The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Marius Zaliukas is having a medical with killie

I think Kilmarnock offer to McGregor and Wright than Kilmarnock let Barbour and Syme go look new club with Loan deal.

If true about Zaliukas that's a ridiculous panic buy. We have 5 or 6 who can competently play at centre half but no right backs.

Wright has gone to Dumbarton and Barbour and Syme can go permanently never mind on loan.

Nobody seems to be talking about the midfield problem. We need a holding central midfielder somebody in front of the back four and another to supply Boyd. It's one thing to having attacking midfielders, Kiltie, McKenzie and Higginbotham but we need someone who can tackle. We have got O'Hara but who else. Maybe Slater when fit.

Nobody seems to be talking about the midfield problem. We need a holding central midfielder somebody in front of the back four and another to supply Boyd. It's one thing to having attacking midfielders, Kiltie, McKenzie and Higginbotham but we need someone who can tackle. We have got O'Hara but who else. Maybe Slater when fit.

Give Splaine a shot... I know him and am sure he'd play the position...

The team should be a 4-3-3/4-5-1 in my opinion.

You have a central midfield trio of Ohara, Splaine and Slater for example. Guys who can pass, are fit and agile and will run all day. Have Ohara as your sitting midfielder, he bridges the gap between defence and midfield that has been so obvious every game this season. You also have height from Splaine and Ohara. If injuries come then you can play Robinson when fit or Hamill.

Your front 3 could then be 2 of Mckenzie/Tope/Higginbotham/Magennis/Kiltie/Johnston then Boyd up top.

Locke is stuck in the dark ages of a flat 4-4-2. 2 CMs who get overrun.

The team should be a 4-3-3/4-5-1 in my opinion.

You have a central midfield trio of Ohara, Splaine and Slater for example. Guys who can pass, are fit and agile and will run all day. Have Ohara as your sitting midfielder, he bridges the gap between defence and midfield that has been so obvious every game this season. You also have height from Splaine and Ohara. If injuries come then you can play Robinson when fit or Hamill.

Your front 3 could then be 2 of Mckenzie/Tope/Higginbotham/Magennis/Kiltie/Johnston then Boyd up top.

Locke is stuck in the dark ages of a flat 4-4-2. 2 CMs who get overrun.

We've been playing a 4-2-3-1 so far this season apart from Saturday.

We've been playing a 4-2-3-1 so far this season apart from Saturday.

Was 4231 against County to the best of my understanding. McKenzie was in the hole with Magennis wide right and Higginbotham left. I suppose McKenzie is more of a forward than midfielder so I see where you're coming from.

Edited by bunglebonce

Was 4231 against County to the best of my understanding. McKenzie was in the hole with Magennis wide right and Higginbotham left. I suppose McKenzie is more of a forward than midfielder so I see where you're coming from.

Sorry. Should have elaborated on my Saturday point. At half time we went 4-4-2 was what I was saying. Worked well didn't it?

Slater made a big difference, he's such a classy player and he barely wasted a pass. Boyd led the line really well too, his hold up play and flicks and passes round the corner were very good, and he could easily have had a hat-trick. I think the shape is much better with two natural wingers like McKenzie and Kiltie.

It was also great to see us sticking Westlake in his strongest position - sitting on the bench doing f**k all.