The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Well Alebiosu looks like he can play a bit, could be an absolute find.

Not a random one either, DM said on the radio interview we tried to get him in the Jan window.

Edited by C4mmy31

Didn't get to the game but managed to stream most of it. The new signings do seem like an improvement on what we had a week past on Wednesday against Thistle - and Alebiosu looks to be an absolute pler. Yes, we were against opponents from the fourth tier, but I'm pleased with the way we played yesterday and I hope that with one or two more signings we can have a good go at moving up the table. How far up the table we can go remains to be seen, but if the likes of Motherwell, Hibs, St. Johnstone and St. Mirren continue to struggle then I'd like to think that we can do better than them.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

With Jeriel Dorsett joining on loan today and rumours of Deji Sotona to follow, I don't see much more business from us this window unless we ship a few throu the exit door first.

Both looking like good signings - I'm enjoying the way the squad is starting to look ever since we signed Alebiosu and Jones.

The squad is looking fantastic, one of my dear friends is travelling to Ibrox tomorrow to cheer on the team and sample one of those donner meat and chilli sauce pies, he's going to compare it to our wonderful Killie Pie and phone me with his verdict. Alebiosu looks like a fantastic and very forward-thinking acquisition by Mr McInnes. 

MTK. 

Not fair to lay into Killie at this point anyway. Tough run of fixtures, thrown in the deep end. Problem is because half a dozen or so teams are similar, there aren't many fixtures you can point at and say right there's 3 points there ect.

Next 3 fixtures are Motherwell at home, Hibs away then StJohnstone at home. 6 points are achievable, any less than 4 and yous maybe start to worry.

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Not fair to lay into Killie at this point anyway. Tough run of fixtures, thrown in the deep end. Problem is because half a dozen or so teams are similar, there aren't many fixtures you can point at and say right there's 3 points there ect.

Next 3 fixtures are Motherwell at home, Hibs away then StJohnstone at home. 6 points are achievable, any less than 4 and yous maybe start to worry.

I have nothing against Killie, similar club to ourselves, living in the shadow of the gruesome twosome, they did really well under Steve Clarke and i have to admit i was a bit jealous of them at that time.

The issue i have is their fans on here and other forums seem to have a genuine sense of entitlement now they are back in the big league. They seem to generally feel they should be top 6, despite having a squad which didnt convince at a lower level last year and where their only additions have been kids with a handful of first team games between them and aging pros who already havent convinced at this level. Add to that the fact they have a very unbalanced squad - 7 centre halfs but no functioning left back - and the warning signs are obvious. 

If St Mirren had carried out such shambolic preparations, our forums would be in meltdown. But our Ayrshire friends have, all close season, been acting as if the Premiership is a walk in the park. 

If you ever want a laugh, go on Killie kickback. There are fans on there who think they are going to sign Billy Gilmour and Lewis Morgan.

Just a pity points arent given out for levels of delusion, or Killie would be top of the league.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Only an absolute dafty would be making such a plan just now.

Not surprised it came across your mind.

Oh sorry, I'll try another tract how's yer march to top 6 taking shape then, surely yer 150k season ticket sales should help yous