• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Quitongo's Left Peg

The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Just now, killiepiemuncher said:

You’ll know what his decision will be after his disciplinary hearing today.
No punishment= Scotland job.
Touch line ban= staying with Killie.

Ban or no ban he won't be staying with Killie.

Better get used to the idea.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

This. I lost money last summer after Robbie Neilson was a 100% stick-on to be St Mirren boss. 

I think they should leave Clarke alone. There's no need to f**k over a club's progress for the sake of an utterly poisoned chalice of a job.

Plus, I really can't see the appeal of taking it, if you're Clarke (maybe aside from the money). He's doing an amazing job, turning Killie into a force, and the Scotland job will always come round again in 18-24 months. Or 18-24 months after that. He could take it then.

I personally hope Clarke stays at Killie - but based on his comments when he got sectarian abuse at Ibrox, his house and family are still down south. The Scotland job, aside from the games themselves would largely involve watching English games to check up on players, with occasional commutes to watch some Scottish stuff. Being back with his family down south while being paid a lot more would be an attraction, no?

I personally hope Clarke stays at Killie - but based on his comments when he got sectarian abuse at Ibrox, his house and family are still down south. The Scotland job, aside from the games themselves would largely involve watching English games to check up on players, with occasional commutes to watch some Scottish stuff. Being back with his family down south while being paid a lot more would be an attraction, no?

What my mind is resigned to Swello, ah bugger it,it was fun, he had better leave Lord Dyer to Reign o'er us (sic) mind.

17 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

You’ll know what his decision will be after his disciplinary hearing today.
No punishment= Scotland job.
Touch line ban= staying with Killie.

I think they'll ban him regardless. However, if the punishment is strangely post-dated to start after Sunday that would be an indication of him taking the Scotland job.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
12 minutes ago, Swello said:

What my mind is resigned to Swello, ah bugger it,it was fun, he had better leave Lord Dyer to Reign o'er us (sic) mind.

I think he might even take AD to the Scotland setup.  The board will speculate on another fairly big appointment, I can't see us going down the route of just appointing the Assistant in the style of Locke/McCulloch.

I think he might even take AD to the Scotland setup.  The board will speculate on another fairly big appointment, I can't see us going down the route of just appointing the Assistant in the style of Locke/McCulloch.
Holding out hope that he will appoint Gemmill as FT assistant manager & put Lord Dyer in as PT coach, allowing him to keep on with us, potentially with Craig Bryson as a player/AM alongside Boydie as coach.

Michael O'Neill was 1/12 to be Scotland boss.
Larsson was 1/10 to be Celtic boss.
Clarke may well be Scotland boss ( I hope not) but bookies regularly are clueless and just react to folk betting on rumours.

Bookies are very rarely clueless. If some utter imbecile* has lumped £1000 on anyone being appointed manager based on what they read in the rumours section of the Daily Record, the bookies are only smart to react accordingly.

Manager market bets require no thought whatsoever. People who enjoy the skill of betting avoid it completely. The small number of bets placed drive the market relatively sharply.

*I’m going to split my share of the winnings with Keith Jackson if it is Clarke.

Apparently Billy Bowie will be sitting down with SC to discuss his future on Monday..... no decision on SC's future before then.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Apparently Billy Bowie will be sitting down with SC to discuss his future on Monday..... no decision on SC's future before then.

Source?

For once we have a Chairman who will have the hard conversations & will do what he can for the club, hopefully he can persuade SSC to stay for another year but if he doesn't, at least we have someone who literally does know his shit.

10 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Record

Kilmarnock Standard......

Bowie said: “I’ll be dealing with this on Monday, sitting down with Steve and working out where we go from here. Right now my main concern is getting the last game of the season out of the way and getting as many fans as possible into Rugby Park.

“The next morning, I’ll have a conversation with Steve to find out what he plans to do. He’s obviously talked about being unsettled and maybe a little home sick so I want to sit down with him and discover what he wants to do about it.

“Our talks will be about the future for Kilmarnock and we’ll discuss everything there is to discuss on Monday. Steve plays his cards close to his chest but it’s definitely time for us to have that discussion.”

Nailed on for the Scottish job. It will be Killie and the leagues loss unfortunately.. good manager

28 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Nailed on for the Scottish job. It will be Killie and the leagues loss unfortunately.. good manager

The post above yours definitely reads like he is off.

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The post above yours definitely reads like he is off.

You reckon he will or won't be next Scotland manager?

13 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

You reckon he will or won't be next Scotland manager?

Will be.

Surely they'll have had a discussion before now (Clarke and Killie).

He’s staying. Yippee.

It’d be very typical if the SFA banned him from his first two games in charge of the national side.