The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I maybe see 2-3 games a year due to work, coaching etc and generally I'm delighted to find a fixture i can go to.

At this stage im looking at the tynecastle fixture thinking its a waste of a ticket. Locke has had an ample budget judging by his signings. Whilst I'm keen on boyd, findlay (who will come good) and mcdonald, he's somehow managed to turn a tricky situation with the squad he inherited into an untenable one by signing champ cast offs and blockers, rather than the passing players he stated he wanted for 'the killie way'. Having watched highlights I've seen one good passing move this year (which is difficult to judge) but i could see us going winless for at least another month. By which stage we could be fecked.

Change is needed. Now.

If Killie sign Ian Black as well I'll pish my frillies.

At the Ross County pre season soirée, somebody said that Ian Black had been offered a trial at County and at ICT but he wanted part time football. I realise there's not much difference between playing for Gary Locke and part time football, but still, I'd think they'll dodge that particular bullet.

Edited by Savage Henry

I actually feel a bit sorry for Killie fans now. Imagine wasting money on proven dross like Scott Robinson, Kevin McHattie, Stevie Smith etc.

The baffling thing is that Locke's only mitigation in our mostly woeful relegation season was - he argued - that the squad he had simply wasn't good enough even to compete. Now he's got 5 of the same players from that squad and they aren't even the decent ones (aside from McDonald and possibly Carrick who now seems to be a crock). Utterly mind-boggling.

NGoo :thumsup2

N'Goo was signed under Johnston. However Locke was the assistant manager by that point so you're probably right in saying that the N'Goo transfer was his grand idea. Wouldn't have surprised me if Locke tried to persuade Colin Cameron to join us after the Berwick Rangers cup game.

What's the sudden obsession Killie now have with handing out 3 year deals? I thought a 3 year deal for big Josh was bad, but then the board thought why not take it a step further and give one to Locke! Then Locke has been given freedom to dish out 3 year deals here there and everywhere.

Ian Black rumoured as well. Ian Black and Jamie Hamill in the same midfield with O'Hara and Slater on the bench would just about complete this shitemare.

Some of the information that came out at the board meeting is very, very worrying indeed. Far more worrying than Gary Locke's managerial tenure.

*Shameless plug* - we talk about it on the new podcast, but it's also out there if people want to find it.

https://soundcloud.com/oneteaminayrshire/otia-6-coughing-hotel-deals-and-dodgy-tactics

Very little on here (unless I've missed it) about Greg Kilties turning down a new deal.

Not surprising. The work of our 'board' since May has been an absolute clusterfuck.

Very little on here (unless I've missed it) about Greg Kilties turning down a new deal.

Apparently from what I've heard, he's waiting to see if an English side make a move for him (Derby scouts were recently watching him). Yet again as QLP says the board haven't been covering themselves in much glory at the moment.

Apparently from what I've heard, he's waiting to see if an English side make a move for him (Derby scouts were recently watching him). Yet again as QLP says the board haven't been covering themselves in much glory at the moment.

Derby are c***s. Maybe it's time they actually paid their feeder club a decent fee.

Says he's happy to sign as long as a deal is sorted out. So basically shite contract on offer and we need to up it.

Why do we scrimp on offering our young talents a new deal. In recent years we've lost Muirhead who's benchwarming at Dundee united. From what i heard MJ was haggling over 30 odd quid a week. Kennedy who's benchwarming at Cardiff. Don't even know if he was even offered a deal.

Now we've got Kiltie, Slater, Splaine, Ohara who will all become quality players imo. Only Ohara has signed a new deal.

Shameless plug for our new podcast: which looks back at the Dundee United win; looks ahead to Killie v St Johnstone/Hearts; and has a special look at the first competition winners in Killie's history. There's a lot about that side that I didn't know ahead of doing the days of research (shockingly little on the internet about that side, so newspaper archives were thoroughly trawled) so should be of interest to all Killie fans and maybe even fans of Scottish football in general.

https://soundcloud.com/oneteaminayrshire/king-mchattie

• 2 weeks later...

A question for Kilmarnock fans as I have a deadline tomorrow and there doesn't seem to be any information available on this anywhere...

Does anyone have Date (or Year) of birth info and an accurate position (i.e. 'Left back' rather than just defender) for the following Killie u20 players...

Taylor Queen
Mark Dempster
Lewis Clark
Lewis Morrison
Scott McLean
Andrew Sibbald
I'm lacking a Kilmarnock researcher for FM16 and if I don't get this info these guys won't be in the game.