The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

As RandomGuy says above, he is absolutely brilliant on the last couple of FM's. If he is even half the player FM think he could be, he could be a great signing for us. 

I look forward for this post to completely back fire as he plays 10 minutes and is back at Wolves by the start of January. 

1 hour ago, Richie95 said:

As RandomGuy says above, he is absolutely brilliant on the last couple of FM's. If he is even half the player FM think he could be, he could be a great signing for us. 

I look forward for this post to completely back fire as he plays 10 minutes and is back at Wolves by the start of January. 

Your part right @Richie95, his loan deal expires come that time .......

Jack Byrne ex Man City & Oldham attacking midfielder on a 1 year deal.

It appears the Oldham fans are not a happy bunch.......

FOOTBALL

Oldham Athletic fans fume as League Two club terminate Jack Byrne's contract

BY Ruairi Scott Byrne 
August 31, 2018

Oldham Athletic have announced that they have agreed to terminate the contract of Irish midfielder Jack Byrne - and Latics fans are far from happy.

The League Two club released a statement this evening, which read: "Oldham Athletic and Jack Byrne have mutually agreed to terminate his contract.

"The 22-year-old attacking midfielder initially joined the club on loan in August 2017 before signing permanently in January 2018, making 44 appearances and scoring eight goals in all competitions.

"The club would like to wish Jack luck for the future."

Byrne has been absent from the club's match day squads this season and he was reportedly suspended internally by Oldham in July for publicly unspecified reasons, with fans launching a social media campaign to have the Dubliner ‘freed’ from his apparent club exile.

The former Manchester City player is now available on a free transfer after being deemed surplus to requirements by new Oldham manager Frankie Burns

The decision to release Byrne has not gone down well with Oldham fans, who have slammed the club for allowing the talented youngster to leave for nothing.

Edited by C4mmy31

That, unfortunately, could be a tremendous piece of business by Clarke.

I’ve a good friend who supports Oldham and I’ve attended a couple of Oldham games in the last year or so and Jack Byrne has always been the best player on the park, no matter the opposition.

Apparently, he went through a team mate in training, a possible “career ender”, hence the exit door at Oldham.

To my eye, he’s a ‘baller.

Things just seem to get better and better. The last five years are begining to fade like a bad dream. Even without Mulumbu, I reckon we've got a stronger squad than last year - and I mean squad, rather than an average to good first eleven which gets weakened by having to shuffle  positions  when a couple of bodies are unavailable. Would have liked to see central defence being bolstered, but hey, the opposition is going to have to get through a hell of a midfield to try and cancel out the goals we'll be banging in for fun!

1 hour ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

That, unfortunately, could be a tremendous piece of business by Clarke.

I’ve a good friend who supports Oldham and I’ve attended a couple of Oldham games in the last year or so and Jack Byrne has always been the best player on the park, no matter the opposition.

Apparently, he went through a team mate in training, a possible “career ender”, hence the exit door at Oldham.

To my eye, he’s a ‘baller.

It's not really going to affect your lot, is it? ;)