The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

3 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Sowah is one of the worst players I've ever seen at Hearts, and I've seen Kenny Milne.

I clicked on this thread and people were talking about a left back but nobody had mentioned his name. Tried racking my brains for which awful left back it could be but Lenny fucking Sowah has exceeded my expectations.

We did however sign guys like O'Donnell, Power and Jones early in a transfer window. Just because there are good players available later in the year doesn't mean you are forced to operate with a shoestring squad for Europe and then the opening league games of the season. The end of the window should be for augmenting your squad, not bringing in 8 or 9 players.

I think the fact you’re new to Europe again or at least were is showing. We were the exact same when we first made it, you need your business done early doors and forward plan. Obviously not helped by your lack of manager, as I’ve no doubt that Steve Clarke had a list of players who he had identified.

It’s a learning curve for sure. But I found Europe a major hinderance at the start of the season in terms of getting a squad together and players fit and up to speed. As fans it’s brilliant, as a team entering in the first round it must be a nightmare.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

I think the fact you’re new to Europe again or at least were is showing. We were the exact same when we first made it, you need your business done early doors and forward plan. Obviously not helped by your lack of manager, as I’ve no doubt that Steve Clarke had a list of players who he had identified.

It’s a learning curve for sure. But I found Europe a major hinderance at the start of the season in terms of getting a squad together and players fit and up to speed. As fans it’s brilliant, as a team entering in the first round it must be a nightmare.

Sure, but we only started in Europe two days before the League Cup group stage started.

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Sure, but we only started in Europe two days before the League Cup group stage started.

Exactly - everyone needs to reset their "start of the season" clock by about 3 weeks from where it was traditionally. Regardless if you're Celtic or the latest yo-yo club to join the league, you'll be playing real games in mid-july and that's not changing.

Angelo Alessio is hoping to get signings over the line this week.

He admits it has been hard to get deals over the line “for different reasons”, but he hopes to gets players to put pen to paper in the coming days.

Juventus goalkeeper Laurentiu Branescu (loan), Mohamed El Makrini and Alex Bruce were the first three signings for Alessio, and he hopes to get more players through the Rugby Park doors in the next few days.

Speaking exclusively to the Kilmarnock Standard , he said: “At the moment we are having a lot of conversations with players.

“I am hoping that we can conclude some deals in the coming days.

“It is difficult to find the players for many reasons, but we are confident that we will bring in players soon.”

Alessio faces a tough job replacing departing players such as Liam Millar, Youssouf Mulumbu and Jordan Jones, but he has a good idea of which positions he needs to make a priority.

He said: “Our focus is on bringing in a striker, a winger and maybe more.

“As I say we are having lots of conversations with players, but for now nothing is concluded, yet.”

The silence is deafening, even the off field stuff has dropped off, i ordered the new kit 3 weeks ago, i called them today to get an update as they aren't replying via email and they picked up the phone and hung up before i could say hello.
I'm starting to think that SSC was some kind of wizard.

Guest Moomintroll
We're really going into the first game of the new season with no forwards or attacking players signing, aren't we?
I wouldn't put it past us to sell Brophy on Saturday tbh.

I don't think I've been this deflated ahead of a new season for a long time.  Any momentum gained by AA's appointment has long since gone.

3 days from playing Rangers in the league opener and we have one recognised striker. 

1 hour ago, Fide said:

I don't think I've been this deflated ahead of a new season for a long time.  Any momentum gained by AA's appointment has long since gone.

3 days from playing Rangers in the league opener and we have one recognised striker. 

They have wrecked this summer.