The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Kilmarnock Football Club has concluded its investigation into an alleged comment made by Kyle Lafferty which was circulated across social media via a video recording on Thursday, 22 September.

The club can confirm that Kyle regrets his actions and acknowledges that he has let down himself, his family, the club and the supporters.

Kilmarnock Football Club has subsequently taken internal action, including the serving of a substantial fine. The club has also engaged Scotland’s leading anti-sectarian charity, Nil By Mouth, which will work closely with Kyle on a one-to-one basis, in addition to delivering training to our first team squad and academy squad members, to provide education which the charity believes is key to tackling Sectarianism in society.

Kyle has also committed to supporting the club’s community projects which will see him participating in Nil by Mouth’s educational initiatives, in addition to serving Kilmarnock’s ‘Football for All’ programmes on a weekly basis for the foreseeable future.

A Notice of Complaint has now been served and received by the club from the Compliance Officer at the Scottish FA with regards to the player, Kyle Lafferty. This hearing will be heard on Thursday, 20 October 2022. The club will now focus on fully cooperating with the Scottish FA’s investigation.

Kilmarnock Football Club would like to thank Nil By Mouth for their ongoing support in this matter.

3 minutes ago, muirkirk nil said:

The club has also engaged Scotland’s leading anti-sectarian charity, Nil By Mouth, which will work closely with Kyle on a one-to-one basis, in addition to delivering training to our first team squad and academy squad members, to provide education which the charity believes is key to tackling Sectarianism in society.

Thus, one man's actions impacts on the entire first team squad, plus younger players. I'd be fuming at Lafferty if I had to listen to NbM delivering me training. 

46 minutes ago, muirkirk nil said:

Kilmarnock Football Club has concluded its investigation into an alleged comment made by Kyle Lafferty which was circulated across social media via a video recording on Thursday, 22 September.

The club can confirm that Kyle regrets his actions and acknowledges that he has let down himself, his family, the club and the supporters.

Kilmarnock Football Club has subsequently taken internal action, including the serving of a substantial fine. The club has also engaged Scotland’s leading anti-sectarian charity, Nil By Mouth, which will work closely with Kyle on a one-to-one basis, in addition to delivering training to our first team squad and academy squad members, to provide education which the charity believes is key to tackling Sectarianism in society.

Kyle has also committed to supporting the club’s community projects which will see him participating in Nil by Mouth’s educational initiatives, in addition to serving Kilmarnock’s ‘Football for All’ programmes on a weekly basis for the foreseeable future.

A Notice of Complaint has now been served and received by the club from the Compliance Officer at the Scottish FA with regards to the player, Kyle Lafferty. This hearing will be heard on Thursday, 20 October 2022. The club will now focus on fully cooperating with the Scottish FA’s investigation.

Kilmarnock Football Club would like to thank Nil By Mouth for their ongoing support in this matter.

Embarrassing from Kilmarnock, the guy should be out the door 

Edit: They can’t even acknowledge it was anti catholic 

Edited by Clown Job

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Embarrassing from Kilmarnock, the guy should be out the door 

People in glass houses eh !!

I'll expect the same outcome after the SFA hearing this time around to.

Celtic striker John Guidetti has escaped with a slap on the wrist from the SFA after using the word '****' in a Dutch TV interview.

The on-loan Swedish international had been cited by the governing body's compliance officer, Tony McGlennan, for 'making a comment of an offensive nature'.

Guidetti, whose conduct was described as 'incredibly naive' by Rangers manager Stuart McCall on BBC Radio Scotland on Thursday, got himself in hot water by repeating a song Celtic fans have sung about him since moving north from Manchester City for a year.

The song – which contains the line 'the **** are deid' - pokes fun at Rangers' liquidation in 2012.

Despite denying the charge, the 23-year-old was found to be in breach and censured. Celtic had backed him throughout the case.

Although no fine or suspension was imposed, the outcome will be seen as a warning for players that virtually any remarks about other clubs that are seen as derogatory are liable to result in a disciplinary charge.

Edited by C4mmy31

24 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

People in glass houses eh !!

I'll expect the same outcome from the SFA this time around to.

Celtic striker John Guidetti has escaped with a slap on the wrist from the SFA after using the word '****' in a Dutch TV interview.

The on-loan Swedish international had been cited by the governing body's compliance officer, Tony McGlennan, for 'making a comment of an offensive nature'.

Guidetti, whose conduct was described as 'incredibly naive' by Rangers manager Stuart McCall on BBC Radio Scotland on Thursday, got himself in hot water by repeating a song Celtic fans have sung about him since moving north from Manchester City for a year.

The song – which contains the line 'the **** are deid' - pokes fun at Rangers' liquidation in 2012.

Despite denying the charge, the 23-year-old was found to be in breach and censured. Celtic had backed him throughout the case.

Although no fine or suspension was imposed, the outcome will be seen as a warning for players that virtually any remarks about other clubs that are seen as derogatory are liable to result in a disciplinary charge.

Absolutely fantastic whataboutery 

image.gif.e4504853d101ea755cc8cbb07bd9badc.gif

Id love to know what that has to do with a Kilmarnock player being a bigot exactly?

Id be impressed if you can explain it without mentioning Celtic as it’s not a Celtic story either 

Bonus points if you can justify signing Kirk Broadfoot also 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Absolutely fantastic whataboutery 

image.gif.e4504853d101ea755cc8cbb07bd9badc.gif

Id love to know what that has to do with a Kilmarnock player being a bigot exactly?

Id be impressed if you can explain it without mentioning Celtic as it’s not a Celtic story either 

Bonus points if you can justify signing Kirk Broadfoot also 

Not a Celtc story, Aye nae bother.

A Swedish guy using a term that is barely sectarian at all and which he doesn't understand is definitely the same as a Northern Irish guy who has grown up in that culture using a very clearly discriminatory term.

I don't think Lafferty needed to be sacked here, given the circumstances of what happened, but I think he should have been required to make a public statement about it, including a very clear discussion of the impact that sort of language can have on people. Many of his teammates will be Catholic and it feels like it could be something that the club needed to address better.

Cove sign Jack Sanders on loan for the remainder of the season. Fairly happy with this acquisition, should do well for us.
Killie fans opinion on him would be welcome.

Lots of our fans seem to think he should be playing this season, but I think this is a vast overestimation of his ability. He's did alright for us at times last season, very raw but physically strong and reasonably mobile for a big lump. I'd guess he'll do well at Cove, but also wouldn't be surprised if he has a couple of disasters in games where teams are really having a go at him, something he basically didn't have to deal with at all last season.

52 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A Swedish guy using a term that is barely sectarian at all and which he doesn't understand is definitely the same as a Northern Irish guy who has grown up in that culture using a very clearly discriminatory term.

I don't think Lafferty needed to be sacked here, given the circumstances of what happened, but I think he should have been required to make a public statement about it, including a very clear discussion of the impact that sort of language can have on people. Many of his teammates will be Catholic and it feels like it could be something that the club needed to address better.

The point of my post was to highlight the faux outrage of @Clown Job at the news Killie didn't sack Lafferty when his own club did exactly the same with the  Guidetti incident.

We both know the rules have changed and Lafferty will recieve at least a 10 game ban if found guilty, he's already admitted that guilt in the statement Killie released.

As for a public statement that can only prejudice the case further against him until it's heard, no doubt he's been told to stay quite until then under legal advice.

I'll expect one once the SFA has dished out their punishment thou.

Edited by C4mmy31

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

The point of my post was to highlight the faux outrage of @Clown Job at the news Killie didn't sack Lafferty when his own club did exactly the same with the  Guidetti incident.

We both know the rules have changed and Lafferty will recieve at least a 10 game ban if found guilty, he's already admitted that guilt in the statement Killie released.

As for a public statement that can only prejudice the case against him until it's heard. I'll expect one once the SFA has dished out their punishment.

But your point is absolutely pish when the word Guidetti used wasn't even sectarian. Even if it was, the context is completely different - he was singing the song that celtic fans sang about him to a TV reporter after being asked what it was. 

He didn't turn round and dish out sectarian abuse to some wee guy who was trying to have a laugh with him like Lafferty did.