe the applicants weren't up to much and they've thought it would be too risky to bring in someone like Hughes or Neil McCann (don't know if they applied but they are the usual suspects mentioned) and thought better the devil you know.

Shite fall from grace for Killie after such highs, but selfishly the more teams in the relegation mix the better for us. Plenty of time left though and the winter break has came at the right time for you's.

Seems like there's no thought for next season with it though. We only have three senior players contracted beyond the end of this season, so there'll be a big rebuilding job for whoever is still there come that time, unless there'll be any players signing extensions regardless but that seems unlikely for quite a few of them. 

32 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I don't even think they have bothered to consider other options.   As you say a very lazy appointment and one I find baffling and totally uninspiring.  Unless he suddenly gets an injection of enthusiasm I fear for us.  

Bring on the relegation battle!!

Have to say that Dyer comes across as a thoroughly nice guy in interviews.

Is being nice good enough for that job ?

Undoubtedly not, but I wish him all the very best (apart from against us obviously)

If a little bit of Clarke's ways have rubbed off on him then he night just make a go of it.

5 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I don't even think they have bothered to consider other options.   As you say a very lazy appointment and one I find baffling and totally uninspiring.  Unless he suddenly gets an injection of enthusiasm I fear for us.  

Bring on the relegation battle!!

Clearly he has or had a semblance of goodwill as a result of the Clarke era but I would be underwhelmed by this appointment were I a Killie fan. How does 3 defeats out of 3 display that he has what it takes to turn this around. Good luck to the guy. Seems nice enough.

It was obvious when Alessio was ousted by "player power" that the assistant who'd been there longer, and was best mates with the players, would be coming in.

Suspect he'll work under the assumption he just has to copy what Clarke was doing and itll bring similar results. Unconvinced that's a good plan.

Another club who could go either way depending on their transfer business.