The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Just now, Dindeleux said:

Unless the player agreed (which he clearly hasn't) to sacrifice the difference to stay at Rugby Park.   I have no idea if contractually they could make that offer to Stewart and say "Look Aberdeen want to pay 50% of your wages, Killie only want to pay 25%.  If you are that desperate to live in Onthank you can sacrifice 25% of your wages to go there".   

I can't see how, without breaking his contract there, they could withhold wages.

6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Have to agree with you on this one, clubs the size of St Johnstone & Killie can't compete in the same market as any of the City clubs when it comes to wages. But nothing to stop us competing on the pitch & punching well above our weight.....

Also expect SSC is likely to backfill effectively. DM's ability to source players thst aren't proven SPLers is patchy. Scottish football will benefit.

Also with Hibs signing Gauld and StJs getting in MOH + both of "them" strengthening up front, the next 4 months should be goaltastic.

He gets his full wage regardless, whether Kilmarnock pay 20% or Aberdeen pay 40%, Birmingham are contractually obliged to pay the remaining amount.

Birmingham can just refuse the loan offer from killie if we are offering to cover more I think is the point.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I can't see how, without breaking his contract there, they could withhold wages.

I'm not saying withhold wages.  Its a hypothetical situation obviously but words along the lines of "We are accepting this offer because they will give us more, if you want to desperately go somewhere else then you need to work out a way of us still getting X amount of your wages covered"    by that I mean the player offering to take less money/not take an end of contract loyalty bonus/some other bullshit.  

He's chosen to go to Aberdeen one way or the other.  He wasn't our player in the first place and I have no idea why some Killie fans (not on here) are getting so wound up about this.  

We've had the boy Dom Thomas out on loan and he has been doing well for Dumbarton.  I'm sure our fans (apart from that guy who supports both of us) will not give 2 fucks about Dumbarton if we decide to recall him and then sit him on the bench.  Thats football and the risk of using the loan system.

19 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Have to agree with you on this one, clubs the size of St Johnstone & Killie can't compete in the same market as any of the City clubs when it comes to wages. But nothing to stop us competing on the pitch & punching well above our weight.....

Perth is a city m8.

While disappointed to see him go off to a rival I’d like to wish all the best as he scored and set-up a fair few goals for us. Always giving his best to give some opposition defenders knightmares (Mark Milligan’s wife wakes up every night to see him tossing and turning in bed shouting ‘no Greg, no’). Hopefully see him back in the stripes sooner rather than later.

15 minutes ago, killieshire said:

While disappointed to see him go off to a rival I’d like to wish all the best as he scored and set-up a fair few goals for us. Always giving his best to give some opposition defenders knightmares (Mark Milligan’s wife wakes up every night to see him tossing and turning in bed shouting ‘no Greg, no’). Hopefully see him back in the stripes sooner rather than later.

The b*****ds have even got the colours right!!!!

Image result for knights

27 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Turning out to be some birthday for Killie.

Lets just see who SC brings in first..... thou, tbf, come the summer they will probably end up as a Parkhead bench warmer earning a princely sum in the process  :thumsup2

Edited by C4mmy31

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He didn't "choose" Aberdeen, they offered more wages than anyone else and Birmingham accepted it as it's the best offer they had.

Aberdeen absolutely spunking the money to try and scare off teams around them, they're apparently offering Joe Shaughnessy a wage over double what we can offer.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

He won't have chosen Aberdeen over us, he will have chosen Aberdeen and getting his full wage from Birmingham over not playing for 6 months and/or coming to Kilmarnock and having to sacrifice some of his wages.

He did choose Aberdeen over us. Killie and Aberdeen offered the same deal and it came down to the player choosing Aberdeen. 

Thats the story coming out of Killie and Mcinnes himself has said the player chose Aberdeen over other clubs. 

3 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

He did choose Aberdeen over us. Killie and Aberdeen offered the same deal and it came down to the player choosing Aberdeen. 

Thats the story coming out of Killie and Mcinnes himself has said the player chose Aberdeen over other clubs. 

I wouldn't believe everything posted on kickback.......