The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

20 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We've just signed David Syme. What was he like for you lot? What position(s) does he play?

He can play centre half or right back. Looked an exciting prospect when he was playing youth games but he never really got the chance at RP. I liked what little I saw of him.

7 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We've just signed David Syme. What was he like for you lot? What position(s) does he play?

I liked him. But with Locke in charge he [Syme] never really got a chance (or well managed).

Who is it you have in charge of RR just now?

Defender (allegedly).... Just pray he's not left one on one with an attacking player running at him anywhere near the box or it's a stone wall penalty.

11 hours ago, killienick said:

There's a link on the Killie home page to our away kit options for next season and the option to vote for one. Great idea.

Great idea, but they are all similarly boufin.  Don't like red or orange, not Killie colours IMO (I know it's because of the sponsor) with unsavoury associations with certain other teams.  Much rather see a classic bogging yellow strip or a stone cold retro classic like this one.

Killie third stip at mays.jpg

Great idea, but they are all similarly boufin.  Don't like red or orange, not Killie colours IMO (I know it's because of the sponsor) with unsavoury associations with certain other teams.  Much rather see a classic bogging yellow strip or a stone cold retro classic like this one.

Killie third stip at mays.jpg

I've one of those hidden up the back of the water tank cupboard. Maybe one day It'll come back into fashion.

Did you guys rate Chris Johnstone? I really can't make my mind up about him. He seems really light weight and so predictable.

He had real promise when he first came through but simply failed to live up to his potential.

He had huge promise as a teenager and under better managers/coaches I firmly believe he could have gone on to much better things.

As said earlier, surprised Locke signed him as he was one of the worst offenders as he genuinely hadn't a clue how / where to play him.

That said, I'm surprised Chris agreed to follow him in the first place as he could still do a good job in that division.

Sad really, another potential talent bites the dust.