The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, blackislekillie said:

I hope he has done something completley mental tbh. Like suggest a change in diet, habits, training methods and professionalism. Fucking player power? At Killie? c***s could hardly kick a ball until Clarke and Dyer got hold of them. Hope the door hitting their arses on the way out causes a career ending injury. 

I've seen a lot of hysteria along these lines, but I don't really get it. There was absolutely no shortage of professionalism from the same group of players under Clarke, and they were clearly very willing to embrace his methods, so it's a bit of a stretch to say that the resistance to Alessio is anything to do with that.

And while the players didn't seem to get on with him, that didn't seem to transfer into performances on the park - they scrapped and battled for everything as they always have.

12 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Sounds like you missed the game at Almondvale Craig. 

Or the first half of Hibs away.

We never turned up for either.

I was at the game at Almondvale, but I thought it was just a shit performance rather than a lack of effort. We lost there under Clarke in February under similar circumstances.

33 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Quite a clear difference in both games IMO. In the 1-0 reverse we struck the woodwork a few times (twice in one shot if I recall!) and were essentially camped in their half.

Just so I’m clear:

Under Clarke we can lose a game and the players (a better squad than we have today) are ok.

Under Alessio we lose a game and it’s all completely the players fault?

And that is your defence of AA? 

It seems you are a bit muddled in your point. 

I personally thought AA did a good job after a disastrous start of course.  I’ve heard all the the rumours about player discontent all season and it seems that people are assuming that’s the issue and  piling onto the players.  I think there has been some fallout between AA and the board (possibly starting with the Bruce incident) that has escalated into him having to leave. Nothing to base it on but that’s just my feeling.

A lot of people lacking confidence in the board to get the new manager sorted out but I was thinking today that they’ve had a success rate of 1 in 5 (possibly 2 in 5 if you only take Allessios league position as a measure) and I’m not sure any team in the league other than Celtic have had many successful appointments either out of their last 5.

Can't make much sense of this at all. If there was a bust up between AA and Alex Bruce it should Bruce being punted, imo. Is Bruce pals with Dyer? 

Maybe Allesio felt best to walk away. As mooted maybe the board weren't backing his plans for January?

Form hasn't been great but outwith the Clarke era probably better than any of the other incumbents over the last 5 or 6 years.

Strange decision on the face of things...

Unless he was dishing out panetonne as Christmas gifts...

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Oh wait, there's a Keef Jacksun exclusive...

Italian sacked for speaking Italian...

Always love his articles, where a "high up source at the club" speaks utter fucking pish which ties in with a point Jackson is wanting to make.

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The notion that this was the main reason for him being sacked is nonsense. It may be one of the contributing factors to him not getting on with the players, but it was far from the only one.

The article talks about a fundamental issue between the players and him. That there's a lack of respect, couldn't take to his methods etc, yet decides to focus on an incident where they spoke Italian to each other as if that's the smoking gun.

It's just drivel journalism as always.

The article talks about a fundamental issue between the players and him. That there's a lack of respect, couldn't take to his methods etc, yet decides to focus on an incident where they spoke Italian to each other as if that's the smoking gun.
It's just drivel journalism as always.

It’s a bit like the “alarming incident” which lead to Alex McLeish getting sacked. Entirely speculative, never proven, and downright shoddy journalism.