The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

38 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He's quite good at hoodwinking clubs into thinking he is a good manager.

To be fair to him, he was apparently hamstrung by Tommy Wright signing loads of substandard players on long term contracts, meaning there was only enough budget left to sign aging past their best journeymen or youngsters on loan. Where they are is nothing to do with Derek.

13 minutes ago, Hendo said:

To be fair to him, he was apparently hamstrung by Tommy Wright signing loads of substandard players on long term contracts, meaning there was only enough budget left to sign aging past their best journeymen or youngsters on loan. Where they are is nothing to do with Derek.

I was just coming to tag you to say maybe you knew more than we gave you credit for. 

Still early days right enough.

Sad Cry GIF by Hollyoaks

15 hours ago, Hendo said:

I see you've fell into the same hole some of our support have their heads jammed in with this TW hangover nonsense. It's straw clutching.

Edited by C4mmy31

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, senorsoupe said:

Excellent 

That matches the ban Kirk Broadfoot got for being a bigot

Hopefully he’s played his last game of football in Scotland 

13 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Hopefully he’s played his last game of football in Scotland 

His 1st game back will be Celtic at Hampden. I'm sure you guys will have plenty to say that day.

Mind those P's & Q's thou lads, I'm sure you wouldn't wish to offend anyone.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

His 1st game back will be Celtic at Hampden. I'm sure you guys will have plenty to say that day.

Mind those P's & Q's thou lads, I'm sure you wouldn't wish to offend anyone.

Kilmarnock are happy to keep a bigot on the books?

Doesn't look good for the club tbh

I’ll assume the club doesn’t preach about being a inclusive family club that is welcome to all?

Hopefully the fans can put pressure on the club to make sure he never plays again 

The player has been punished and apologised, as long as he follows through on the anti-sectarianism charity work he has already agreed to do as part of his punishment from the club. I'm happy enough with that as long as it's taken seriously.

Did you pressure Celtic to sack Leigh Griffiths when he was caught on camera racially abusing Rudi Skacel?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Did you pressure Celtic to sack Leigh Griffiths when he was caught on camera racially abusing Rudi Skacel?

Yeah I wanted him binned and was very unhappy at the club 

Of course this isn’t about Leigh Griffiths or Celtic 

It’s about Kyle Laffery and Kilmarnock 

I do wonder though if peoples reactions would be the same if he said something anti semitic or racist

Just hope it doesn’t send out the wrong message from the club for sticking with him 

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Kilmarnock are happy to keep a bigot on the books?

Doesn't look good for the club tbh

I’ll assume the club doesn’t preach about being a inclusive family club that is welcome to all?

Hopefully the fans can put pressure on the club to make sure he never plays again 

Were you under a rock?

The club already made it clear they had concluded their investigation with a substantial fine and the order to work closely with Nil by Mouth, our youth players and the clubs Football for All initiative.

Hows about we pressure our club when the Glasgow 2 admit they also have problems, only theirs emenates from the stands..... Deal?

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Were you under a rock?

The club already made it clear they had concluded their investigation with a substantial fine and the order to work closely with Nil by Mouth, our youth players and the clubs Football for All initiative.

Hows about we pressure our club when the Glasgow 2 admit they also have problems, only theirs emenates from the stands..... Deal?

Without wanting to sound like a parrot this is nothing to do with Celtic or any other club other than Kilmarnock 

Can you not have a discussion about your player without pointing fingers elsewhere?

oh a fine and some community service

That’ll show him

Are you not disappointed as a Kilmarnock fan the guy hasn’t been binned for being a bigot?

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Yeah I wanted him binned and was very unhappy at the club 

Of course this isn’t about Leigh Griffiths or Celtic 

It’s about Kyle Laffery and Kilmarnock 

I do wonder though if peoples reactions would be the same if he said something anti semitic or racist

Just hope it doesn’t send out the wrong message from the club for sticking with him 

The only reason I asked about Griffiths was because you are a Celtic fan.

I have no issue with a player being punished in this way for a one-off comment under provocation, if he was a repeat offender or was targeting someone then my view would be very different.

There are players from a variety of different backgrounds at the club, including Catholics, so as long as they haven't raised any issues then I'm fine that it won't reflect badly on the club in any way. I'd understand if we did have people who felt differently about this from me, given that I'm not a religious person and haven't grown up in that environment of discrimination.

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

1. Without wanting to sound like a parrot this is nothing to do with Celtic or any other club other than Kilmarnock 

2. Can you not have a discussion about your player without pointing fingers elsewhere?

3. oh a fine and some community service

4. That’ll show him

5. Are you not disappointed as a Kilmarnock fan the guy hasn’t been binned for being a bigot?

1. Sweep, sweep, sweep.

2. Already covered in my 1st paragraph of my previous post.

3. Far more reaching than just "community service"

4. Hopefully it does and changes his mindset. Time will tell.

5. No, see point 4.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I have no issue with a player being punished in this way for a one-off comment under provocation,

Maybe it’s me but I can’t see any justifiable reason for anyone using that language. 

He’s 35, not some daft young boy.

As I said before I do wonder if attitudes would be different if it was an anti semitic or racist comment.

Im happy with the 10 game ban, but I just wouldn’t be happy seeing him play for my club again.