The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

10 hours ago, Lex said:

What problems in East Ayrshire. Star striker correctly serving a long term suspension for disgusting bigotry and then beaten by St Johnstone and Livingston consecutively.
Is Del the right man to save Kilmarnock from a return to the second tier?
If Kilmarnock were to be relegated again, would they make it back up?

Careful now, or you'll have Killie fans calling you a weirdo for pointing out their squad isn't very good.

They'd better hope Armstrong doesnt get injured, without him they'd have barely scored this season.

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Even if you take out all of Armstrong's goals, we've still scored more than St Mirren this season.

I know the schools arent very good in East Ayrshire but even a cursory glance at the table shows we have scored 12 to Killie's 11. Armstrong has either scored or assisted them all I believe, apart from the bigot v Hearts. Without him you are fecked.

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

I'm sure Killie fans are now even more convinced we should have kept Del at AFC

He is still probably the best manager we could get at the time, and I can't see us replacing him with anyone who is guaranteed to be better; but I am coming round to the notion of our next manager being untried and untested, as the converse isn't working for us.

I must say that I was very underwhelmed (albeit disinterestedly) with the second, third and fourth Orc-free seasons of his reign, where you guys conspicuously failed to get closer to Celtic in any way; so he was never the Messiah for me.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I must say that I was very underwhelmed (albeit disinterestedly) with the second, third and fourth Orc-free seasons of his reign, where you guys conspicuously failed to get closer to Celtic in any way; so he was never the Messiah for me.

That was his chance to shine, but he couldn't do f**k all.

Over-hyped charlaton that screwed the sheep out of millions, although that could be viewed as a positive.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That was his chance to shine, but he couldn't do f**k all.

Over-hyped charlaton that screwed the sheep out of millions, although that could be viewed as a positive.

Thank you.

To be fair, the fact that Killie have 12 points so far is probably down to McInnes having the side fairly well organised. With the squad they have, that points tally is definitely overachieving.

Of course, it is on McInnes that the squad is so poor in the first place, even though Killie fans for some reason like to blame Tommy Wright.

On 24/10/2022 at 00:30, Andy_K_97 said:

This is becoming far too tedious, so onwards and upwards.

Great win yesterday and over the past month the form has definitely taken an upturn - actually having speed in the team is helping, and yesterday showed that we can grind out results. Yes, County might not have been at their best by any means but what matters is that we held the nerve and got 3 points. While the home form under McInnes is very good we now need to start replicating that away from home and I can think of no better game coming up than McDiarmid on Saturday to do so. Time will tell how much Lafferty is missed in the first team, but if we can keep the current form going up until the WC break and sign a couple of new players as well as offload some dross at the start of January then we'll be absolutely fine.

Trying to lift the spirits a wee bit before tomorrow by quoting this post and reminding everyone that it was only a short time ago that we were saying we looked a lot better.

Feel like we could just as easily be sitting in April thinking "fucking hell are we stuck with Armstrong for two more years". Obviously absolutely flying just now, but it could be a purple patch. A genuinely tough one for the club though, if they didn't offer him something he could have ended up slipping through our fingers like so many others of late.

Has Kerr McInroy had much of a look in this season? Was genuinely curious to see how he handled the step up to the top flight. He’s had a fairly quick rise considering he started last season in League One with Airdrie.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Has Kerr McInroy had much of a look in this season? Was genuinely curious to see how he handled the step up to the top flight. He’s had a fairly quick rise considering he started last season in League One with Airdrie.

Have you seen the state of our results + he can’t even get a regular start in this team = do the maths.

Edited by Sortmeout

17 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Trying to lift the spirits a wee bit before tomorrow by quoting this post and reminding everyone that it was only a short time ago that we were saying we looked a lot better.

I never ask for much in life, but I would very much like for the Gods of fitba (whoever they may be) to at least not send us home at 5PM today feeling despondent and bottom of the league. Yes, when I do ask, it's always for a lot...

Have you seen the state of our results + he can’t even get a regular start in this team = do the maths.

Can’t say I’ve ever bothered to check what lineups Kilmarnock are putting out every week.

I did think at the time that he should’ve either stayed at Ayr or went somewhere where he’d play regularly.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t say I’ve ever bothered to check what lineups Kilmarnock are putting out every week.

I did think at the time that he should’ve either stayed at Ayr or went somewhere where he’d play regularly.

There is a player in there somewhere and the opinions of me and my friends a few months back, after he was dropped, was “Why… he I was quite good, maybe okay, but better than Donnelly for sure”.

But our whole team is in bad form so he might be undeservedly tarnished by that. But I agree, think he needs to play regularly for his his ability to come through. Not sure he will get a chance at Killie though. This season anyway…..

Edited by NFL12