The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

It really is as bad as that letter to the fans. I'm really not sure the Kilmarnock board give a damn about the Kilmarnock fans.

There's no "not sure" about it. The board would prefer we sent our money by post and they played in an empty stadium. Carpet bagging b*****ds.

Some pubs in Kilmarnock are refusing to show the Old Firm game because of the carnage that comes with it, yet we're actively advertising our coverage of it.

Hardly. They're showing a Scottish football match on TV on a weekend when we're not playing.

With everything that you could feasably rip us about at the moment, it's a curious thing to alight upon.

Must try harder.

What they're doing is they're willfully advertising a game of football between two clubs that have leached fans from the local community since their inception. We might not have a game this weekend, but why not try something a bit different to get people around the stadium this weekend? 

For example, have an open training session at the time of the Old Firm game where fans can meet the players/management after? Allow kids to have a 15 minutes training session from Lee Clark and with some of the first team involved? Encourage fans to this buy handing out free tickets to one of our post-split games...

Instead, we've got a social media account that tweeted nothing in the build up to a huge game last weekend now advertising the Sports Bar (which no longer is a money making venture for Kilmarnock F.C. btw) for the bigot-fest. 

Thats not the point, obviously they would be showing the match, but for an official club social media page to be pandering to old firm fans to come to a 'killie' pub is an atrocious decision, and if you cant see that then you have lost touch with the general fanbase as much as the board have.

If this was to be publicised at all, it should have been directly from the sports bar or Park Hotel. Not from the official account. As stated before the sports bar makes no income for the club, so hopefully they have paid for this advertisement...

This is the most important part of our season and there has been nothing to galvanise the fans from the club, even after a 3-0 victory they have been extremely quiet from all social media pages. Infact the nonsense with the pies and now this has somehow managed to create a negative feeling again. The club just goes from one mistake to another. Total failure of a club for the last 5 years.

Selling out the fans to gain income from the twisted sisters down the road again! Club isnt interested in the fans and would sell us all down the river for a quick buck.

Your first four words, and the last four, are absolutely bang on - and there's little to argue with in between. 

When every provincial club should be doing their utmost to retain local support, our club are actively pandering to the glory-hunting bástards - yet a-fúcking-gain. Using the club's communications to advertise something which won't gain us a penny, to boot. 

With, in this case, little or no proof, I'm yet again seeing that blazer-chasing ginger cúnt behind both this and the pie row. Weren't Brownings behind Mackiln's plans a couple of years ago, so this could be Johnston acting out of pure spite? 

For years, the "quick buck" mentality has prevailed. From whoring our ground out to whichever bunch of bigots is doing well at the time to selling our youngsters too quickly and possibly too cheaply, there's been no medium-, let alone long-term plan. That is why we're where we are. If there was a sense of pulling together in adversity, crowds would, while still poor, be at least 1500 more than they are atm. Can the club really not see that almost every action they've taken has (in my opinion justifiably) angered the very people who they need now more than ever? I'm in my fifth decade as a Killie fan, and every time I've been in the last few years it seems that the core support is as old if not older than me. Maybe just my self-fulfilling estimate, but looking back fifteen or  twenty years, it seemed there were more youngsters around on match days. As QLP suggests, some kind of "meet and greet" event would have reminded the fans, and maybe convinced some non-fans, that Rugby park should be a regular weekend attraction. But no, making a few quid on the BigotFest is more important. And this after what was, in all honesty, a potentially season-defining result. 

I truly despair of where we're going. To be honest, if we got relegated and there was a willingness to invest, get the fans coming back with a good run of form and win promotion, I wouldn't be too upset - we yoyo-ed for much of my younger years after all, But there isn't, is there? Once this lot have screwed the last few quid from the fans, they'll ditch almost 150 years of history, sell RP for housing, and fuk off. Cúnts.

In more important matters than the continued existence of the club it seems Killie are now 'at war' with Brownings. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3537015/Kilmarnock-war-Killie-Pie-local-bakery-apply-trademark-famous-Rugby-Park-delicacy.html

Without killie it's just another pie, Browning's can ram it.

The Killie official Twitter page advertising the old firm game for their sports bar.

The club has no shame.

Showing a fitba match! The buggers.....

Without killie it's just another pie, Browning's can ram it.

I can see both sides of the argument. The "Killie Pie" was around (and just as good) when it was produced by others e.g. WW Wales. There's no denying that since Brownings took over the catering however, that the "Killie Pie" brand has became more pronounced. Brownings put money into the club but they've also benefited significantly from having the rights to what is the club's pie. How much do Brownings make from their deal with Aldi e.g. and do Killie benefit from that? I'd imagine that Brownings make a lot more from this deal than they put in.

Showing a fitba match! The buggers.....

And you know it's not as simple as that.

Is there another club that goes to such lengths to troll their own fans?

In Scotland, probably not.

In the wider football world, possibly Blackpool and Palermo...

With a few more suggestions maybe we could form some sort of breakaway super league...

The Killie official Twitter page advertising the old firm game for their sports bar.

The club has no shame.

Fine and dandy, however the reaction of your clubs fans on the site would suggest they are not. Bowing down to the old firm again.

Michael Johnston may well be ripping the pish clean out of the club and fans with this advert, as well as his previous of OF title parties and abstaining on the Sevco vote, but nothing will ever beat for a complete riddie your clubs infamous RangAyr scarves

Michael Johnston may well be ripping the pish clean out of the club and fans with this advert, as well as his previous of OF title parties and abstaining on the Sevco vote, but nothing will ever beat for a complete riddie your clubs infamous RangAyr scarves

They didn't, did they?

And there was me thinking the eternally vacant trophy cabinet was embarrassing...

For me the biggest, and really only, isdue that's come out of this is that we're using an official club media channel to advertise a business that we get no income from. Are we sure that this is the case?

As for the choice of game, I'm still ambivalent. That it's the OF derby that's being shown is no different to a Premiership or La Liga game.

For me the biggest, and really only, isdue that's come out of this is that we're using an official club media channel to advertise a business that we get no income from. Are we sure that this is the case?

As for the choice of game, I'm still ambivalent. That it's the OF derby that's being shown is no different to a Premiership or La Liga game.

Oh, it's massively different. Unless, of course, since I moved away there are buses heading south of the border or planes leaving Prestwick every weekend carrying fans that we should be convincing to attend RP?

According to the accounts, it is.

Oh, it's massively different. Unless, of course, since I moved away there are buses heading south of the border or planes leaving Prestwick every weekend carrying fans that we should be convincing to attend RP?

Buses leave from Glasgow for every Man United home game e.g.

Kilmarnock aren't based in Glasgow, though.

I think you get my point - doesn't the sight of kids wearing BigotBros tops around the town piss you off more than those with, say, Barcelona or Real Madrid? There's a massive difference between a liking for a "tv team" who might get the occasional (ie once or twice a season) visitors from abroad, and a growing affinity for either of the big Glasgow sides, who stand to make a lot more if wee Johnny tips up regularly at their ground for his live fix.

Please note that I'm basing this solely on football, as well.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie