The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

21 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The point of my post was to highlight the faux outrage of @Clown Job at the news Killie didn't sack Lafferty when his own club did exactly the same with the  Guidetti incident.

We both know the rules have changed and Lafferty will recieve at least a 10 game ban if found guilty, he's already admitted that guilt in the statement Killie released.

As for a public statement that can only prejudice the case further against him until it's heard, no doubt he's been told to stay quite until then under legal advice.

I'll expect one once the SFA has dished out their punishment thou.

Oh please behave “faux outrage”

It’s not the fact they didn’t sack him, the statement they released was also very poor

Not even a “we condemn this language being used as Kilmarnock is a club open to everyone” 

Edited by Clown Job

"Kilmarnock are a club open to everyone, including those whose religious beliefs include treating the LGBT community as 2nd class citizens and denying women the right to control their own fertility"  Is that the kind of statement Kilmarnock should have issued ?

What the f**k are you bumbling on about?

While Lafferty is a moron I don't like this fad of going up to players and getting a pic with them, then belittling them and hoping that they react. A few Rangers 'fans' have done this with Lennon and Brown in the past.

If Killie were to sack Lafferty another club would just sign him on a free, so it makes no sense to sack him.

Any ban/punishment should take into account that he was on a night out and was provoked. 

The point of my post was to highlight the faux outrage of [mention=79671]Clown Job[/mention] at the news Killie didn't sack Lafferty when his own club did exactly the same with the  Guidetti incident.
We both know the rules have changed and Lafferty will recieve at least a 10 game ban if found guilty, he's already admitted that guilt in the statement Killie released.
As for a public statement that can only prejudice the case further against him until it's heard, no doubt he's been told to stay quite until then under legal advice.
I'll expect one once the SFA has dished out their punishment thou.

They're not even close to exactly the same thing though, for the exact reasons I pointed out.

Lafferty making a statement is not going to prejudice his case any more than Killie putting out a statement saying that he has accepted that he was wrong and that he has been fined.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They're not even close to exactly the same thing though, for the exact reasons I pointed out.

Lafferty making a statement is not going to prejudice his case any more than Killie putting out a statement saying that he has accepted that he was wrong and that he has been fined.

Craig, why do you think people are advised to go no comment when accused of a crime, it's standard legal procedure.

I for one wouldn't trust him not to dig himself into a bigger hole, he's not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to being tactful as per this situation he's already got himself and club into.

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Craig, why do you think people are advised to go no comment when accused of a crime, it's standard legal procedure.

I for one wouldn't trust him not to dig himself into a bigger hole, he's not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to being tactful as per this situation he's already got himself and club into.

He hasn't been accused of a crime, and there is no need for "standard legal procedure" to apply. It's on video, he has already admitted that he did it, the club have admitted that he did it, actually releasing something with his name on it would make zero difference. I can't see any way he's not going to be found guilty of this charge. And in terms of him digging himself into a hole, that is why the club employ a media team so that they can draft the statement with him and make sure that it isn't anything stupid.

51 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Do some research on the Catholic church son.  And less of the swearing, you're better than that.

I just wanted to check that you were indeed suggesting that you think Kilmarnock football club shouldn't be open to Catholics simply because some members of that faith discriminate against other groups, in a way that isn't even the policy of the church in Scotland. I wasn't convinced someone could be that stupid, and that I must have misinterpreted, but you appear to have confirmed that. I think compared to that, swearing is a fairly minor indiscretion, and one I'll keep doing for exactly this effect.

Edited by craigkillie

53 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He hasn't been accused of a crime, and there is no need for "standard legal procedure" to apply. It's on video, he has already admitted that he did it, the club have admitted that he did it, actually releasing something with his name on it would make zero difference. I can't see any way he's not going to be found guilty of this charge. And in terms of him digging himself into a hole, that is why the club employ a media team so that they can draft the statement with him and make sure that it isn't anything stupid.

I get what your saying.

I doubt the MSM will settle for a drawn up statement, they'll be trying to get direct quotes from him in the hope he makes a balls up, imagine how many column inches they could fill if he did.

I'm still convinced we'll hear nothing further from both the club and Lafferty till after the hearing process is completed.

36 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I get what your saying.

I doubt the MSM will settle for a drawn up statement, they'll be trying to get direct quotes from him in the hope he makes a balls up, imagine how many column inches they could fill if he did.

I'm still convinced we'll hear nothing further from both the club and Lafferty till after the hearing process is completed.

You talk as if he’s the real victim here and he’s being set up 

Del signs a new contract until 2026.

I've not been impressed with us under McInnes this season, but i think that's in large part due to the squad he inherited, with many out of contract at the end of this season, and still needing to work in the loan market.

With stability in both the backroom and managers position, we'll hopefully be able to do the hard work needed to recruit good players for two and three years deals. I trust McInnes to steer us right with a settled squad - while his time at Killie so far has been a bit patchy, a far better indicator is his long term managerial record, which is excellent.

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

Del signs a new contract until 2026.

I've not been impressed with us under McInnes this season, but i think that's in large part due to the squad he inherited, with many out of contract at the end of this season, and still needing to work in the loan market.

With stability in both the backroom and managers position, we'll hopefully be able to do the hard work needed to recruit good players for two and three years deals. I trust McInnes to steer us right with a settled squad - while his time at Killie so far has been a bit patchy, a far better indicator is his long term managerial record, which is excellent.

There had to be a longer range deal in the offing considering the half dozen new appointments and additional roles created behind the scenes with the majority all working with DM at previous clubs.

I get the impression he's been afforded the same free reign Steve Clarke was to revamp the club.

It must have been a no brainer for Del to sign the new deal when he has so much freedom and influence both on and off the pitch.