The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

What annoyed me was the feeling from some Killie fans that the reason the red was upheld was because of Collum. It wouldn’t have mattered who the ref was, that was the point I was trying to get across (badly, it seems).

Don't agree to be honest it wouldn't make sense for them to put him in for the most high-profile game and then the next day admit he had made a blunder.

Tshibola : I've got unfinished business at Killie

Aaron Tshibola feels like he has unfinished business at Kilmarnock after returning on a season-long loan deal from Aston Villa.

The 23-year-old is reunited with Steve Clarke once more after helping Killie achieve our record points total in the three points for a win era during 2017/18.

Tshibola has arrived for a second loan spell at Rugby Park following his January move last term and he explained why he was so determined to come back to Ayrshire.

He said: "It feels great to be back here at Kilmarnock and I can’t wait to get started again.

"We had a great end to last season and it felt like I had unfinished business with Kilmarnock so it feels right to come back.

"We’ve got a great bunch of lads in the changing room as well as a great manager and coaching staff. I know there are a few new faces but knowing so many of the players from last year means that I don’t need to do much settling back in.

"I played in some great games last season and I feel like there’s a lot more to come from me."

Making 14 appearances in total, Aaron scored his only Killie goal to date in the 4-0 Scottish Cup win over Brora Rangers with his form leading to international recognition with DR Congo. 

He added: "The team were already performing well and competing for the top six when I arrived in January so now I’ve arrived at the start and I want to play as many games as possible.

"I want to make my mark in the league and help the team to achieve even more."

I had a bit of sympathy for Collum to begin with; from the angle he saw it , it did look a bad one.

Which partially explained his over zealous attempt ito get his red card out before contact had even been made.  

But how anyone, let alone a panel of supposed experts can find any malice in that tackle after seeing the other angles is beyond belief.

I honestly expected Collum to put his hands up and admit his understandable mistake, but instead we lose one of our top players for two more games due to arrogance or cowardice.

As someone already said, it's little wonder that appeals rarely come from teams other than The Rangers and Celtic.

That's an outrageous decision.

While you can genuinely see why Collum could think it was a red from his angle at the time, with the benefit of cameras you can clearly see that there's absolutely no chance it's a red card. I think it's borderline whether it even merits a yellow. It's absolutely scandalous, even more so when you consider recent decisions to overturn reds or hand out no punishment for far worse.

A poor red but I've seen them given, the hearts player rolling about didn't help matters.  A yellow and a word in his ear should have been sufficient.

But some ye get and some ye don't.

16 minutes ago, BlueKillie said:

True I forgot he was this window and not in the spew of contract extensions before the ends of the season.

i also forgot about Ndjoli too.

I reckon we are stronger as a squad than this time last year. 

Tshibola : I've got unfinished business at Killie
Aaron Tshibola feels like he has unfinished business at Kilmarnock after returning on a season-long loan deal from Aston Villa.
The 23-year-old is reunited with Steve Clarke once more after helping Killie achieve our record points total in the three points for a win era during 2017/18.
Tshibola has arrived for a second loan spell at Rugby Park following his January move last term and he explained why he was so determined to come back to Ayrshire.
He said: "It feels great to be back here at Kilmarnock and I can’t wait to get started again.
"We had a great end to last season and it felt like I had unfinished business with Kilmarnock so it feels right to come back.

"We’ve got a great bunch of lads in the changing room as well as a great manager and coaching staff. I know there are a few new faces but knowing so many of the players from last year means that I don’t need to do much settling back in.
"I played in some great games last season and I feel like there’s a lot more to come from me."
Making 14 appearances in total, Aaron scored his only Killie goal to date in the 4-0 Scottish Cup win over Brora Rangers with his form leading to international recognition with DR Congo. 
He added: "The team were already performing well and competing for the top six when I arrived in January so now I’ve arrived at the start and I want to play as many games as possible.

"I want to make my mark in the league and help the team to achieve even more."

Has any footballer, ever, in the history of the game, finished their business?

14 hours ago, killiekranky said:

I had a bit of sympathy for Collum to begin with; from the angle he saw it , it did look a bad one.

Which partially explained his over zealous attempt ito get his red card out before contact had even been made.  

But how anyone, let alone a panel of supposed experts can find any malice in that tackle after seeing the other angles is beyond belief.

I honestly expected Collum to put his hands up and admit his understandable mistake, but instead we lose one of our top players for two more games due to arrogance or cowardice.

As someone already said, it's little wonder that appeals rarely come from teams other than The Rangers and Celtic.

What has malice got to do with it?  You clearly don't know the rules of the game.  It was a potential leg breaker, straight footed lunge, over the ball, studs showing.  The Hearts lad was lucky his foot wasn't planted otherwise it could have been a career ender.

5 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

What has malice got to do with it?  You clearly don't know the rules of the game.  It was a potential leg breaker, straight footed lunge, over the ball, studs showing.  The Hearts lad was lucky his foot wasn't planted otherwise it could have been a career ender.

Oh calm down.  You probably cry when you get a paper cut.

19 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

:lol: