The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

10 hours ago, Fide said:

I was surprised to see Jack Byrne (aye, him) in the latest ROI squad.  How Mick McCarthy can't find a space for Alan Power here is beyond me:

A bit harsh on Byrne. You could see the boy had talent, but his head just wasn't right for whatever reason in the UK. Now he's back home he's finding his feet again.

You can understand where McCarthy is coming from too. In Scotland, when a player not many have heard of playing in another country is called up we are the first to say "aye but what about so-and-so playing in Scotland why are we ignoring him". Can imagine the Irish fans are the same. I doubt there's much clamour in the Republic for a Kilmarnock midfielder to get a call-up (despite how good we know he is) whereas they'll see Byrne every week.

Also looking at the squad there they have a number of Alan Power-type players in there already, whereas Byrne is more of creative midfielder. Shame for Alan as he deserves International recognition, but it's understandable to me why he's not in the squad.

Edited by BoydiesBelly

5 hours ago, Coooombe said:

Any idea if the Hibs match next week will be pay at the gate?

Steven McLean is the ref for this one 

But don't despair.....  he's gotta be better than Andrew Dallas who's in charge against the Accies on Saturday.