The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Steve Clarke has done magnificently well for you guys since he arrived.

I know you might not want to think about it, but we all know managers come and go.

Is there any concern that - due to the great job he and his team are doing, and the publicity it has received -  some team might try and tempt him back down south again simply on the basis of the ludicrous money on offer there?

I cant quite believe we appointed McLeish as Scotland manager and not him, tbh.

Selfishly, from a Scottish football perspective, I would hope that he stays on to try and win something with Killie.

Steve Clarke has done magnificently well for you guys since he arrived. I know you might not want to think about it, but we all know managers come and go.

Is there any concern that - due to the great job he and his team are doing, and the publicity it has received -  some team might try and tempt him back down south again simply on the basis of the ludicrous money on offer there?

I cant quite believe we appointed McLeish as Scotland manager and not him, tbh.

Selfishly, from a Scottish football perspective, I would hope that he stays on to try and win something with Killie.

As much as I don't want him to leave and am more than happy for him to seem to go under the radar for clubs looking for managers. I'm genuinely baffled he has barely been linked (seriously) with any other jobs. Unless the sfa know that he wouldn't have taken the job it really shows how incompetent they are that they went straigh for that huddy.

3 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Reduced price as well if you are a season ticket holder

Yeah, £5 for season ticket holders but the majority of the guys I know just handed over the non season ticket cost of £10  as its going to a charity anyway......

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, BlueKillie said:

Anyone see the hearts fans in the corner of the stand to our left actually about crying to the police about us singing Hello Hello after the goal? The seethe was fantastic

Reveal hidden contents

:lol:

Screenshot_20181112-214431_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ff99097ce58556ba0932384af60c09ee.jpg

Looks like the ball boy is wiping away his tears already, not to mention the Hearts support looking less than impressed in this one..... :thumsup2

14 hours ago, BlueKillie said:

Anyone see the hearts fans in the corner of the stand to our left actually about crying to the police about us singing Hello Hello after the goal? The seethe was fantastic

Hide contents

:lol:

Mate is a copper and was telling me exactly this... apparently they were moaning it's sectarian. Even as an Ayr fan he wasn't having it. 

5 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Mate is a copper and was telling me exactly this... apparently they were moaning it's sectarian. Even as an Ayr fan he wasn't having it. 

Aye that's what I thought, it was pleasing to see. Was down the lower tier so getting a close up of them was a particular highlight. Especially when the offside goal went in :lol: 

Hi lads, I was fairly young when Dubordeux (Spelling is wrong) played in goal for you. I remember him being at Dens and playing second fiddle to an utter shite Derek Soutar. I always thought he was half decent for you lot. Anyone got any memories?

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hi lads, I was fairly young when Dubordeux (Spelling is wrong) played in goal for you. I remember him being at Dens and playing second fiddle to an utter shite Derek Soutar. I always thought he was half decent for you lot. Anyone got any memories?

Shite.  Absolutely shite. 

You're probably getting mixed up with his time at Motherwell, when he always seemed to be half decent. I'm sure he was man of the match when they beat Celtic and Rangers at home in 2002/03.

His Rugby Park highlight came when he was playing against us for Motherwell. He came to catch a cross and then for some reason decided to elbow Craig Dargo in the face while holding the ball. He got sent off and we scored the penalty to win the game 1-0.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Always thought he was a half decent shot stopper, but he had a pathological fear of coming off his line.

So basically, aye, he was shite. The dark days post Gordon Marshall and pre Alan Combe where he had him, Meldrum and Greame Smith - all varying degrees of shite.