The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

2 minutes ago, Paxo said:

As such, the behaviour of the Celtic fans in the picture I posted is relevant to the wider debate.

What behaviour though, that's the question I'm asking. There is nothing offensive or discriminatory about that banner.

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Yes and it’s kinda embarrassing you’d be asking me that 

Just accept what he did was wrong without trying to twist it 

Deleting the rest of my post - ie. the bit where I said:

24 minutes ago, Paxo said:

I'm of the opinion that Lafferty should be severely punished

does you no favours.

But I'm glad we agree that the Celtic fans responsible for that display should have been banned for 10 games 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What behaviour though, that's the question I'm asking. There is nothing offensive or discriminatory about that banner.

Come on man. Did you spot the use of the word f*nian there? You'll note that I had to bypass the swear filter to post that word, such is the level of social acceptability of it.

You would presumably then be happy with a banner across the Moffat Stand tomorrow with the word NIGG*R, provided it was a couple of black guys holding it?

Please.

20 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Were you kicking up f**k when the following occured, if not, why?....

On 30 October 2014, Tonev was given a seven-match ban for "using abusive language of a racist nature". Celtic confirmed that they would appeal the decision, as they believe him to be innocent. Tonev then lost his appeal and Celtic decided not to take the matter any further.

🤣🤣🤣

It still took till the 27th Aug 2015, 10 months later, before they decided to move Tonev on.

IIRC the world's self-styled greatest fans spent the next two seasons or more booing the victim of racist abuse in question for reporting it. I wouldn't expect anything else, of course.

20 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Kilmarnock FC player receives a 10 game ban for using bigoted language 

Posters on here:

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

You should be banned 

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

KIlmarnock fans discuss Kilmarnock player on Kilmarnock thread. Celtic fan who whines about sectarianism (while ignoring that perpetrated by his own side) on every thread in which he appears does so once again. Well f**k me sideways, what a surprise.

As I've read your posts on the politics board, I can see that you're one of the small minority of Celtic fans who actually isn't too thick to be a hypocrite.

Edited by Bad Wolf

17 minutes ago, Paxo said:

Come on man. Did you spot the use of the word f*nian there? You'll note that I had to bypass the swear filter to post that word, such is the level of social acceptability of it.

You would presumably then be happy with a banner across the Moffat Stand tomorrow with the word NIGG*R, provided it was a couple of black guys holding it?

Please.

The reason neither word is allowed through an automated swear filter on a website is because it is commonly used to target minority groups online. If the word "fe**an" wasn't filtered on here it would be used by some people to insult Catholics (or people perceived to be Catholics) in a similar way to how Kyle Lafferty used it.

If the same word is used by members of that same minority group, this is clearly not discriminatory. If a group of black Killie fans held up a banner which used that word, then it clearly wouldn't be racist in any way, so I can't see why anyone would find that offensive?

21 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

KIlmarnock fans discuss Kilmarnock player on Kilmarnock thread. Celtic fan who whines about sectarianism (while ignoring that perpetrated by his own side) on every thread in which he appears does so once again. Well f**k me sideways, what a surprise.

As I've read your posts on the politics board, I can see that you're one of the small minority of Celtic fans who actually isn't too thick to be a hypocrite.

“Whines” 

Good grief 

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

This has got nothing to do with Celtic, but some people on here sure do try to make it about Celtic as a good way to deflect 

53 minutes ago, Paxo said:

But I'm glad we agree that the Celtic fans responsible for that display should have been banned for 10 games

What on earth are you talking about?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The reason neither word is allowed through an automated swear filter on a website is because it is commonly used to target minority groups online. If the word "fe**an" wasn't filtered on here it would be used by some people to insult Catholics (or people perceived to be Catholics) in a similar way to how Kyle Lafferty used it.

If the same word is used by members of that same minority group, this is clearly not discriminatory. If a group of black Killie fans held up a banner which used that word, then it clearly wouldn't be racist in any way, so I can't see why anyone would find that offensive?

😂 What? I'm sure Police Scotland would share your view, why not test them.

Enjoy your night man. 

14 hours ago, Clown Job said:

What on earth are you talking about?

Your agreement below:

16 hours ago, Paxo said:

By that token, I think the Celtic banner group should have been dealt with in the same way.

Do you agree with that?

15 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Yes and it’s kinda embarrassing you’d be asking me that 

On 22/10/2022 at 09:12, Clown Job said:

No

But it’s impressive the lengths you’re are going to avoid the main issue being a Kilmarnock employee 

Equally amazing how a Celtic fan attempts to sweep under the carpet the fact the vast majority of your clubs fan base are just as bigoted as Lafferty.

Edited by C4mmy31

This is becoming far too tedious, so onwards and upwards.

Great win yesterday and over the past month the form has definitely taken an upturn - actually having speed in the team is helping, and yesterday showed that we can grind out results. Yes, County might not have been at their best by any means but what matters is that we held the nerve and got 3 points. While the home form under McInnes is very good we now need to start replicating that away from home and I can think of no better game coming up than McDiarmid on Saturday to do so. Time will tell how much Lafferty is missed in the first team, but if we can keep the current form going up until the WC break and sign a couple of new players as well as offload some dross at the start of January then we'll be absolutely fine.

What problems in East Ayrshire. Star striker correctly serving a long term suspension for disgusting bigotry and then beaten by St Johnstone and Livingston consecutively.
Is Del the right man to save Kilmarnock from a return to the second tier?
If Kilmarnock were to be relegated again, would they make it back up?