The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

46 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

You'll get a good 10 games out of Liam Donnelly.

Don't worry, it's part of Derek's masterplan, which no-one has ever seen but the Killie fans seem to believe in.

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Don't worry, it's part of Derek's masterplan, which no-one has ever seen but the Killie fans seem to believe in.

You're just ragin they beat your lot to signing him.
Our plan to enter a B team in the league system is being ruined by Kilmarnock beating St Mirren to signing our diddies.

21 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

You're just ragin they beat your lot to signing him.
Our plan to enter a B team in the league system is being ruined by Kilmarnock beating St Mirren to signing our diddies.

I think there are some very good reasons that Robinson passed on him, his injury record being one.

You have to feel for Killie fans, they have a championship level squad but are still deluded enough to believe top 6 is on.

At least St Johnstone fans have self awareness of where they are.

28 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think there are some very good reasons that Robinson passed on him, his injury record being one.

You have to feel for Killie fans, they have a championship level squad but are still deluded enough to believe top 6 is on.

At least you aren't bothered mate. 

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm surprised the Saints fans are so concerned about us being promoted - I'd have thought they'd have welcomed us back given the importance of the blue and white pound to their precarious finances.

Ahem. I think you must have missed this. ;)

Celtic and Rangers snubbed as two Scottish clubs among the top 10 best-run teams in Europe | The National

However, I've absolutely nothing against Kilmarnock. Their fans are pretty decent, and like us have a healthy dislike of the old scum.

Another 1-0 win for the stripes, once again coming from an absolute howler at the back by the opposition. I have no doubt that the team we put out tonight will look vastly different from the one that lines up against Dundee United in late July.

22 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm surprised the Saints fans are so concerned about us being promoted - I'd have thought they'd have welcomed us back given the importance of the blue and white pound to their precarious finances.

Given you have just bagged some cash from Saudi owned Newcastle United for one of your players, you can keep your dirty tainted money.

On 05/07/2022 at 17:15, craigkillie said:

Naw, they'll just open another Celtic pop up shop when times get tough.

On 05/07/2022 at 16:42, Hendo said:

Have you ever made top 6 since it's been a thing? 

St Mirren fans are a an odd bunch - we have one season out the top flight in 29 years and they suddenly get a superiority complex. Bit of a weird outlook from fans of a yoyo club that struggles to shift 3000 season tickets. 

Whatever floats your boat - we need more bold shouts from Paisley now that that circus act Fitzpatrick has been replaced. Mind he thought your would get into top 4? Delusional auld pisher. 

11 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Have you ever made top 6 since it's been a thing? 

St Mirren fans are a an odd bunch - we have one season out the top flight in 29 years and they suddenly get a superiority complex. Bit of a weird outlook from fans of a yoyo club that struggles to shift 3000 season tickets. 

Whatever floats your boat - we need more bold shouts from Paisley now that that circus act Fitzpatrick has been replaced. Mind he thought your would get into top 4? Delusional auld pisher. 

Given most Killie fans think they'll get top 6 with a squad not improved from last season, where they needed a late goal to secure promotion against a part-time side, then being called delusional by a Killie fan is like being called a liar by Boris Johnson.

I've nothing against Killie, very similar club to us in many respects, but for any Killie fan to believe their current squad is in anything but a relegation fight this season is quite simply bizarre.

10th place will be a very good achievement for you.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Given most Killie fans think they'll get top 6 with a squad not improved from last season, where they needed a late goal to secure promotion against a part-time side, then being called delusional by a Killie fan is like being called a liar by Boris Johnson.

Who are all these Killie fans that think we’ll get top 6? 

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

I've nothing against Killie, very similar club to us in many respects, but for any Killie fan to believe their current squad is in anything but a relegation fight this season is quite simply bizarre.

10th place will be a very good achievement for you.

And St. MIRREN I suspect but in truth Killie Will finish above your lot. 

When you think about it it’s a brass neck for a St Mirren fan to call anyone out about having high expectations for an upcoming season. Almost every season (well apart from the thousands of years they’ve been out of the top flight) we have to listen to their fans predicting how this is the year they finally have a team good enough to finish (wait for it) a mighty 6th at best only to later fall flat on their faces.

This is the same St Mirren who told us in 2018 that there “wasn’t much” between Steve Clarke’s juggernaut and their squad of jobbers coming into the new season. They were right to be fair, we only finished 35 points above them that season.