The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

15 hours ago, Hendo said:

I have nothing against Killie, similar club to ourselves, living in the shadow of the gruesome twosome, they did really well under Steve Clarke and i have to admit i was a bit jealous of them at that time.

The issue i have is their fans on here and other forums seem to have a genuine sense of entitlement now they are back in the big league. They seem to generally feel they should be top 6, despite having a squad which didnt convince at a lower level last year and where their only additions have been kids with a handful of first team games between them and aging pros who already havent convinced at this level. Add to that the fact they have a very unbalanced squad - 7 centre halfs but no functioning left back - and the warning signs are obvious. 

If St Mirren had carried out such shambolic preparations, our forums would be in meltdown. But our Ayrshire friends have, all close season, been acting as if the Premiership is a walk in the park. 

If you ever want a laugh, go on Killie kickback. There are fans on there who think they are going to sign Billy Gilmour and Lewis Morgan.

Just a pity points arent given out for levels of delusion, or Killie would be top of the league.

It’s particularly galling to be told by a St Mirren fan that your fans believing they should be top 6 makes you entitled. We’ve been hearing from St Mirren fans that they’ll finish top 6 every summer since this website was created*.

*except for the numerous seasons you’ve spent in the lower leagues. 

St. Mirren fan, Hendo, trawling Killie Kickback looking for some dirt to post on P&B, presumably in some misguided attempt to appear clever to his peers, is perhaps the most tragic thing I've ever read on here.

16 hours ago, Hendo said:

I have nothing against Killie, similar club to ourselves, living in the shadow of the gruesome twosome, they did really well under Steve Clarke and i have to admit i was a bit jealous of them at that time.

The issue i have is their fans on here and other forums seem to have a genuine sense of entitlement now they are back in the big league. They seem to generally feel they should be top 6, despite having a squad which didnt convince at a lower level last year and where their only additions have been kids with a handful of first team games between them and aging pros who already havent convinced at this level. Add to that the fact they have a very unbalanced squad - 7 centre halfs but no functioning left back - and the warning signs are obvious. 

If St Mirren had carried out such shambolic preparations, our forums would be in meltdown. But our Ayrshire friends have, all close season, been acting as if the Premiership is a walk in the park. 

If you ever want a laugh, go on Killie kickback. There are fans on there who think they are going to sign Billy Gilmour and Lewis Morgan.

Just a pity points arent given out for levels of delusion, or Killie would be top of the league.

I've nothing much against St Mirren, but this post is baws.

Tony Fitzpatrick gushed that St Mirren would finish top 6 every season, even when they were in the Championship.

17 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

Oh sorry, I'll try another tract how's yer march to top 6 taking shape then, surely yer 150k season ticket sales should help yous 

Could you please post using decent grammar. 

5 hours ago, funky monkey said:

I've nothing much against St Mirren, but this post is baws.

Tony Fitzpatrick gushed that St Mirren would finish top 6 every season, even when they were in the Championship.

He said the aim was top 6, nothing wrong with being ambitious when you have decent players.

However, Killie dont, your current squad reminds me of the one we had assembled by Stubbs and which only stayed up on penalties after some good additions in January. 10th should be the only objective for Killie this season.

Edited by Hendo

21 hours ago, Hendo said:

Similar to St Mirren a wee bit, but we are a bigger club, more successful and have more fans,

Edited by NFL12

On 20/08/2022 at 20:18, Hendo said:

This is the issue I have with you. You constantly come on here, and post all over Pie and Bovril about our squad, but it's all absolute bollocks. 

Our signings on paper have all been fine. Power, Jones, Lafferty are good signings at this level and Donnelly will hopefully be fine, but has had a poor start. The "young players with a handful of games" chat is a bit selective too.

Here's a little breakdown of our signings for you, and hopefully it'll make it nice and easy for you to understand:

Jordan Jones - Previously a great player for us who earned himself a few good moves off the back of it. Poor season at Saints last year seems to have skewered your opinion here.

Alan Power - See likewise.

Liam Donnelly - A typical Scottish football utility man. Hardly amazing and not delighted about his signing but he has done well enough in Scotland to merit a chance.

Joe Wright - Over 100 appearances in League One in England. Pretty well thought of by fans at Doncaster. 

Kyle Lafferty - Again, a proven player at this level 

Ryan Alebiosu - One of the players who has played very limited games. Has looked very good so far going forward, but it's clear he's raw.

Lewis Mayo - Over 60 appearances in Championship over the last few seasons. Very highly thought of and made Championship TOTY last season. Natural step up in his career now, sensible move. 

Kerr McInroy - Pretty similar to Mayo, minus the TOTY part. A low risk, potential high reward punt. 

Jeriel Dorsett - Big lad who won Rochdale YPOTY last season. Won't necessarily be a starter, but provides decent competition in there. 

Zach Hemming - Was our stand out player by a mile last season, and despite not having played that many games in his career it's clear that he's miles better than anyone we have had since Bachmann. 

Deji Sotona - A complete unknown. Was Man Uniteds fastest player, but that means hee haw. 

So, from that list there's 2 players who have played "a handful of games" in their career, and the rest look like fairly sensible signings to add to the squad we already have. So aye, you are talking shite.

There's also no entitlement from our fans - pretty much everyone I know has said, based on the league last year and the fact it was so close then we should be able to go and challenge teams and have a go, but would take 8th/9th and consolidate from there. 

Bye now. 

5 hours ago, Hendo said:

He said the aim was top 6, nothing wrong with being ambitious when you have decent players.

However, Killie dont, your current squad reminds me of the one we had assembled by Stubbs and which only stayed up on penalties after some good additions in January. 10th should be the only objective for Killie this season.

Constantly has go at Killie and says they have an aging shit squad.

Supports team with Trevor Carson, Richard Tait, Ryan Flynn, and Curtis Main in it.

On 21/08/2022 at 16:01, Hendo said:

I don’t know who you’ve been speaking to but for most of us 10th would be a decent finishing position.

I don’t think there are any Killie fans who think we’ll finish above the two bigots, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd (at the start of the season anyway). So straight away that makes us 7th at best. Then again I also don’t think you’ll find many of us who thought we would finish about Livingston nor necessarily Ross County. Motherwell can always be a bit hit or miss.

That leaves:

St Johnstone - nearly relegated last year and their own fans in constant despair and wanting their manager sacked.

St Mirren - the only club I’ve mentioned in this entire post who haven’t finished in the top half of the top division in Scotland in the entire 30 years I’ve been watching football. A joke of a club you might say.

On 21/08/2022 at 21:17, Nadroj said:

This is the issue I have with you. You constantly come on here, and post all over Pie and Bovril about our squad, but it's all absolute bollocks. 

Our signings on paper have all been fine. Power, Jones, Lafferty are good signings at this level and Donnelly will hopefully be fine, but has had a poor start. The "young players with a handful of games" chat is a bit selective too.

Here's a little breakdown of our signings for you, and hopefully it'll make it nice and easy for you to understand:

Jordan Jones - Previously a great player for us who earned himself a few good moves off the back of it. Poor season at Saints last year seems to have skewered your opinion here. (it certainly has, shades of greg wylde here. Hope I'm wrong for your sakes)

Alan Power - See likewise. (power was alright, Most St Mirren fans would have been happy if he stayed, but Gogic and O'hara are up grades) 

Liam Donnelly - A typical Scottish football utility man. Hardly amazing and not delighted about his signing but he has done well enough in Scotland to merit a chance. 

Joe Wright - Over 100 appearances in League One in England. Pretty well thought of by fans at Doncaster. 

Kyle Lafferty - Again, a proven player diving cheat well past it at this level (fixed it for you)

Ryan Alebiosu - One of the players who has played very limited games. Has looked very good so far going forward, but it's clear he's raw.

Lewis Mayo - Over 60 appearances in Championship over the last few seasons. Very highly thought of and made Championship TOTY last season. Natural step up in his career now, sensible move. 

Kerr McInroy - Pretty similar to Mayo, minus the TOTY part. A low risk, potential high reward punt. 

Jeriel Dorsett - Big lad who won Rochdale YPOTY last season. Won't necessarily be a starter, but provides decent competition in there. 

Zach Hemming - Was our stand out player by a mile last season, and despite not having played that many games in his career it's clear that he's miles better than anyone we have had since Bachmann. 

Deji Sotona - A complete unknown. Was Man Uniteds fastest player, but that means hee haw. 

So, from that list there's 2 players who have played "a handful of games" in their career, and the rest look like fairly sensible signings to add to the squad we already have. So aye, you are talking shite.

There's also no entitlement from our fans - pretty much everyone I know has said, based on the league last year and the fact it was so close then we should be able to go and challenge teams and have a go, but would take 8th/9th and consolidate from there. 

Bye now. 

Not saying you're wrong but... 

On 21/08/2022 at 19:58, billyg said:

Killie are the second biggest club to play in the third tier ! 

Thanks. When St Mirren get there you can boast that you are the fifth, maybe even fourth biggest, what with Dunfermline and Falkirk being there already.

On 23/08/2022 at 19:49, NFL12 said:

Thanks. When St Mirren get there you can boast that you are the fifth, maybe even fourth biggest, what with Dunfermline and Falkirk being there already.

Dunfermline, St mirren and Falkirk are all far bigger clubs than Killie mate.

Any truth that Jordan Jones failed a drugs test and that’s why he’s been bombed out by McInnes? Heard that’s why we had no interest in bringing him back as well after his loan finished. Loved a sniffle in his rangers days too. 

14 hours ago, McG said:

Any truth that Jordan Jones failed a drugs test and that’s why he’s been bombed out by McInnes? Heard that’s why we had no interest in bringing him back as well after his loan finished. Loved a sniffle in his rangers days too. 

You are clearly taking the p*ss if you think any of the clubs you mentioned are bigger than Killie. By a long country mile we are bigger.

20 hours ago, McG said:

Any truth that Jordan Jones failed a drugs test and that’s why he’s been bombed out by McInnes?

That rumour is certainly doing the rounds. Don’t think anyone would admit to knowing that it’s true in this day and age of spurious lawsuits.

22 hours ago, McG said:

Bigger than Killie? Get your own patter. 

Jones, don't know anything apart from what I've read on here and Kickback. He'd be a fool to get caught doing that kind of thing.