The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Probably a really random question from an Ayr fan but I was at my mates last night and he had yesterday’s programme lying around and I saw the team poster in it. What happened to that GK lad that came on v Rangers in the last game of the season? There was 3 gk in the pic but he wasn’t one of them

Curtis Lyle? He's one of our youth goalies, plays a lot in the reserves. He came on as a sub that day as Dan Bachmann missed the game through injury so Jamie MacDonald started and was subbed off for Lyle. Interestingly in that game Wes Foderingham started for Rangers but was replaced by Andy Firth, probably the only game I can remember being at where both goalies were subbed off due to injury. 

3 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Curtis Lyle? He's one of our youth goalies, plays a lot in the reserves. He came on as a sub that day as Dan Bachmann missed the game through injury so Jamie MacDonald started and was subbed off for Lyle. Interestingly in that game Wes Foderingham started for Rangers but was replaced by Andy Firth, probably the only game I can remember being at where both goalies were subbed off due to injury. 

It was Devlin McKay who came on as a substitute.   He has been injured now for some time. 

10 hours ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

I've messaged the page on facebook but it hasn't been seen and tried to join the website but have been awaiting validation on account for about 2 weeks, not sure what is going on there!

As it is to raise funds for a youth team anything would be helpful towards club funds. We weren't expecting it to fetch a high price but anything is better than it going to waste if anyone here would like to bid on it.

Check your spam folder. A lot of verification emails end up there, or email baz at killiefc dot com

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Probably a really random question from an Ayr fan but I was at my mates last night and he had yesterday’s programme lying around and I saw the team poster in it. What happened to that GK lad that came on v Rangers in the last game of the season? There was 3 gk in the pic but he wasn’t one of them

When are you going to take the plunge and move over to our side full time?  You're in here more than a lot of avowed Kilmarnock supporters.

'Mon over, you'll like it :)

39 minutes ago, Estragon said:

When are you going to take the plunge and move over to our side full time?  You're in here more than a lot of avowed Kilmarnock supporters.

'Mon over, you'll like it :)

😂 😂

Tbh I’ve never “got” the whole Killie hatred. I like to see the Ayrshire senior teams do well. I’ve tagged long with my mate a few times to your games with his Dad’s season ticket and enjoyed watching from a neutral perspective, especially the game I was at this season (to see if the Alessio press bashing was justified). Still it’s  nice to get one over on yous when we meet you in cup competitions 😉

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

😂 😂

Tbh I’ve never “got” the whole Killie hatred. I like to see the Ayrshire senior teams do well. I’ve tagged long with my mate a few times to your games with his Dad’s season ticket and enjoyed watching from a neutral perspective, especially the game I was at this season (to see if the Alessio press bashing was justified). Still it’s  nice to get one over on yous when we meet you in cup competitions 😉

This is exactly my feelings on the issue as well.  I join in with the pageantry during the cup games, and as you say love getting one over yous (when it actually happens) - but really the only team I want to beat Ayr United is Kilmarnock.

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

This is exactly my feelings on the issue as well.  I join in with the pageantry during the cup games, and as you say love getting one over yous (when it actually happens) - but really the only team I want to beat Ayr United is Kilmarnock.

That’s it, who doesn’t enjoy cup games v our closest neighbours! Most of my mates are killie supporters so I hear a lot about the team because of them, plus my partner works at Rugby Park 😂 

Even as a youngster I never got caught up in the hate. Thankfully! 

20 minutes ago, Fredd said:

Hello new friends my name is Fred. I had to take the user name Fredd as Fred unfortunately was already taken.

I would love to say I’m named after my hero Frederic Dindeleux but I was born before he played for Kilmarnock. This is a common mistake so I have selected him as my profile picture to ensure my fandom is visible to all.

Were you named after a different Fred? Astaire, Dibnah, West, Davis? 

Guest Moomintroll
Hello new friends my name is Fred. I had to take the user name Fredd as Fred unfortunately was already taken.
I would love to say I’m named after my hero Frederic Dindeleux but I was born before he played for Kilmarnock. This is a common mistake so I have selected him as my profile picture to ensure my fandom is visible to all.
Hi Fredd, welcome to the Forum.

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That’s it, who doesn’t enjoy cup games v our closest neighbours! Most of my mates are killie supporters so I hear a lot about the team because of them, plus my partner works at Rugby Park 😂 

Even as a youngster I never got caught up in the hate. Thankfully! 

Traitor 

Guest Moomintroll
"Welcome back", Shirley?
I believe that this is an entirely new poster & any reference to a poster who also liked that particular player is coincidental.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moomintroll
Big Stu out until after the winter break. 
Shite. 
That's a major blow, hope Alex Bruce can stay fit for a run of games as losing Dicker from the midfield totally upsets our game plan.