The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

8 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Only one club stupid enough to give those two a managerial gig and it aint Ayrshires finest

3 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

But he will get a interview and from there you dont know

Say what you want about him he has the gift off the gab

And is a ex player both off them that knows the club and the area

But there not from Ayrshire so even if he took it you would try and drum him out before a baw was kicked

He won't

He hasn't

They don't

*They're ffs

1 minute ago, stevieKTID said:

He won't

He hasn't

They don't

*They're ffs

How do you know he has not had a interview?

Did he not put his hat in the ring for it?

So your saying your board would not have the curtisy to give him a interview?

If you are that is poor form on your part and a pretty showdy way to treat a ex player

6 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

How do you know he has not had a interview?

Did he not put his hat in the ring for it?

So your saying your board would not have the curtisy to give him a interview?

If you are that is poor form on your part and a pretty showdy way to treat a ex player

32 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The amount of exposure we've been getting on SSN and other MSM, especially over the last 24-48 hrs, will be attracting manager CV's from all over Europe, In amongst them will be people we could only have dreamt of applying for the job back in 2017......

Having said that, it depends on how ambitious Bowie, Phyllis & Cathy are to build on the legacy SC has left behind.

That is a perfectly valid point in my opinion ;)

Tough act to follow though.

4 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

In all seriousness, is Dyer an option?

Will Dyer not follow Clark to Scotland as his assistant as would imagine Clark has insisted on full control and veto over all appointments within the coaching team, not to mention that all McLeish's haddies were punted with him :lol:

1 minute ago, naegoodinthedark said:

In all seriousness, is Dyer an option?

I would believe that he is and personally I would be ok with that although not delighted.  Purely down to the fact he would be a first-time manager and the goodwill built up by anyone at a football club (or company if thats your mindset) can quickly be forgotten when times get bad.  Its worth remembering that some Kilmarnock fans were doubting SSC transfer policy last summer when we started off with that penalty defeat to St Mirren.  Not many but there were a few.  If Dyer takes over and its a dire (see what I did there) start to the season people will quickly get on his back.

Personally, and I have no idea if its a possibility or if he has even been mentioned, I would like Gordon Strachan.  Recent comments aside I think he would be absolutely perfect to continue what SSC has started.

I see Neil Lennon's name being mentioned but I think that would completely split the support which is exactly what we don't need right now.  I think Lennon is a reasonable manager but not worth the baggage.  McCoist is a definite no for me.   Gary Holt is of course a Killie diehard and has done ok with Livingston but I don't think he would be the correct choice.  Holt though would certainly ensure the fans stayed behind him though.

6 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Heard that Moyes was offered the job on Friday. He was interested but was hoping to get the Brighton job.

That would be absolutely mental and well above my expectations.  Of course Moyes has had a difficult time of it since taking the Man Utd job but that would still be a sensational appointment.  

Will Dyer not follow Clark to Scotland as his assistant as would imagine Clark has insisted on full control and veto over all appointments within the coaching team, not to mention that all McLeish's haddies were punted with him [emoji38]

The Scotland assistant manager job tends to be a part-time role, so he could still be involved at Killie in some capacity even if Clarke took him to Hampden.

20 hours ago, killie_lad said:

What a season, 0 wins in 4 against us, losing the league by 9 points having dropped 10 against us, no wonder they're fucking obsessed

Now that its all over, SSC league record against the two Glasgow clubs/companies was:

Celtic 1-1 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 1-0 Celtic

Celtic 0-0 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 2-1 Celtic

Celtic 5-1 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 0-1 Celtic

Celtic 1-0 Kilmarnock

Wins  2, losses 3, draws 2.  GF: 5 GA: 9

Sevco 1-1 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 2-1 Sevco

Sevco 0-1 Kilmarnock

Sevco 1-0 Kilmarnock

Sevco 1-1 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 2-1 Sevco

Sevco 1-1 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 2-1 Sevco

Wins 4, losses 1, Draws 3.  GF: 11, GA: 7

6 wins in just over a year and a half against those sides.  If you include the old Rangers then the total time taken for the previous 6  league wins against the Old Firm was:

October 2012 Celtic 0-2 Kilmarnock

February 2012 - Rangers 0-1 Kilmarnock

November 2011 Kilmarnock 1-0 Rangers

January 2010 Kilmarnock 1-0 Celtic

May 2007 Rangers 0-1 Kilmarnock

May 2001 Kilmarnock 1-0 Celtic

1 hour ago, Fide said:

We CANNOT go back to the usual Scottish merry go round of shite managers.  The foundations have been laid.  Time to build on them.

Yes, you need to get someone who doesn't play 'names' but plays teams (code; doesn't shite it against Celtic and Sevco and sees them what for they are) and who won't sign a load of his mates and/or some of the usual dross who bounce around teams.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

That would be absolutely mental and well above my expectations.  Of course Moyes has had a difficult time of it since taking the Man Utd job but that would still be a sensational appointment.  

i also think it would be the best appointment.

7 minutes ago, killieboyd said:

Me too, great day yesterday, when I was driving up, I had this feeling that we would win.

Who would have thought when we met in Melbourne what the next 20 months would be like?

He hadn't even been appointed at that time as it was the day before McCulloch's last game.