The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Kilmarnock have written to SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster to protest over "unfair treatment".

Chairman Jim Mann highlighted issues over the post-split fixtures, namely the number of home games they have got.

They are also unhappy a request to play at home to celebrate the anniversary of the 1964/65 season was denied.

He said: "I feel very aggravated about the contents of the post-split fixtures and have protested in the strongest possible fashion to the SPFL."

Kilmarnock have received only two home fixtures after the split, meaning they will be the only side in the top flight to have played 18 home games and 20 away.

The Rugby Park side had also hoped to have a home fixture on Saturday 25 April to celebrate the 50th anniversary of winning the league championship in the 1964/65 season, but say it was turned down without an explanation.

Mann said: "I do not feel our request to host a home fixture to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of the club's only title success was unreasonable and I felt that I had a duty to our fans and importantly our season ticket holders to speak up".

The SPFL have since contacted the club and will hold a meeting to address the issues raised.

Source: BBC

Kilmarnock have written to SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster to protest over "unfair treatment".

Chairman Jim Mann highlighted issues over the post-split fixtures, namely the number of home games they have got.

They are also unhappy a request to play at home to celebrate the anniversary of the 1964/65 season was denied.

He said: "I feel very aggravated about the contents of the post-split fixtures and have protested in the strongest possible fashion to the SPFL."

Kilmarnock have received only two home fixtures after the split, meaning they will be the only side in the top flight to have played 18 home games and 20 away.

The Rugby Park side had also hoped to have a home fixture on Saturday 25 April to celebrate the 50th anniversary of winning the league championship in the 1964/65 season, but say it was turned down without an explanation.

Mann said: "I do not feel our request to host a home fixture to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of the club's only title success was unreasonable and I felt that I had a duty to our fans and importantly our season ticket holders to speak up".

The SPFL have since contacted the club and will hold a meeting to address the issues raised.

Source: BBC

Kenny Shiels-esque imo. I like it.

I've emailed a couple times over the last year. Never had a reply. What is the real reason they act like the "3rd Reich" over this?

They stopped sign ups as they were getting tons of spam.

Send me your email and I'll send it to Baz.

3rd Reich is ever so slightly melodramatic. There's 1000s of members and certainly not all with same views.

Still waiting on the names of these alleged uber fans.

They stopped sign ups as they were getting tons of spam.

Send me your email and I'll send it to Baz.

3rd Reich is ever so slightly melodramatic. There's 1000s of members and certainly not all with same views.

^^^one of the alleged uber fans IMO

I'm not sure it would be helpful to 'out' people as Uber fans Mr Humper.

In terms of the relationship Killie fans have with one another there seems still to be an underlying current of distrust and obfuscation to suit points of view, (nothing sinister generally but can be poisonous), attacks on people like the SLO sometimes seem a bit personal. Their was also a pattern, during NAPM, when there was a clear divide amongst the fans and the Uber fans. Their were definitely some Uber, holier than thou, sections who played the I'm a bigger supporter than you card more than once.

Having said all this Mr H, without wanting to sound like a sycophant, you tend to be a voice of reason on the forum. I was discussing your levelheadedness with a now ex-director a few weeks ago in fact and he said you were a top fella. :thumsup2

Edited by killienick

I'm not sure it would be helpful to 'out' people as Uber fans Mr Humper.

In terms of the relationship Killie fans have with one another there seems still to be an underlying current of distrust and obfuscation to suit points of view, (nothing sinister generally but can be poisonous), attacks on people like the SLO sometimes seem a bit personal. Their was also a pattern, during NAPM, when there was a clear divide amongst the fans and the Uber fans. Their were definitely some Uber, holier than thou, sections who played the I'm a bigger supporter than you card more than once.

Having said all this Mr H, without wanting to sound like a sycophant, you tend to be a voice of reason on the forum. I was discussing your levelheadedness with a now ex-director a few weeks ago in fact and he said you were a top fella. :thumsup2

He's a good lad.

Kettering Town striker Dubi Ogbonna on trial with Killie from tomorrow (Monday).

32 goals in all competitions including three hat-tricks. Peterborough also after him apparently.

1710046933.jpg

There is absolutely no hope in hell we could out bid the Posh if it comes to that. Great smile though! It'd be nice to see a happy striker at RP for a change.

There is absolutely no hope in hell we could out bid the Posh if it comes to that. Great smile though! It'd be nice to see a happy striker at RP for a change.

Playing at a really low level, but that's no reason to dismiss him out of hand. Clubs like Peterborough have a good record of taking lower, lower, lower league players and ex-EPL academy players and turning them into sell-able assets. We should be looking at that as well as developing our own players. Surely there are lower league scouts in England that would be willing to work for us on a part-time basis with sell-on figures for any players we sign? To me, that would be far more sensible player recruitment strategy than simply relying on agent recommendations etc.