The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, everything we earned we earned through smart decision making. 

My first decade watching Saints was almost entirely in the second tier so yeah, I've plenty of perspective about being in a lower tier. I got hooked watching our steady progression towards challenging for promotion and then finally clinching it, I doubt it would've happened if we'd been dossing about in 16th every season.

It's all about opinions, that's what the forum is for ... and we don't have to agree; it's fine to have differing views, and we do. Cheers.

20 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

The new home kit 👌

20220519_180840.thumb.jpg.b78172daba9d93de7f66f2bdcd43905d.jpg

It's really grown on me since I first saw it yesterday, I wasn't sure about the collar as I thought it didn't look right on the Southampton kit.

I'm assuming names and numbers won't be available via the online Killie shop until the squad numbers are finalised? Really want to get Alston's name as a tribute to the guy that won the league at Rugby park.

5 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

It's really grown on me since I first saw it yesterday, I wasn't sure about the collar as I thought it didn't look right on the Southampton kit.

I'm assuming names and numbers won't be available via the online Killie shop until the squad numbers are finalised? Really want to get Alston's name as a tribute to the guy that won the league at Rugby park.

Seen a few posts saying it looks even better in the flesh. I'm heading down tomorrow to pick one up and see what the rest of the new range looks like to the eye.

Not sure how I feel about the Power signing. He looked like he had slowed down in his last season with us, was always a likely booking, was part of our relegation and jumped ship. Feels like a sideways move at best. But I wasn't entirely convinced that Alston was the right signing last summer mind you...

Edited by Sweet Pete

I think Power will do just fine doubt he'll be a regular starter, also think he'll feel he has a point to prove.

The Alston comparison is an interesting one, I felt earlier in the season that Blair got a bit of unfair criticism, he was always looking to get forward and support the strikers but that left gaps in the midfield you'd expect those around him to work a bit harder and cover till he was back in position but that never happened either because of poor tactics or coaching or a lack of fitness or confidence ( felt we looked slow, ponderous and lacking a bit of flexibility in the first half of the season ) Power also seemed to suffer from trying to cover for Dicker's lack of mobility and that led to him being exposed and in turn led to some poor decisions, I'm sure he'll be aware of that and with the right balance around him we'll see a better version of him maybe not the player he was though but I'm sure he'll do a turn.

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

I think Power will do just fine doubt he'll be a regular starter, also think he'll feel he has a point to prove.

The Alston comparison is an interesting one, I felt earlier in the season that Blair got a bit of unfair criticism, he was always looking to get forward and support the strikers but that left gaps in the midfield you'd expect those around him to work a bit harder and cover till he was back in position but that never happened either because of poor tactics or coaching or a lack of fitness or confidence ( felt we looked slow, ponderous and lacking a bit of flexibility in the first half of the season ) Power also seemed to suffer from trying to cover for Dicker's lack of mobility and that led to him being exposed and in turn led to some poor decisions, I'm sure he'll be aware of that and with the right balance around him we'll see a better version of him maybe not the player he was though but I'm sure he'll do a turn.

We were definitely plodding and one dimensional before McInnes arrived.

9 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Have you released Stephen McGinn? I’d love to see him at Morton but not sure we could afford him.

Yeah. I’d like us to have kept him but he’s gone. Rumours are he’s going to St Mirren as a player/ coach. He was excellent in the second half of the season. 

10 hours ago, Fide said:

Yeah. I’d like us to have kept him but he’s gone. Rumours are he’s going to St Mirren as a player/ coach. He was excellent in the second half of the season. 

Not sure he has the legs to play consistently in the top flight. 
A good championship player who done a good job for us last year. 
would be surprised if he went to anyone in the top flight 

54 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

New walk up prices seem a wee bit OTT. Appreciate budgets need to be balanced, but could potentially turn away the casual passing customer.

Can't make it much less than they have imo then you're only saving £2-3 per game on the season ticket. Miss a couple games and it's no worth getting. 

100% agree it's too much for the product but the issue with having a limited size fanbase is reducing the prices doesn't return with sufficient numbers to make it financially worthwhile. 

The club have rightly pushed the season tickets with the family one being a great deal in particular. Plus the U5 and U16 walkup prices are good imo.

Think a lot of folk are comparing last season to this rather than last prem season. Rightly or wrongly the other prem teams are already charging £25+, if the club wants to be competitive we need to sign better players and without a bumper TV deal the league isn't giving out much dough so the club need to maximise revenue where they can. 

I would like to think the club have analysed how many walk ups they get on average and have worked out that it's no that many in grand scheme of things. They'll be hoping that they will get significant uptake of the season tickets due to feelgood factor from last season which will offset the higher walkups. 

Our walkup price has been £20-22 for 10+ years it was going to go up at somepoint. 

9 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Can't make it much less than they have imo then you're only saving £2-3 per game on the season ticket. Miss a couple games and it's no worth getting. 

100% agree it's too much for the product but the issue with having a limited size fanbase is reducing the prices doesn't return with sufficient numbers to make it financially worthwhile. 

The club have rightly pushed the season tickets with the family one being a great deal in particular. Plus the U5 and U16 walkup prices are good imo.

Think a lot of folk are comparing last season to this rather than last prem season. Rightly or wrongly the other prem teams are already charging £25+, if the club wants to be competitive we need to sign better players and without a bumper TV deal the league isn't giving out much dough so the club need to maximise revenue where they can. 

I would like to think the club have analysed how many walk ups they get on average and have worked out that it's no that many in grand scheme of things. They'll be hoping that they will get significant uptake of the season tickets due to feelgood factor from last season which will offset the higher walkups. 

Our walkup price has been £20-22 for 10+ years it was going to go up at somepoint. 

All good points, and as I said, I appreciate budgets need to be balanced. But it still feels too high to yer aul da.

Not that it affects me generally though, as Rugby Park is an away game to me and as such I generally attend actual away games.