The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

While preparation for the competitive games continues, so does recruitment for the challenges ahead. Five players have already arrived at Rugby Park this summer, and McInnes hopes to pretty much double that before the window closes and thinks the next few weeks could see fresh additions.

“Probably still at least another four, maybe five,” he said. “We still need more speed, more creativity and better options at the top end of the pitch.

“But we are working hard to try to make that happen.

“We are trying to be really specific about the positions we are looking for and the profile of player and will try to wait as long as we can.

“It is starting to get a bit busier this week, English clubs are starting to return back as well and I think there will be more players available over the next two or three weeks.”

On 07/07/2022 at 22:06, Hendo said:
Given most Killie fans think they'll get top 6 with a squad not improved from last season, where they needed a late goal to secure promotion against a part-time side

Could be worse, we could have conceded a late goal against a part-time side and lost to them.

Edited by craigkillie

Given most Killie fans think they'll get top 6 with a squad not improved from last season, where they needed a late goal to secure promotion against a part-time side, then being called delusional by a Killie fan is like being called a liar by Boris Johnson.

This has aged like the finest of wines.

Given most Killie fans think they'll get top 6 with a squad not improved from last season, where they needed a late goal to secure promotion against a part-time side, then being called delusional by a Killie fan is like being called a liar by Boris Johnson.

ha-smirk.gif.1bc59ff5044be3e8ccdd513bc2f80b0b.gif

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Oh @Hendo it appears we are not the only ones 🤣

524329536_Screenshot_20220709-170432_FlashscoreUK.thumb.jpg.ce1134e681951fa4fdf9bf0141e532c8.jpg

Our squad is still much better than yours, today you had a back 3 including Jack Sanders and Callum Waters.

You have a better manager though, I'll give you that. McInnes should have held off a couple of months and joined a well run club.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Our squad is still much better than yours, today you had a back 3 including Jack Sanders and Callum Waters.

You have a better manager though, I'll give you that. McInnes should have held off a couple of months and joined a well run club.

Ooft, doubling down on the gobshitery.

bold-commentary.gif

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

On 09/07/2022 at 18:35, Hendo said:

Jack Sanders has the potential to be a top player. 

St Mirren seem to have a very reactive support, they have wee personal beefs with Motherwell/ Hearts and now Kilmarnock. Apart from all those clubs being bigger than them and more successful. St Mirren play a stunning role as the bridesmaid to the Top Six. Even out doing themselves in the last game of the season. 

They took a few of our players who got us relegated for first time in nearly 30 years and they think they are now big time. I don't mind St Mirren as a club and as relatively close by neighbours within the Prem id like us to have a bit more of a rivalry because after humping Black and White shite in Ayr last season we need a bridesmaid to fill that void. 

We are certainly not perfect as a squad but have some players who are good for this league. We will likely add another 5/6 starting quality in next month and we will see where we go. Many teams go down and struggle to come back up first time of asking, Just ask yourselves, Rangers, Hibs, Dundee United. 

Looking forward to a trip to Paisley soon

11 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Great professional. Despite his age he was often the difference between our teams over the last few years.

If only more players in Scotland were as dedicated and skilful as Burke. Great appointment.

We won't make a better signing on or off the pitch this summer.

Delighted he's back and involved with the club as is everyone on our forums.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Great professional. Despite his age he was often the difference between our teams over the last few years.

If only more players in Scotland were as dedicated and skilful as Burke. Great appointment.

Didn't he get heat stroke at Pittodrie?

53 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Has he retired then? 

I'd guess he'd have had a few good offers so it seems quite sudden to go from "I still have a burning desire to play" to "right, that is it I'm done." In just about 5 weeks?

It would appear so as it'll be a full time role, youths, reserves and some 1st team involvement.

Very pleased to have him back - you couldn't get a much better professional to get good habits on and off the park instilled into the youths. Rugby Park is a better place for having him around.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Has he retired then? 

I'd guess he'd have had a few good offers so it seems quite sudden to go from "I still have a burning desire to play" to "right, that is it I'm done." In just about 5 weeks?

Think he heard Ayr were interested in signing him so he knew his career was over.