The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

21 hours ago, bennett said:

Yeah, buying a ticket for home end will be impossible.

That's not really the point though, is it? It's not "impossible" to buy a ticket for any football match in the world - if someone wants it badly enough they'll get in. If I suddenly had a cerebral hemorrhage and decided that I wanted to sit in the Rangers end against Aberdeen then I'm pretty sure I could get a ticket without too much bother.

This is a great decision from the club, but it needs to be followed up and acted upon properly to make it as difficult as possible for Rangers and Celtic fans to get home end tickets for more meaningful games going forward. Make sales limited to either a season ticket holder, with a warning of your season ticket being taken away if you're caught buying for an OF fan. If you don't have a ST holder to buy a ticket with, then you have to join a ticket membership scheme with a fee of £22 that can be used for a ticket against a non-OF side later in the season. 

A robust stewarding policy should be put in place too. Plenty of warnings beforehand that anyone suspected of being in the home end and supporting the visiting team will be ejected immediately. First sign of that (celebrating, wearing colours etc) and they're not only ejected but down nearly fifty quid for their trouble. 

Nothing will stop some OF fans getting into the home ends, but making it as difficult (financially as well as logistically) for them is the only way to go. 

PS I'd advocate for an even stricter policy. As soon as a club (lets be honest, it'll only effect two) has any level of misbehaviour at Rugby Park then away tickets are limited to affiliated supporters groups only for a minimum of two seasons. Those fans are then bused in and dropped at the ground, kept in for half an hour at full-time to allow home fans to leave safely, and then bused straight back out again. 

If the two seasons go without any trouble, then ticket sales are allowed to be opened up to general sale again. Any trouble though, and an extra season is added to the ban. 

That'll soon see right minded supporters keeping others in line.

26 minutes ago, BoydiesBelly said:

PS I'd advocate for an even stricter policy. As soon as a club (lets be honest, it'll only effect two) has any level of misbehaviour at Rugby Park then away tickets are limited to affiliated supporters groups only for a minimum of two seasons. Those fans are then bused in and dropped at the ground, kept in for half an hour at full-time to allow home fans to leave safely, and then bused straight back out again. 

If the two seasons go without any trouble, then ticket sales are allowed to be opened up to general sale again. Any trouble though, and an extra season is added to the ban. 

That'll soon see right minded supporters keeping others in line.

Fans of 9 of the clubs maybe.

1 hour ago, BoydiesBelly said:

That's not really the point though, is it? It's not "impossible" to buy a ticket for any football match in the world - if someone wants it badly enough they'll get in. If I suddenly had a cerebral hemorrhage and decided that I wanted to sit in the Rangers end against Aberdeen then I'm pretty sure I could get a ticket without too much bother.

This is a great decision from the club, but it needs to be followed up and acted upon properly to make it as difficult as possible for Rangers and Celtic fans to get home end tickets for more meaningful games going forward. Make sales limited to either a season ticket holder, with a warning of your season ticket being taken away if you're caught buying for an OF fan. If you don't have a ST holder to buy a ticket with, then you have to join a ticket membership scheme with a fee of £22 that can be used for a ticket against a non-OF side later in the season

A robust stewarding policy should be put in place too. Plenty of warnings beforehand that anyone suspected of being in the home end and supporting the visiting team will be ejected immediately. First sign of that (celebrating, wearing colours etc) and they're not only ejected but down nearly fifty quid for their trouble. 

Nothing will stop some OF fans getting into the home ends, but making it as difficult (financially as well as logistically) for them is the only way to go. 

Kilmarnock are trying to attract fans mate, not make it harder  for fans to go rugby park. Your idea will drive away fans/families with lower budgets, not what a 'family club' should be aiming for.

Killie have done this before and all that happens is that bears go in with the home fans, who needs segregation....

I've watched Rangers games at rugby park for years now, it's never been an issue getting a ticket. Just like it won't be to get a ticket for this one.

Kilmarnock are trying to attract fans mate, not make it harder  for fans to go rugby park. Your idea will drive away fans/families with lower budgets, not what a 'family club' should be aiming for.
Killie have done this before and all that happens is that bears go in with the home fans, who needs segregation....
I've watched Rangers games at rugby park for years now, it's never been an issue getting a ticket. Just like it won't be to get a ticket for this one.

No you havent you lying c**t

I don't think there was ever a chance of the rangers selling out both stands for this game anyway.

Last game with nothing at stake unless they completely implode and Killie mount a late challenge for second.

One stand will probably be plenty for their peepul, if others choose to sit in the Killie end I am sure they will do so quietly and on their best behavior.

Without the anonimity of the mob the fans of the mould firm usualy manage to behave themselves, those that don't will thanked for their financial donation and promptly ejected. 

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

^^^ Worried because he doesn't have that extra £22 IMO.

However, how exactly is making families (or fans in general) be outnumbered pre and post match and often intimidated by scummy behaviour something to be aimed for? That will drive families with young kids away more. All you have to do is look at our home attendances against the Old Firm teams to tell you that. The whole matchday experience as it currently is puts plenty off - I mean, its the only explanation because it certainly can't be because of our chances of picking up a result...

If it's a Killie fan who wants a ticket, the chances are they'll know a season ticket holder anyway. If they don't, then it's a simple solution as said fan is 99.9% likely to be attending at least one other game that season so wouldn't be out of pocket at all. The only people that it would hurt in the pocket is Rangers or Celtic fans that couldn't get one of the 4000 tickets available to them - which is btw, a lot more tickets than a lot of clubs in Scotland provide. 

Edited by BoydiesBelly

14 minutes ago, BoydiesBelly said:

^^^ Worried because he doesn't have that extra £22 IMO.

However, how exactly is making families (or fans in general) be outnumbered pre and post match and often intimidated by scummy behaviour something to be aimed for? That will drive families with young kids away more. All you have to do is look at our home attendances against the Old Firm teams to tell you that. The whole matchday experience as it currently is puts plenty off - I mean, its the only explanation because it certainly can't be because of our chances of picking up a result...

If it's a Killie fan who wants a ticket, the chances are they'll know a season ticket holder anyway. If they don't, then it's a simple solution as said fan is 99.9% likely to be attending at least one other game that season so wouldn't be out of pocket at all. The only people that it would hurt in the pocket is Rangers or Celtic fans that couldn't get one of the 4000 tickets available to them - which is btw, a lot more tickets than a lot of clubs in Scotland provide. 

As long as you're ok then to hell with everyone else, to a lot of people that's a fair bit of money, especially for people with families or taking families to the game.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

As long as you're ok then to hell with everyone else, to a lot of people that's a fair bit of money, especially for people with families or taking families to the game.

Yup, it's the cost of the lower category league games at Rugby Park which they'd then get to attend. 

You're just deflecting as usual though, so that's fine. Enjoy the game when it comes around.

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, bennett said:

No you havent you lying c**t

:lol:

Straight to the point, no faffing about. 

50 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Gordon "the killie legend" Smith has been told by the club his services are no longer required at the sportsmans dinner he was booked for apparently.......

I hope this is true.

An odious piece of Sevco shit.

5 hours ago, BoydiesBelly said:

This is a great decision from the club, but it needs to be followed up and acted upon properly to make it as difficult as possible for Rangers and Celtic fans to get home end tickets for more meaningful games going forward. Make sales limited to either a season ticket holder, with a warning of your season ticket being taken away if you're caught buying for an OF fan. If you don't have a ST holder to buy a ticket with, then you have to join a ticket membership scheme with a fee of £22 that can be used for a ticket against a non-OF side later in the season. 

It’s certainly not impossible to buy a ticket for Ibrox. Two visits to their website, and a ticket in the home end for the Scottish Cup replay a few weeks ago, was delivered through my letterbox two days later.

Celtic captain Scott Brown has had his Scottish FA disciplinary hearing moved forward six days.

The midfielder faces a potential suspension for "not acting in the best interests of football" during a 2-1 win over Rangers last month.

The new hearing date of 26 April means a two-game ban would be for matches against Kilmarnock and Aberdeen, rather than against the Dons and Rangers. (BBC)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

15 hours ago, bennett said:

Aye,on the TV.