The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

He was better than Gary Locke (which isn't hard) and kept us up, so he deserves credit for that.

The season after you'd turn up not knowing who half the players were every week, because he'd have signed someone and chucked them straight in the first team.

He's probably the best manager we had post-Shiels and pre-Clarke but that really isn't saying an awful lot.

4 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

In a result orientated game he kept us up and left us in the top six , LC was IMO much maligned . He was a refreshing change from the Largs mafia merry go round 

Name any manager in the history of the game who hasn’t bullshitted at some point in there career ? 

I think this is closer to the mark. He was never a sustainable choice, and I'm pleased he left when he did - but he deserves a good bit of credit for the way we played in that playoff final. No other team has utterly battered their opponentsin the way we did Falkirk, and it feels like that was a game perfectly suited to his own brand of salesmanship.

Unlike SH I don't think uncovering Coulibaly and Jordan was simply a numbers game. You could have given the likes of AJ and Locke a decade and they wouldn't have been able to think sufficiently outside the box to sign two players like them.

And I'm not sure he wouldn't have kept us in the top six either. It was a weird league that year with essentially seven shit teams jostling eachother to avoid bottom spot. Partick won the race and disappeared without trace the following year, no reason why we wouldn't have edged it ahead of them.

8 hours ago, Girth said:

Lee Clark has apparently applied for the job at my beloved Hereford FC...wasn’t he honking for you guys?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/herefordawaydays/permalink/1793087124142120/

My view was very much a 5.5-6/10 at best manager. Came in and was very different to just about any of the other managerial options we had to choose from. In retrospect he was probably the best of a bad bunch and his unorthodox methods seemed to work in the short term (given he was the manager for pretty much a year exactly who knows how they would have worked in the longer term, I suspect not very well). Looking back now it seems to have been a pretty quick year that passed from Locke getting the tin tack to leaving us for supposed "bigger and better things" at Bury - and their experiment with him ended up finishing abruptly last November. So much nonsense seemed to have happened from the bacon rolls at the seaside and winning the playoff in emphatic fashion to gutting the playing staff the very next day to signing hunners of diddies plus Jones and Souley to the cryogenic chamber to the sudden resignation.

Would we have stayed up in 2016-17 had he stayed? I think so. Would we have finished as high in the league as we did? I don't know. While I'm very critical of McCulloch's tenure as permanent manager I think he did absolutely fine at getting us to the end of the season in a decent position but we all should have seen that we shouldn't have 

8 hours ago, Coooombe said:

Meh, I'm indifferent. He kept us in the league and the following season signed a gazillion players, most of whom we're absolute diddies. He did sign Jordan Jones and Souleymane Coulibaly however. 

6 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

He was better than Gary Locke (which isn't hard) and kept us up, so he deserves credit for that.

The season after you'd turn up not knowing who half the players were every week, because he'd have signed someone and chucked them straight in the first team.

He's probably the best manager we had post-Shiels and pre-Clarke but that really isn't saying an awful lot.

I think he's like Lyle Lanley. He comes in and says the right things that everyone wants to hear, looks to be building on decent initial work but then signs all these unknown diddies that you'll have forgotten about in 6 months' time and before you know it he's away either of his own volition or because his bosses have had enough. 

At least Lyle Lanley had a catchy song about his mad, zany schemes though. He'd probably win more people over if he had a catchy number like this one

2 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

My view was very much a 5.5-6/10 at best manager. Came in and was very different to just about any of the other managerial options we had to choose from. In retrospect he was probably the best of a bad bunch and his unorthodox methods seemed to work in the short term (given he was the manager for pretty much a year exactly who knows how they would have worked in the longer term, I suspect not very well). Looking back now it seems to have been a pretty quick year that passed from Locke getting the tin tack to leaving us for supposed "bigger and better things" at Bury - and their experiment with him ended up finishing abruptly last November. So much nonsense seemed to have happened from the bacon rolls at the seaside and winning the playoff in emphatic fashion to gutting the playing staff the very next day to signing hunners of diddies plus Jones and Souley to the cryogenic chamber to the sudden resignation.

Would we have stayed up in 2016-17 had he stayed? I think so. Would we have finished as high in the league as we did? I don't know. While I'm very critical of McCulloch's tenure as permanent manager I think he did absolutely fine at getting us to the end of the season in a decent position but we all should have seen that we shouldn't have 

I think he's like Lyle Lanley. He comes in and says the right things that everyone wants to hear, looks to be building on decent initial work but then signs all these unknown diddies that you'll have forgotten about in 6 months' time and before you know it he's away either of his own volition or because his bosses have had enough. 

At least Lyle Lanley had a catchy song about his mad, zany schemes though. He'd probably win more people over if he had a catchy number like this one

I hear you've signed about 15 men?

No good sir it's only 10!

Will we stay up after all?

Look, I've signed Alex Henshall!

I'm bothered by your Geordie tones...

Lookie here it's Jordan Jones!

Will you come for a wee swallie?

No, I'm busy signing Coulibaly!

Were you sent to cause us pain?

No, I've brought Jamie Cobain!

I swear I'm Killie's only choice, throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Waddington! Waddington! Waddington!

59 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

This interview is... pretty fucking heavy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45476430

My brother (season ticket holder for 25+ years) read that last night and never even knew he'd played for us.  I think that perfectly sums up Lee Clark's signing policy!

Wadd..d’oh.

18 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

I heard your signings are all bad yins!

Just wait 'til you see Callum McFadzean!

You know a club with lots of unnecessary signings is a bit like the mule with a spinning wheel - no-one knows when they signed them and danged if they know how to play them!

Just now, whiskychimp said:

Surely he must have lost track of time. It was obviously the last play of the game

I don't see an excuse whatever time he thought it was. If you were 2-1 up then I'd see it as viable to play it short and waste time in the corner but not 1-1 deep in ET at home. Clarke needs to have a word with the guy. 

5 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I don't see an excuse whatever time he thought it was. If you were 2-1 up then I'd see it as viable to play it short and waste time in the corner but not 1-1 deep in ET at home. Clarke needs to have a word with the guy. 

Eh? "The guy" has been our player of the season so far.

7 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

So what. I wasn't talking about his footballing ability. 

Well I just think you need to employ a bit of perspective before you demand that he's reprimanded, particularly when he ended up with a goal and an assist yesterday.

Great news that Phyllis McLeish is to invest a substantial amount.

The club statement says that they will be restructuring the Commercial and administration side of the business to ensure they can provide additional funds to support SC and improve the communications with the fans both existing and potential by improving existing contacts in the community. 

Another sign of the club ensuring they can build on the SC effect.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/kilmarnock-directors-outline-vision-club-13312845

Edited by C4mmy31