You should be banned 

Celtic

Celtic

Celtic

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Precedent set by other Scottish clubs.

47 minutes ago, Paxo said:

1100798346_download(3).jpeg.757c3bf15667a7fde9ff0cb5acb38295.jpeg

10 game ban for these little scamps in my opinion. @Clown Job must have been beeling seeing this when he was at the game...

Were you at this game, Clown?

This has f**k all relevance here - first of all supporters are not under the SFA's jurisdiction, but more specifically this is an entirely valid example of a group reclaiming a perjorative term.

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This has f**k all relevance here - first of all supporters are not under the SFA's jurisdiction, but more specifically this is an entirely valid example of a group reclaiming a perjorative term.

Mmmmmm, I'm really caught in two minds in this whole debacle. Lafferty has been an undoubted fuckwit, has been caught out by some glory seeking camera happy c***s and deserves some sort of punishment. Not sure when representing your country and away from your club results in 10 games harm to said club is right but hey ho.

If UEFA sanction/fine the bigot brothers for their choice of songs/banners in their competition then it's about time the SFA carry this forward,  hope that starts now and all other supporters (except that Hearts minority the other week) can enjoy a football match at home without sectarian bile from the opposition stand.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's absolutely relevant. The clubs are under the SFA's jurisdiction and they're responsible for the behaviour of their support. Just look at how UEFA deals with badly behaved fans - it fines the club. Just because the SFA are too much of a bunch of shitebags to do that doesn't somehow absolve them of their responsibility.

I'm simply trying to establish whether Clown was so offended when he saw this, as the Lafferty debacle clearly has him rattled.

1 hour ago, Paxo said:

I'm simply trying to establish whether Clown was so offended when he saw this, as the Lafferty debacle clearly has him rattled.

This you trying to catch me out in some sort of gotcha moment? 

You don’t have to be offended or rattled to believe a guy being caught using a slur should be getting binned by the club 

6 hours ago, Paxo said:

It's absolutely relevant. The clubs are under the SFA's jurisdiction and they're responsible for the behaviour of their support. Just look at how UEFA deals with badly behaved fans - it fines the club. Just because the SFA are too much of a bunch of shitebags to do that doesn't somehow absolve them of their responsibility.

Our clubs voted against it so the SFA don't have the mandate to issue fines or bans like UEFA does for example.

6 hours ago, Paxo said:

As mentioned above, Killie alongside nearly every other member of the SFA voted against a proposal which would have held clubs responsible for the actions of their supporters. The SFA's rules are proposed by and voted on by the clubs, and the clubs are the ones who did not want this.

I personally agree with Lafferty getting a ban as that’s the rules and I’ve had a couple of arguments and discussions with both Kilmarnock and non-Kilmarnock fans about this over the last few days.

However I see Ewan Murray tweeting today about Calum Slattery getting done for homophobic abuse so where is his 10 game ban? Or was his offence before these new rules were brought in?

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I personally agree with Lafferty getting a ban as that’s the rules and I’ve had a couple of arguments and discussions with both Kilmarnock and non-Kilmarnock fans about this over the last few days.

However I see Ewan Murray tweeting today about Calum Slattery getting done for homophobic abuse so where is his 10 game ban? Or was his offence before these new rules were brought in?

So the sectarian behaviour is being discriminated against relative to the homophobic behaviour.  Why can’t people behave with decency towards each other? Looks like we aren’t making much progress as a species.

3 minutes ago, andrewh said:

So the sectarian behaviour is being discriminated against relative to the homophobic behaviour.  Why can’t people behave with decency towards each other? Looks like we aren’t making much progress as a species.

When I was looking at the disciplinary rules that were used against Lafferty things like homophobia etc were mentioned so I would expect the same punishment.

ETA - Sorry homophobia not mentioned specifically but here is the outline of the rules.

3B9949AD-9E0C-4298-9DA3-52EA4BB97ADE.png

Edited by Sortmeout

6 hours ago, Clown Job said:

This you trying to catch me out in some sort of gotcha moment? 

You don’t have to be offended or rattled to believe a guy being caught using a slur should be getting binned by the club 

No gotcha, I'm just trying to establish whether you genuinely think the 'f' word is unacceptable or whether this is faux outrage based on who said it. If you're willing to condemn your own fans then that's fine, but you can't have it both ways.

For what it's worth, I'm of the opinion that Lafferty should be severely punished because I rightly or wrongly believe in a no tolerance approach to this type of language. By that token, I think the Celtic banner group should have been dealt with in the same way.

Do you agree with that?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

As mentioned above, Killie alongside nearly every other member of the SFA voted against a proposal which would have held clubs responsible for the actions of their supporters. The SFA's rules are proposed by and voted on by the clubs, and the clubs are the ones who did not want this.

No I get that, but it doesn't change the fact that the SFA (read: member organisations which prop up the SFA) should and could be doing something about it. 

I completely understand why clubs would vote against strict liability as it absolves them from retribution for events that aren't always within their control, but it's still utter shitebaggery.

The Rangers away support should be getting hammered with bans for their sectarian singing, the Motherwell away support should be getting hammered for their little ned posse that go round smashing up the towns they visit, etc etc.

Bad behaviour like this will never stop until there are consequences applied, which is presumably exactly the motivation for the SFA dishing out punishment to players for their own indiscretions - they want it to stop. It's not an unreasonable stretch to suggest that logic should be applied to supporters as well.

As such, the behaviour of the Celtic fans in the picture I posted is relevant to the wider debate.