The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

His words at the SPFA awards last night,.... 

"Its been a great move for me at Kilmarnock, I'm loving my time there professionally"

"Personally, I don't have my family up here, that's always been a bit of a bug bare but maybe we can find a way to make it work"

55 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Interestingly I think the opposite! Basically we have no idea what is going on with Mr Clarke's future. Some don't want to get too excited he is staying and have resigned themselves to him leaving but others just believe and hope he is staying.

I just have the feeling that if he was 100% certain of staying none of this would be getting mentioned in the media.   

I think he's genuinely conflicted as he is enjoying his role at Killie, but there is still something biting away about having another go in England and proving a lot of people wrong.  

Whatever he does I am just grateful for the last 18/19 months which have been fabulous.

Hopefully qualification for Europe will make sure he stays for another year - at least.  

22 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I just have the feeling that if he was 100% certain of staying none of this would be getting mentioned in the media.   

I think he's genuinely conflicted as he is enjoying his role at Killie, but there is still something biting away about having another go in England and proving a lot of people wrong.  

Whatever he does I am just grateful for the last 18/19 months which have been fabulous.

Hopefully qualification for Europe will make sure he stays for another year - at least.  

I honestly think that as a man of honour he will fulfil his contract and stay for next season. That is based on very little other than my own instincts. I think he is too professional to do the job part time but his ways are well established and I think missing perhaps a Monday training wouldn't have a negative effect. I hope he brings his family up for the last game  and we can really show them all how much we appreciate him. Would be great to see his wife,kids and grand kids have a great day out as we beat rangers.

1 hour ago, killiemilan said:

I honestly think that as a man of honour he will fulfil his contract and stay for next season. That is based on very little other than my own instincts. I think he is too professional to do the job part time but his ways are well established and I think missing perhaps a Monday training wouldn't have a negative effect. I hope he brings his family up for the last game  and we can really show them all how much we appreciate him. Would be great to see his wife,kids and grand kids have a great day out as we beat rangers.

I doubt he would subject his family that type of atmosphere tbh.....

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I doubt he would subject his family that type of atmosphere tbh.....

Did you not only give Rangers a tiny amount of tickets?

Have to say, from his interviews I've heard it does sound like he's inviting offers from down South. 

5 hours ago, Dele said:

Did you not only give Rangers a tiny amount of tickets?

Have to say, from his interviews I've heard it does sound like he's inviting offers from down South. 

Would you class 4,000 tickets as a tiny allocation? 

Listen to the last 10 secs or so of this from Sunday night, I genuinely think he wants to be here.....

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Would you class 4,000 tickets as a tiny allocation? 

Listen to the last 10 secs or so of this from Sunday night, I genuinely think he wants to be here.....

I never realised it was as much as that. What was all the palava about regarding Rangers allocation being reduced?! :lol:

Genuinely thought you'd reduced them to about 1,000!

It's pretty much what he said after the game at the weekend. The whole "I've had offers here, I've been linked there, my family are down South but I'm loving it here. Will see what happens." gives off, to me, he's making himself open to an offer down South (he'd be stupid not to, financially). I totally understand why you see it from the polar opposite though. 

11 minutes ago, Dele said:

I never realised it was as much as that. What was all the palava about regarding Rangers allocation being reduced?! :lol:

Genuinely thought you'd reduced them to about 1,000!

It's pretty much what he said after the game at the weekend. The whole "I've had offers here, I've been linked there, my family are down South but I'm loving it here. Will see what happens." gives off, to me, he's making himself open to an offer down South (he'd be stupid not to, financially). I totally understand why you see it from the polar opposite though. 

**** got themselves into a state because we reduced their allocation from both goal ends to just the normal away end any non-OF team gets (8000 to 4000 seats).

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

His kids are grown adults, they go and watch Chelsea home and away.

They'd be fine at a Killie-Rangers game FFS.

I was referring to the likes of his wife & grandkids.....

I take it you didn't hear his talksport interview this morning with Jim White where he spoke about it again.

Edited by C4mmy31

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don't think he's in any rush but he will go if the right offer comes in. Would genuinely be a shame if he did leave the league though.

Yeah. He's in the same position every other manager in the league is in.

42 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. He's in the same position every other manager in the league is in.

That’s not quite true is it ? 

I doubt there a queue of big clubs rushing up to Scotland to sign  ( insert name of nearly every SPFL manager here except SSC and possibly slippy g here) 

15 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

I doubt there a queue of big clubs rushing up to Scotland to sign  ( insert name of nearly every SPFL manager here except SSC and possibly slippy g here) 

He's just saying every manager would take the right opportunity. No one is trying to insult your hero.

33 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

But not every manager would be offered it , is my point 

Strange thing to get upset about. The point I'm making is that he's no more likely to decide he wants to leave than any other manager in the league.

It's nothing to do with big clubs either. That's a relative term.

48 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Strange thing to get upset about. The point I'm making is that he's no more likely to decide he wants to leave than any other manager in the league.

It's nothing to do with big clubs either. That's a relative term.

Not upset just pointing out the obvious 

3 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Hes not going to get a big move based on what hes doing at Kilmarnock