The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

How long do we give Locke before we act? Can't remeber a shot on target. Can only really remember one shot off target. If that is the gulf between us and Dundee then we are doomed for Championship football.

Not sure what the game plan was but it didn't look like we had one. We looked just as clueless as we did in the last game of the season, if not, worse. I see no improvement, in fact, we may even have gone back the way.

The early signs were there. MacDonald had to make 4 or 5 stops in the fiirst 20 mins before the number 7 who we refused to pick up, fired one in the top corner. Even after that we refused to mark him for the rest of the game!

I'll stop my rant now but I don't see anyone else in the league being worse after that performance on Sat.

How long do we give Locke before we act? Can't remeber a shot on target. Can only really remember one shot off target. If that is the gulf between us and Dundee then we are doomed for Championship football.

Not sure what the game plan was but it didn't look like we had one. We looked just as clueless as we did in the last game of the season, if not, worse. I see no improvement, in fact, we may even have gone back the way.

The early signs were there. MacDonald had to make 4 or 5 stops in the fiirst 20 mins before the number 7 who we refused to pick up, fired one in the top corner. Even after that we refused to mark him for the rest of the game!

I'll stop my rant now but I don't see anyone else in the league being worse after that performance on Sat.

More than one game.

It's a looong way to go to try to gauge the rest of the season.

But the amount of space Stewart, Harkins and Ross had in front of the Killie back four was ridiculous.

I'd say I can't imagine Locke getting it that wrong for long, but I saw him repeatedly make that mistake at Hearts. Killie will get mauled if they leave that space in the next two to three fixtures, which is why I think they won't - they'll tighten up because they have to.

Edited by bunglebonce

4-2-3-1 Formation.

However, Steven Smith was pushed forward most of the game into left midfield. Findlay was forced to cover left back which left a huge hole between our centre halves. The player playing in front of Smith was Chris Johnston who didn't track back or offer support so that meant th left hand side of our team was horrifically weak, (where did the majority of goals/attacks come from?).

Our sitting defensive midfielders were Hammill and Robinson. Jamie is far too slow for this role, particularly against such an expansive midfield, they just passed around him and he looked like a headless chicken. Scott looked like he could play in that role but their midfield was far too strong for him with no real support.

The 3 behind the striker. Chris Johnston as mentioned was completely ineffectual and didn't offer anything in attack, (in fact he kept running towards the ball rather than into space), and he was less than useless in defence.

Josh was completely wasted on the wing. We could have used his strength behind Boyd but instead we expected Kris to win the ball himself 30 yards from goal.

Higginbotham looked good and I would have liked to have seen him swapped with Josh where I think he would have gotten more space to do some damage.

Boyd was a lonely figure and strayed offside too often.

Half time changes. O'Hara looked strong and tackled well and should have started. McKenzie was industrious and should have started. Carrick was poor.

The caveat to all this is that Dundee were brilliant and we would probably still have been beaten if these changes were applied. (But perhaps not humiliated).

Looks like Killie will struggle badly under Locke as we did under Marko, don't leave it too late to change things.

We went for years without a "proper" manager and look at the state of us now. Hopefully we have turned the corner.

Never do it on the cheap.

New season and a summer to pull his own team together. Would be very harsh.

Also expensive...

If it was just a defeat then I'd agree with you. It was a humiliation by a relatively newly promoted team. Tactics were horrific for the games we lost last season and it was clear, even from just one game, that nothing has changed this season. The tactics and player choices on Saturday were an absolute joke. Locke made so many mistakes it was staggering. He has shown absolutely nothing in the last 12 games to prove why he should keep his job.