The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

There is definitely something going on in the background with the players, because this is definitely not a decision based on results. You can't argue that they haven't given their all on the pitch, but there is obviously some amount of truth about what is going on off the pitch in terms of his relationship with them. It has been a shambolic six months for the club off the park in general, which has somewhat been masked by the fairly decent results on it.

In general, I think this is very sad - Alessio was very likeable and I think everyone wanted him to do well, and even though there were some nagging doubts for most of us, I'd say people wanted him to be given time. Recruitment was the biggest issue, and the arrival of Fowler seemed to have solved that, but maybe there was friction surrounding all that too.

Just now, Big Fifer said:

Gary Caldwell is definitely more suited to a huge club like Kilmarnock rather than your nonsensical Partick Thistles. That seems like the safest appointment at this stage. 

You must really have it in for Killie. 

It's a strange one, as he wasn't doing particularly badly and was an ambitious appointment in the first place. An unknown quantity as a manager - but a very well respected coach with a lot of experience at the top level.

Apparently he was a bit of a disciplinarian and was very strict, which upset a few of the senior players. Surely that's not enough to have got him the bullet though? 

10 minutes ago, Enigma said:

All nicely set up for Gary Locke’s return.

8 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Gary Caldwell is definitely more suited to a huge club like Kilmarnock rather than your nonsensical Partick Thistles. That seems like the safest appointment at this stage. 

As long as it isn't Gary Holt.:eek:

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I get the impression the Killie board have bought into the same hype that their fans on here did, wildly out proportion expectations and delusions about the size of the club.

I blame Dindy for kickstarting this.

An ironic joke about Kilmarnock's standing in Scottish football has got out of hand and has now cost a man his job.

Hope he can sleep at night.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I get the impression the Killie board have bought into the same hype that their fans on here did, wildly out proportion expectations and delusions about the size of the club.

Don't kid yourself on.  We're massive.  Box office, if you will.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

As long as it isn't Gary Holt.:eek:

In all seriousness I imagine Holt would jump at the chance.

Strange and disappointing decision on Alessio. Inherited a thin squad and was without his best defender for two months and we're still 5th with the best defensive record outside the OF.