The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Guest Jedi

Including the loan players returning to their clubs,and assuming that those we are 'listening to offers for/willing to negotiate' also go,Lee will have released around 22 players since he took over.

Must be looking to bring in around 10-12 new players surely? Massive turnover.

IIRC that was the reason for the big stadium. On the back of a Scottish Cup win and potential European places they built the bigger stadium but the support just withered away. Was brilliant being in a sold out East Stand again albeit a more joyful occasion than the 0-0 butt-clenching game against falkirk in 2010

Sounded great on the TV. And the away end looked majestic, totally rammed, bathed in sunshine.

Would look better if they utilised the lower tear for away teams tbh.

Sounded great on the TV. And the away end looked majestic, totally rammed, bathed in sunshine.

Would look better if they utilised the lower tear for away teams tbh.

I wish we would as well. The place looked great yesterday with really good crowds in both home and away ends - it's worth remembering that when we rebuilt the ground in 1994 we had a young, ambitious board who were anticipating, maybe even dreaming of getting high up the league, going on cup runs and even getting into Europe and so we built the ground the way it is. As it turned out, we probably did build the place too big, but you can't really blame them for aiming high. It's just a shame things worked out the way they did - but when the place is rammed it's some noise, that's one of the loudest roars I've ever heard the home support make in the 19 odd years I've been going to Rugby Park. 

I thought the same, was a great atmosphere.  Killie should consider letting fans into the Moffat stand for free on the first home game of next season to try and convince some of the fairweather fans from the playoffs to come back along.

Aye your spot on. They have nothing to lose by doing it as it sits empty anyway.

We would have a couple of things to lose:

1) It would cost us money to open the stand.

2) Some people who would have paid at the gate in one of the other stands will instead choose to get into the Moffat for free.

The club obviously has to try to attract back the fans who were there on Sunday, but they do have to weigh it up against these sorts of potential costs.

This is the full list as issued by the club...

OUT - Ashcroft, Brennan, Faubert, Henshall, Johnston and Splaine.

CONSIDERING OFFERING - Balatoni, Higgy, Carrick, McHattie, O'Hara, Obedeyi and Syme.

OFFERS MADE - Slater and McKenzie.

TERMINATED - Connolly.

CONSIDERING OFFERING - Balatoni, Higgy, Carrick, McHattie, O'Hara, Obedeyi and Syme.

TERMINATED - Connolly.

Seems a bit harsh on Connolly!!!! You could just have released him same as the others.

Seems a bit harsh on Connolly!!!! You could just have released him same as the others.

I would imagine Connolly"s termination involves some sort of payoff on the remainder of his contract.

See the 'considering offers' lot, are Kilmarnock expecting clubs in Scotland to actually pay for them? I'd say that's pretty ambitious given how most of them have played this season.

See the 'considering offers' lot, are Kilmarnock expecting clubs in Scotland to actually pay for them? I'd say that's pretty ambitious given how most of them have played this season.

I reckon it's Killie who are considering making these guys an offer mate. Im assuming we will make a take it or leave it offer or if they get a better one elsewhere then they are free to go.

TERMINATED - Connolly.

What s happened to Chris Johnston looked a very good player when I ve seen him.