The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

35 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

There is a player in there somewhere and the opinions of me and my friends a few months back, after he was dropped, was “Why… he I was quite good, maybe okay, but better than Donnelly for sure”.

But our whole team is in bad form so he might be undeservedly tarnished by that. But I agree, think he needs to play regularly for his his ability to come through. Not sure he will get a chance at Killie though. This season anyway…..

Aye I do agree, I’ve probably been a bit harsh on McInroy. Every game this season seems to feel like we are under major pressure in terms of the league standings so every error or defeat feel crucial and as a result the players get blamed. I reckon if we could pick up a few wins and were a bit more comfortable you would see him settling down.

7 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I never ask for much in life, but I would very much like for the Gods of fitba (whoever they may be) to at least not send us home at 5PM today feeling despondent and bottom of the league. Yes, when I do ask, it's always for a lot...

Team delivered today.

47 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

There is a player in there somewhere and the opinions of me and my friends a few months back, after he was dropped, was “Why… he I was quite good, maybe okay, but better than Donnelly for sure”.

Man of the match Liam Donnelly you mean?

10 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Man of the match Liam Donnelly you mean?

Point taken, he was good today, as reports suggest. I wasn’t there today though.
My comparison was more about McInroys dropping earlier in the season, where we thought Del preferred Donnelly to McInroy. We thought otherwise.
Both would benefit from a long run in the first team I think.

Edited by NFL12

47 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

Point taken, he was good today, as reports suggest. I wasn’t there today though.
My comparison was more about McInroys dropping earlier in the season, where we thought Del preferred Donnelly to McInroy. We thought otherwise.
Both would benefit from a long run in the first team I think.

I was being tongue in cheek tbh, was quite surprised he picked up the award today and I really like McInroy.

There's been a few strange selection issues over the season already, McInroy's seeming inability to get in the team in a consistent position that suits him is one of them.

On another note btw, thought young Wales had a great cameo late on. First I've seen him.

19 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I never ask for much in life, but I would very much like for the Gods of fitba (whoever they may be) to at least not send us home at 5PM today feeling despondent and bottom of the league. Yes, when I do ask, it's always for a lot...

Prayers answered :)

18 hours ago, Estragon said:

I was being tongue in cheek tbh, was quite surprised he picked up the award today and I really like McInroy.

There's been a few strange selection issues over the season already, McInroy's seeming inability to get in the team in a consistent position that suits him is one of them.

On another note btw, thought young Wales had a great cameo late on. First I've seen him.

Wales threatened Hibs more in one 5 second burst than Cameron did the whole game. 

20 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Wales threatened Hibs more in one 5 second burst than Cameron did the whole game. 

Without a doubt. We need to see a lot more of him after the break - Wales and Warnock are scoring for fun with the reserves and they surely offer more of a threat than Cameron. I've said it before in that with Cameron being a Killie fan we all want to see him do well and push on to the next level, but after all this time it's plain for all to see that he's just not good enough to be a consistent Premiership player. I'll give him his credit, he was very good in the LC against Hearts and won us the game, but that's been the exception to the rule for his career in the stripes thus far. 

Hopefully after the break we see a more consistent team and shape, with the selection tombola being put in the bin. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully if this comes off it'll see grass return at RP.

CONSULTATION BEGINS ON PLANS TO DEVELOP ‘BOWIE PARK TRAINING FACILITY’

A public consultation process has been launched to progress the proposed development of a training complex that is being led by Director of Kilmarnock Football Club, Billy Bowie. 

The Bowie Park Training Facility proposal is being scoped with a view to creating a dedicated club training ground where Kilmarnock’s men’s, women’s and academy teams can develop within the same purpose-built environment.

Funded by Billy Bowie, the proposal includes the creation of two five-a-sideand two full-size pitches – one with an accompanying 500-seat stand – alongside a two-floor training facility building which features a gym, changing rooms, canteen / seminar room, offices and a players’ lounge.

Proposed designs have been drawn up with a vision of streamlining the club’s pathway from the academies to the first-team squads by enabling teams of all levels to train in close proximity. The complex is also set to provide a permanent home for Kilmarnock Women and the academy, with potential to evolve the 500-seat stand in the future.

The project will see significant development to the proposed site located East of the A77 between Kilmarnock and Crookedholm. Close to the town centre, the location has been hand-picked to enhance integration opportunities with the community by ensuring that day-to-day training, across all levels of the club, remains in the local area for the long-term future.

Setting out his vision, Billy Bowie stated: “Bringing first-team training back into the local area at Rugby Park has been integral in strengthening the connection between the team and our community in recent years. The next stage of our vision is to build a bespoke training facility, at the heart of our homeland, where our first-team and academy squads can develop side-by-side on a daily basis.

“The facility will lay the foundations to continue the club’s long-term growth, from grassroots level upwards, to ensure that we’re consistently progressing in the top-flight of Scottish football, in addition to competing in European competitions on a regular basis in years to come.”

Derek McInnes, Manager of Kilmarnock Football Club, added: “The proposal demonstrates the ambition of Billy and the Directors, which was one of the main factors in committing my own future to the club.

“Purpose-built training facilities support the nurturing of academy and first-team talent, in addition to strengthening a reputation that will help to attract and retain a certain calibre of player. It’s important that those players feel connected to the community, and a dedicated club base in the town will enhance engagement opportunities with future generations who will go on to wear the blue and white stripes.”

Was rumoured a while ago so it's great to see club are serious. Had no training facilities for bout 15 years since the hotel was built so should hopefully get us building again.  

If it goes ahead i'd expect a return to grass which will be great but the lack of seethe from the other clubs will be gutting 

I’m slightly concerned about the potential for funding this coming away from our playing budget as I do think the next couple of years should be about consolidating in the top flight.  However I do understand that the club are looking to grow long term and projects like this do give me great belief in the board.

Its worth mentioning that all the work going on around RP with the changes to the Moffat, the disabled section and the memorial garden outside have all cost the club a considerable amount of money and the investment from the owner and directors isn’t to be sniffed at.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m slightly concerned about the potential for funding this coming away from our playing budget as I do think the next couple of years should be about consolidating in the top flight.  However I do understand that the club are looking to grow long term and projects like this do give me great belief in the board.

Its worth mentioning that all the work going on around RP with the changes to the Moffat, the disabled section and the memorial garden outside have all cost the club a considerable amount of money and the investment from the owner and directors isn’t to be sniffed at.

Disabled section was trust money. 
Hes no gonna be putting all the cash up front it’ll be Loans.

Club budget isn’t based on bowie putting money in anyway it should be based on how the club performs. Highest season tickets for 20 years and record merch sales suggest budget won’t be cut much. 

3 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Disabled section was trust money. 
Hes no gonna be putting all the cash up front it’ll be Loans.

Club budget isn’t based on bowie putting money in anyway it should be based on how the club performs. Highest season tickets for 20 years and record merch sales suggest budget won’t be cut much. 

I don’t necessarily think the current budget would be cut but may just stop it going up by as much. However that is short term thinking on my part and overall I know this is a positive move from the club.

• 3 weeks later...