The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Smith's quote (presumably legit and not made up, although it is the DR) is the absolute standard I would expect from a ***.  

Oceans upon oceans of tears aside, it's quite frightening that the former head of football in this country is advocating a club refuses to play games in order to 'payback' another club to its detriment. 

That's the kind of mindset all journalists and blazers in this country have; making sure Rangers are OK. 

First thing to say is, I'm not on the wind up.  

I very rarely venture away from St Mirren matchday threads.  

I've just seen the Steve Clarke interview on the BBC.  I'm just about old enough to remember him playing for us, back in the day.  

He is magnificent.  What passion and belief in his team. 

Good luck with the appeals.  Sounds like you were hard done by.  

28 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

First thing to say is, I'm not on the wind up.  

I very rarely venture away from St Mirren matchday threads.  

I've just seen the Steve Clarke interview on the BBC.  I'm just about old enough to remember him playing for us, back in the day.  

He is magnificent.  What passion and belief in his team. 

Good luck with the appeals.  Sounds like you were hard done by.  

I love his sense of humour. The barely noticeable smirks when he said that McLean was "number one" or that his abilities are dwindling and maybe he's bitter because he's just been removed from the FIFA list was perfect.

Capture.JPG.c633f3b4d0e4a69bb1aa02ba0a0c085b.JPG

47 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I love Greg Kiltie.

That is all.

Great to hear that he is performing well and scoring some vital goals over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully this loan is really helping his confidence and has given him the drive to come back to us and replace Jones in the summer. 

Manager Jonatan Johansson believes Morton have a forward of genuine Scottish Premiership quality in Kilmarnock loan star Greg Kiltie.

The 22-year-old has hit a real purple patch in front of goal, taking his scorching scoring run up to four strikes in his last five appearances when he found the net in Saturday’s 2-0 win away at Falkirk.

Ton boss Johansson was delighted to have been able to acquire Kiltie, who also assisted Charlie Telfer’s goal against the Bairns, in January and rates him amongst the cream of Ladbrokes Championship attacking talent.

When asked about the frontman’s form, the Greenock gaffer told www.gmfc.net: “Greg has been really good for me. The first time I contacted Alex Dyer at Kilmarnock to see if I could get him was actually in November.

“I was a little bit surprised we could get him and we’re lucky in that way. Kilmarnock have been very good with us, and they want him to play and progress as a player.

“Kilmarnock have had a great season, a great run of form, so I can understand why he wasn’t getting his chance there after missing time at the start of the season with injury. It’s difficult to break into a team that’s doing very well.

“You realise when you get a player on loan who hasn’t played first-team football, it’s going to take a few games to get going. But you can see it now. Anybody watching our games can see that he’s a Premiership player.

“I brought him in to be that link between midfield and attack, to be that creative player, and he’s certainly proving that he can do that. For me, at the moment, he’s the best offensive player in the league in many ways.

“The chances he creates, the goals he scores, and also the way he works. He’s a really hard worker. He also enjoys the pressure and stands out when the going gets tough. He doesn’t feel the pressure, he thrives under it.

Edited by C4mmy31

8 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Can Kiltie slot straight back into our first team when Morton’s season ends? Is there anything in the loan rules that prevents him playing in the last two games?

He's not available to play for us until the next transfer window opens....

Kiltie has been superb for us and we'd probably be bottom of the league right now without his goals and assists, as there's no one else in our squad who are anywhere near competent up front. 

He took a while to get going but over the past few weeks he's been great and looks a genuine threat every time he gets the ball. I'd love to have him back next season but there's no chance of that. Hopefully his loan spell has given him the boost needed to get back into the starting 11 at Killie. 

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:52, DarvelBoy said:

Hi guys, just an update below on the upcoming charity match for ayrshire cancer support on may 18th.

We have added more players to our match on May 18th at Blair Park, Hurlford. Doors open at 12 with 2pm kick off. Teams will now be managed by Ian Durrant/Gordon Smith and Jim Fleeting/Jim McSherry. 

Teams will be captained by Garry Hay and Ray Montgomerie. Craig Bryson, Craig Samson, Kevin Kyle, Alan Mahood, Mark Roberts, Craig Dargo, Simon Ford, Emilio Jaconelli, Paul Di Giacamo, Dylan Kerr, Chrissy Johnston, Paul Heffernan, Alan Robertson, Rusty Harkness, Robert Reilly, Derrick McDicken & Jim Clark will all be involved on the day.

Star of TV show Outlander Steven Cree will be playing as will stars of TV show Glow James English and Brian Matthews.

We still have a couple of places to play in the game alongside the legends at £100.

The match will be followed by our Sports Dinner at The Fenwick Hotel at night hosted by Mark Guidi, Frank McAvennie, Andy McLaren and John Gahagan. Tickets are £50 and we only have 4 tables remaining. 

I am sure this will be a great occasion and it's great to see the charity / legends match being played by players who represented the club so well over the years, however it pains me to see guys getting to play who never played for the first team being invited to play? It should open a space for another fan who is willing to pay. The PE teacher has folk believing he's Paul Wright yet never kicked a ball but loves the publicity as an "Ex-Killie" player?

18 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Wee Kilts looks like he’s turned into a man during this loan spell, hopefully he comes back as the player we all thought he could be.

Certainly done well with us and is far too good to be playing Championship football! 

49 minutes ago, THEMOLE91 said:

I am sure this will be a great occasion and it's great to see the charity / legends match being played by players who represented the club so well over the years, however it pains me to see guys getting to play who never played for the first team being invited to play? It should open a space for another fan who is willing to pay. The PE teacher has folk believing he's Paul Wright yet never kicked a ball but loves the publicity as an "Ex-Killie" player?

Who's the PE teacher?

Guest Moomintroll
Who's the PE teacher?
Puzzled by that myself, looking at the list it has to be Jaconelli but no idea what he does nowadays, pretty sure I remember him playing a couple of games for the first team as well but could be wrong.