The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

4 minutes ago, Fide said:

ETA:  Kilmarnock are eyeing a move for German left-back Lennard Sowah, the 26-year-old who also had a spell with Hearts having been released at the end of his second spell with Hamilton Academical. (Daily Record)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49161696

A left back?  Fucking REALLY?

Not just a left back, but a shite left back at that. I remember Accies fans being less than complimentary about him. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I actually want you guys to recover but after the long wait for signings and for Sowah to pop up I just spat my coffee out :lol:

Just now, Dee Man said:

Not just a left back, but a shite left back at that. I remember Accies fans being less than complimentary about him. 

Aye, it's less than overwhelming.  The league season starts in a few days.  We're screaming out for creative/ attacking players and we're being linked with shitey ex Accies left backs.

f**k.

Me.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Taylor and Waters have us well covered for that position, it's probably the last place we need to strengthen - aside from defensive midfield maybe, which is where his last fucking signing plays.

There's rumours that St Mirren are going to sign Waters.

Guest Moomintroll
41 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I’m worried about the juggernaut this year to be honest.

This years version of the juggernaut, imo. I really hope they are just testing us before unleashing all the happy.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Guest Moomintroll
Kilmarnock are 50/1 to finish bottom. If AA gets given to January would you bet against it?
We will not be anywhere near that bad as there is still plenty in the budget from here on in ( as long as we maybe, I don't know, spend it on some attacking & creative players rather than shite Accies cast offs who play LB), but right now I would rip your hand off for 7th place.

What I find weird is that (given the "nae signings!" chat on here is the same as both Saints threads) - why are clubs not getting their squads more-or-less finalised earlier*? Everyone knows that regardless of being in Europe or the Betfred that competitive football starts in mid-July - which has been the case for a few seasons now.

It's fine hanging around to pick up English loans or a deadline day special to finish things off - but it seems crazy to be going in to the season still looking for lots of players - and it seems worse than usual this year.

*as other diddies are fishing in the same pond as 'Well, I'm more than happy for them to wait until August - but I can't understand it...

1 minute ago, Swello said:

What I find weird is that (given the "nae signings!" chat on here is the same as both Saints threads) - why are clubs not getting their squads more-or-less finalised earlier*? Everyone knows that regardless of being in Europe or the Betfred that competitive football starts in mid-July - which has been the case for a few seasons now.

It's fine hanging around to pick up English loans or a deadline day special to finish things off - but it seems crazy to be going in to the season still looking for lots of players - and it seems worse than usual this year.

*as other diddies are fishing in the same pond as 'Well, I'm more than happy for them to wait until August - but I can't understand it...

Simple, most clubs fishing in our pool can pick up better quality late in the window.

Once players weigh up offers, or not in some cases,  and bigger clubs decide who will be loaned out later in the window once they finalise their squads.

No way Killie would have been able to sign guys the like of Stewart, Bachmann or Mulumbu early in a transfer window.......

We did however sign guys like O'Donnell, Power and Jones early in a transfer window. Just because there are good players available later in the year doesn't mean you are forced to operate with a shoestring squad for Europe and then the opening league games of the season. The end of the window should be for augmenting your squad, not bringing in 8 or 9 players.

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Simple, most clubs fishing in our pool can pick up better quality late in the window.

Once players weigh up offers, or not in some cases,  and bigger clubs decide who will be loaned out later in the window once they finalise their squads.

No way Killie would have been able to sign guys the like of Stewart, Bachmann or Mulumbu early in a transfer window.......

As I said, it's fine to wait for some quality later in the window - but surely the core should be in place by the time the friendlies are over? There is obviously risk involved anyway (we had all our signings early last season and lots of them were shite) - but by starting the real games under-strength, you're adding additional risk, not lessening it.