The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

The fairy tale story would have been Arbroath coming up but I really don't mind Killie. We are each others derby day substitutes because our proper rivals are too shite, we bring good crowds to each others grounds, and I've got a pal who supports Killie.

Also Tam Brown and Mark Reilly 😍.

Apparently we're looking at signing Kerr McInroy. If that's right enough I'm happy with that because not only does he look a tidy young player, it'll also annoy our county cousins immensely.

Not too surprised he's going a league up (happy he wont be a direct opponent), but can't see him being an immediate starter for you guys.  Tended to drift in and out a lot of games, but when he's on form he's different gravy.  Was always his best with Dempsey and Murdoch in a 3 (the midfield we had in the 2-1 win). He's done well in League 1 and lower level Championship, but not been tested top in championship yet, but has good potential and a good one to pick up on a free.

4 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Can any good Kilmarnock fans tell me the capacity of the east stand? Somebody is telling me 4k but I thought it was more like around 6k ?

The official capacity of the East Stand is 4605, although in the interests of fairness, I am not a good fan.

On 03/06/2022 at 08:44, callum-ayr said:

Not too surprised he's going a league up (happy he wont be a direct opponent), but can't see him being an immediate starter for you guys.  Tended to drift in and out a lot of games, but when he's on form he's different gravy.  Was always his best with Dempsey and Murdoch in a 3 (the midfield we had in the 2-1 win). He's done well in League 1 and lower level Championship, but not been tested top in championship yet, but has good potential and a good one to pick up on a free.

Kilmarnock try McInroy from Celtic (loan deal with Ayr Utd last season) and McAlear from Norwich city (loan deal with Inverness CT last season)

2 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

Kilmarnock try McInroy from Celtic (loan deal with Ayr Utd last season) and McAlear from Norwich city (loan deal with Inverness CT last season)

Both of those signings would do me fine. When I see other clubs starting to announce signings - even when there's still plenty of time to get players signed up before it gets to Allan Johnston levels of panicking and signing the first players that want to come regardless of ability - it makes me feel like we're far behind. Hoping for some news this week.

14 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Stephen McGinn, seen he played a fair whack of games for your lot last season. What can we expect?

Slow. Decent enough passer if lacking creativity. Centre mid stay in the centre circle and retain / win possession type. Reasonable if a bit meh. Poor over the winter but so were most then, picked up a bit of consistency towards end of season.

On 09/06/2022 at 14:36, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Stephen McGinn, seen he played a fair whack of games for your lot last season. What can we expect?

Knows how to play football, but not quick enough to do it at top level. Eric Clapton was Slowhand, Steven McGinn is slow feet.

On 09/06/2022 at 13:36, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I think

he got a sore time of it from some fans last season, it became obvious the lad is a great thinker, reader of a game, will see passes before others.

Just give him the centre circle and have some lads coming from deep to run into his passing, I like McGinn and think he could be a great signing for Falkirk.